Thread: From Hell
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #72
lightgiver

Arrow Liberation in the PaW of Your Hand

Quote:
The 4 sons of Horus were a group of 4 gods in Egyptian religion, who were essentially the personifications of the 4 canopic jars, which accompanied mummified bodies..Since the heart was thought to embody the soul, it was left inside the body..The brain was misleadingly thought only to be the origin of mucus, so it was reduced to liquid, removed with heavy metal hooks, and discarded..This left the stomach (and small intestines), liver, large intestines, and lungs, which were removed, embalmed and stored, each organ in its own jar.. There were times when embalmers deviated from this scheme: during the 21st Dynasty they embalmed and wrapped the viscera and returned them to the body, while the Canopic jars remained empty symbols..Since Horus was their father, so Isis, Horus's original wife in the early mythological phase, was usually seen as their mother, though in the details of the funerary ritual each son, and therefore each canopic jar, was protected by a particular goddess. Just as the sons of Horus protected the contents of a canopic jar, the king's organs, so they in turn were protected. As they were male in accordance with the principles of male/female duality their protectors were female..Until the end of the 18th Dynasty the canopic jars had the head of the king, but later they were shown with animal heads.. Inscriptions on coffins and sarcophagi from earliest times showed them usually in animal form..The Jackal (or possibly dog) is linked to Anubis and the act of embalming and also Wepwawet the "opener of the ways" who seeks out the paths of the dead.. The hawk is associated with Horus himself and also Seker the mummified necropolis god. Imseti, the human, may be linked to Osiris himself or Onuris the hunter...

In Spell 151 of the Book of the Dead Hapi is given the following words to say: "I have come to be your protection. I have bound your head and your limbs for you.. I have smitten your enemies beneath you for you, and given you your head, Eternally"..Hapi (xapi) the baboon headed son of Horus protected the lungs of the deceased and was in turn protected by the goddess Nephthys.. The spelling of his name includes a hieroglyph which is thought to be connected with steering a boat, although its exact nature is not known. For this reason he was sometimes connected with navigation, although early references call him the great runner: "You are the great runner; come, that you may join up my father N and not be far in this your name of Hapi, for you are the greatest of my children – so says Horus"..Imsety the human headed son of Horus, protected the liver of the deceased and was in turn protected by the goddess Isis..Spell 148 in the Book of the Dead directly associates all 4 of Horus's sons to the four cardinal points. Imsety was associated with the south..Duamutef, the jackal headed son of Horus, protected the stomach of the deceased and was in turn protected by the goddess Neith..In Spell 151 of the Book of the Dead Duamutef is given the following words to say: "I have come to rescue my father Osiris from his assailant "..Duamutef was also considered one of the four pillars of Shu, a rudder of heaven, and was associated with the east..Qebehsenuef was the falcon-headed son of Horus, and protected the intestines of the deceased. He was in turn protected by the goddess Serket.. It appears that his role was to refresh the dead person, and his name means literally "he who libates his siblings". Horus commands him, "Come refresh my father; betake yourself to him in your name of Qebehsenuef. You have come that you may make coolness for him after you "...Libation or showering with cool water was a traditional form of worship in Ancient Egypt. There are many images of the pharaoh presenting libation to the gods..There is a sense of a dual function of cleansing and refreshing them..After Set murdered Osiris he cut the body into pieces and scattered them around the Delta.. This was anathema to the Egyptians and the service that Qebehsenuef gives to the dead is to reassemble their parts so they can be properly preserved. In Spell 151 of the Book of the Dead he is given the following words to say: "I am your son, Osiris, I have come to be your protection. I have united your bones for you, I have assembled your limbs for you. have brought you your heart, and placed it for you at its place in your body"..Qebehsenuef was the
G associated with the West..

Quote:
The attributes of the sons of Horus are not limited to their role as the protectors of canopic jars.they appear as the four rudders of heaven in Spell 148 of the Book of the Dead, as 4 of the se7en celestial spirits summoned by Anubis in Spell 17 of the Book of the Dead and through this are linked to the circumpolar stars of the Great Bear (or Plough).. "The tribunal around Osiris is Imset, Hapy, Duamutef, Qebehsenuf, these are at the back of the Plough constellation of the northern sky..Ursa Major (Latin: "Larger Bear"; also known as the Great Bear and Charles' Wain) is a constellation visible throughout the year in most of the northern hemisphere.. It can be seen best in the month of April.. It is dominated by the widely recognized asterism known as the Big Dipper or the Plough, which is a useful pointer towards the north, and it has mythological significance in numerous world cultures..Visible at latitudes between +90° and −30°..Best visible at 21:00 (9 p.m.) during the Month of April..The se7en brightest stars of Ursa Major form the asterism known as the Big Dipper in the USA and Canada, the Plough in the United Kingdom, the Großer Wagen in Germany & Austria and the Saptarshi in India..Ursa Major has been reconstructed as an Indo-European constellation.. It was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd century AD astronomer Ptolemy..The constellation of Ursa Major has been seen as a bear by many distinct civilizations..This may stem from a common oral tradition stretching back more than 13,000 years..One of the few star groups mentioned in the Bible (Job 9:9; 38:32; — Orion and the Pleiades being others), Ursa Major was also pictured as a bear by the Jewish peoples.. ("The Bear" was translated as "Arcturus" in the Vulgate and it persisted in the KJV.)..The Iroquois Native Americans interpreted Alioth, Mizar, and Alkaid as three hunters pursuing the Great Bear. According to 1 version of their myth, the 1st hunter (Alioth) is carrying a bow and arrow to strike down the bear.. The 2nd hunter (Mizar) carries a large pot — the star Alcor — on his shoulder in which to cook the bear while the 3rd hunter (Alkaid) hauls a pile of firewood to light a fire beneath the pot..In South Korea, the constellation is referred to as "the se7en stars of the north"..In Shinto, the 7 largest stars of Ursa Major belong to Amenominakanushi, the oldest and most powerful of all kami..In Theosophy, it is believed the Se7en Stars of the Pleiades focus the spiritual energy of the Se7en RAys from the Galactic Logos to the Seven Stars of the Great Bear, then to Sirius, then to the Sun, then to the god of Earth (Sanat Kumara), and finally through the seven Masters of the Seven Rays to the human race..paṃ ḍā ra vā si nī ...Alaska is a U.S. state situated in the northwest extremity of the North American continent.. Bordering the state to the east is Yukon, a Canadian territory, and the Canadian province of British Columbia, the Arctic Ocean to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the west and south, with Russia (specifically, Chukotka Autonomous Okrug and Kamchatka Krai) further west across the Bering Strait.... It is also known as Alyeska, the "great land", an Aleut word derived from the same root..The name "Baked Alaska" (Аляска) had been introduced in the Russian colonial period, when it was used to refer to the peninsula..Alaska is the largest state in the United States in land area at 586,412 square miles (1,518,800 km2), over twice the size of Texas, the next largest state.. Alaska is larger than all but 18 sovereign countries.. Counting territorial waters, Alaska is larger than the combined area of the next 3 largest states: Texas, California, and Montana. It is also larger than the combined area of the 22 smallest U.S. states..Employment is primarily in government and industries such as natural resource extraction, shipping, and transportation. Military bases are a significant component of the economy in both Fairbanks and I took time out to write to my old friend I walked across that burning bridge Mailed my letter off to Dallas..But her reply came from Anchorage... Many active volcanoes are found in the Aleutians and in coastal regions...Ursa Major is also pictured as the Starry Plough, the Irish Flag of Labour, adopted by James Connolly's Irish Citizen Army in 1916, which shows the constellation on a blue background, and on the state flag of Alaska...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_sons_of_Horus
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=273906&page=2That's right.. They want a bridge across the river. The Angel's alive and he's dancing with the Daddy..It's as though I were 2 different people..Sometimes it seems as if I belong to a different world.. I find myself in strange surroundings with strange people.. I cannot ever seem to find rest!. I know the swamp like my finger..Se7en officers including surgeon, commissaries and so on..If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=16

Last edited by lightgiver; 14-06-2014 at 12:10 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote