View Single Post
Old 13-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #216
lightgiver

Arrow Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone

Quote:
On 18 September 2012, Police Constables Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone, 2 Greater Manchester Police officers, were killed by Dale Cregan in a gun and grenade attack while responding to a report of a burglary in Greater Manchester, England..The incident was the first in Great Britain in which two female police officers were killed on duty.. Greater Manchester's chief constable Peter Fahy called the attack "cold-blooded murder" and British PM David Cameron described it as a "despicable act...of pure evil".. The deaths renewed the debate about whether British police officers should be armed..

Fiona Bone, 32 (Sale), and Nicola Hughes, 23 (Saddleworth), were on routine patrol on 18 September 2012 when they were sent to Abbey Gardens, Mottram in Longdendale, near Hyde, at about 11 am, following a report of a burglary.. This was the result of a 999 emergency telephone call from a member of the public, which was later found to be the work of Dale Cregan, who had led the officers into a trap.. After arriving at the house where the burglary had been reported the officers came under attack, with 32 gunshots being fired from a Glock pistol within 31 seconds, and one M75 hand grenade being used..One officer died at the scene while the other was badly wounded and died later in hospital...The M75 grenade (English:Kashikara, Serbian Latin:Kašikara, Serbian Cyrillic:Кашикара) is a
Yugoslav infantry-used hand grenade..Variants M93 The core is full of 3000 steel balls..Their diameter is 2.5–3 mm...

Quote:
On 12 February 2013, Cregan changed his plea to guilty in relation to the murder of the two police officers..3 months later he admitted to carrying out two separate murders in 2012, which were linked to a gangland feud in Manchester..The killings of David and Mark Short were the culmination of a decade-long feud between 2 families in Manchester, the Shorts and the Atkinsons, with whom Cregan was friendly.. The deaths of Fiona Bone, Nicola Hughes and David Short were the first time that a hand grenade had been used as a murder weapon in Britain..The M67 grenade is a fragmentation hand grenade used by the United States military. The M67 is a replacement for the M26-series grenades used during the Korean and Vietnam Wars, and the older Mk 2 "pineapple" grenade used since World War II..The M67 is a 5-mile (8.0 km) urban motorway in Greater Manchester, England which heads east from the M60 motorway passing through Denton and Hyde before ending near Mottram...He made a bogus 999 call claiming a burglary at a house in Mottram and within an hour he had murdered the 2 unarmed female officers who had been sent to deal with the report.He walked into the station and told the counter clerk: "I'm wanted by the police and I've just done 2 coppers."Cregan appeared 'calm and casual' as he was handcuffed and, asked if he had any weapons, he replied: "I dropped the gun at the scene and I've murdered 2 police officers. You were hounding my family so I took it out on yous"..After he was arrested he added: "sorry about those two that have been killed, I wish it was men"..In August 2013 it was reported that Cregan was on hunger strike.. He was moved to Ashworth Hospital in September 2013..Ashworth Hospital is a high-security psychiatric hospital in Maghull, Merseyside, England..Ashworth was formed from the merger of the old Moss Side Hospital (originally a learning-disability unit once used for the treatment of shell shock in World War I) and the vastly more modern and considerably more appropriate Park Lane Hospital, opened as a Broadmoor overspill unit in the early 1970s..The range of problems experienced by patients at Ashworth Hospital includes a wide variety of mental disorders, with the majority experiencing psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia..Many also have comorbid personality disorder and some have personality disorders alone..

The word "grenade" derives from the French word for a "small explosive shell". Its first usage in English dates from the 1590s. It is likely derived from Old French pomegranate..The Dutch V40, Swiss HG 85, and US M67 are offensive grenades as they have an effective wounding radius of around 15 m and can easily be thrown further.. Fragments may travel more than 200 m...The MK3 offensive hand grenade is a cylindrical concussion grenade designed to produce casualties during close combat while minimizing danger to friendly personnel..There are 3 variants: the basic MK3, the MK3A1, and the MK3A2. They differ in their construction and the type of fuse used..A stun grenade, also known as a flash grenade or a flashbang, is a non-lethal weapon.. The first devices like this were created in the 1960s at the order of the British Special Air Service as an incapacitant..It is designed to produce a blinding flash of light and loud noise without causing permanent injury..The fires that occurred during the Iranian Embassy Siege in London were caused by stun grenades..Stylized pictures of early grenades, emitting a flame, are used as ornaments on military uniforms, particularly in Britain, France (esp. French Gendarmerie and the French Army), and Italy (Carabinieri)..Ashworth currently has 14 wards..A wide variety of pharmacological, rehabilitative and psychological treatments are available.. Rehabilitative and creative activity is supported with patients frequently entering work for the Koestler awards winning 27 prizes in 2011..Broadmoor and Rampton Secure Hospital are two other high-security mental hospitals in England and Wales, with the State Hospital Carstairs
fulfilling a similar role for Scotland and Northern Ireland..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_...and_Fiona_Bone
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-22773440
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-short-4003584
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=48933&page=25America is an irradiated wasteland.. Within it lies a city.. Outside the boundary walls, a desert.. A cursed earth. Inside the walls, a cursed city, stretching from Boston to Washington D.C. An unbroken concrete landscape.. 800 million people living in the ruin of the old world and the mega structures of the new one.. Mega blocks.. Mega highways.. Mega City One.. Convulsing. Choking.. Breaking under its own weight.. Citizens in fear of the street.. The gun.. The gang.. Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos: the men and women of the Hall of Justice..In case you people have forgotten.. Ma-Ma is not the law..I am the law...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1758

Last edited by lightgiver; 13-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote