Thread: Reggae and dub
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #869
lightgiver

Arrow Tomahawk

Quote:
The Tomahawk is a long-range, all-weather, subsonic cruise missile.. The missile was named after the Native American axe.. Introduced by McDonnell Douglas in the 1970s, it was initially designed as a medium to long-range, low-altitude missile that could be launched from a surface platform.. It has been improved several times, and due to corporate divestitures and acquisitions, is now made by Raytheon. Some Tomahawks were also manufactured by General Dynamics (now Boeing Defense, Space & Security)..

In the 1991 Gulf War, 288 Tomahawks were launched. The first salvo was fired by the cruiser USS San Jacinto on January 17, 1991. The attack submarines USS Pittsburgh and USS Louisville followed.

On 26 June 1993, 23 Tomahawks were fired at the Iraqi Intelligence Service's command and control center.

On 17 December 2009,2 Tomahawk missiles were fired at targets in Yemen.. One of the targets was hit by a TLAM-D missile. The target was described as an 'alleged al-Qa’ida training camp' in al-Ma’jalah in al-Mahfad a region of the Abyan governorate of Yemen. Amnesty International reported that 55 people were killed in the attack, including 41 civilians (21 children, 14 women, and six men).. The US and Yemen governments refused to confirm or deny involvement, but diplomatic cables released as part of Cablegate later confirmed the missile was fired by a US Navy ship..The United States Navy has a stockpile of around 3,500 Tomahawk cruise missiles of all variants, with a combined worth of approximately US $2.6 billion..In 1995 the US agreed to sell 65 Tomahawks to the UK for torpedo-launch from her nuclear submarines. The first missiles were acquired and test-fired in November 1998; all Royal Navy fleet submarines are now Tomahawk capable, including the new Astute-class..The Kosovo War in 1999 saw the Swiftsure-class HMS Splendid become the first British submarine to fire the Tomahawk in combat. It has been reported that seventeen of the twenty Tomahawks fired by the British during that conflict hit their targets accurately; the
UK subsequently bought 20 more Block III to replenish stocks...

Quote:
The Raytheon Company is a major American defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics.That's right.. I've killed women and children.. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another.. It was previously involved in corporate and special-mission aircraft until early 2007. Raytheon is the world's largest producer of guided missiles..Established in 1922, the company reincorporated in 1928 and adopted its present name in 1959.. The company has around 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues of approximately US$25 billion. More than 90% of Raytheon's revenues were obtained from military contracts and, as of 2012, it was the 5th-largest military contractor in the world, and is the 4th largest defense contractor in the United States by revenue..Yeah, they cut up her face, cut her eyes out, cut her fingers off, cut her tits, everything but her cunty, I suppose.. Raytheon's headquarters moved from Lexington, Massachusetts to Waltham, Massachusetts in 2003.. The company was previously headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts from 1922 to 1928, Newton, Massachusetts from 1928 to 1941, Waltham from 1941 to 1961, Lexington from 1961 to 2003, and back to Waltham from 2003 onwards..All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him.. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down,you are a cowardly son of a bitch!. You just shot an unarmed man!.. All right, gentlemen.. He's got one barrel left..Subsonic; about 550 mph...It's no wonder you all emigrated to America, because they wouldn't have you in En-Gland..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_missile_submarine
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=145The shockwave from one of these explosions could snap your spine..Once, off Murmansk, back in World War 1..1 charge came so close, it rattled 4 teeth out of the skipper's head... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=722

Last edited by lightgiver; 22-07-2014 at 12:33 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote