View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 02:05 AM   #473
lightgiver

Arrow 4Reality

Quote:
Esther Zaied was born in Safed to a Syrian Jewish family. In 1959, she met Abi Ofarim, a guitarist and dancer, whom she later married. She began performing as a child, singing Hebrew and international folk songs..In 1960 Esther landed a small role in the Movie Exodus.. In 1961, she won the Song Festival in Tel Aviv, where she sang "Saëni Imchá Bemachol" (Take Me with You When You Dance) and "Naamah"..2 years later, she won second place in the Eurovision Song Contest 1963 with "T'en vas pas," representing Switzerland..From then on, her duo with Abi Ofarim took off.. In 1966, they had their first hit in Germany with "Noch einen Tanz." Their greatest success in Germany was in 1967 with "Morning of my Life", which was written by the Bee Gees.. In 1968 "Cinderella Rockefella" hit the top of the charts in a number of countries including the UK..They played many live concerts in New York and London, and in 1969 they toured around the world..Esther Ofarim, Hamburg concert, 2001..The couple divorced in Germany in 1970..Esther started her solo career with several albums and concerts. In 1984, she played in Joshua Sobol's play Ghetto, produced by Peter Zadek in Berlin. There she sang some songs, including "Frühling" and "Unter deinen weissen Sternen". Ofarim's songs were featured in the 2004 IsisRaEli Movie, WOW...

Quote:
According to the Book of Judges, the area where Safed is located was assigned to the Tribe of Naphtali.. Legend has it that Safed was founded by a son of Noah after the Great Flood..Safed has been identified with Sepph, a fortified Jewish town in the Upper Galilee mentioned in the writings of the Roman-Jewish historian Josephus (Wars 2:573)..It is mentioned in the Jerusalem Talmud as 1 of 5 elevated spots where fires were lit to announce the New Moon and festivals during the 2nd Temple period..The city appears in Jewish sources in the late Middle Ages.. In the 12th century, Safed was a fortified city in the crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem known as Saphet...Salford lyes at the heart of the City of Salford, a metropolitan borough of Greater Manchester, in North West England. Salford is sited in a meander of the River Irwell, which forms in part its boundary with the city of Manchester to the east. The Salford wards of Broughton and Kersal are on the other side of the River...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salford...ter_Manchester
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=62 Bob, I got a G feeling on this one, all right + I mean, I got a Real G feeling.. I don't think I'm Gonna make it out of here. You understand what I'm saying to you..Why do you snort that shit- So as to escape from reality- Me, I don't need that shit cut with baby phowder etc etc.. Now, I got no fight with any man who does what he's told, but when he don't, the machine breaks down.. And when the machine breaks down, we break down.. And I ain't gonna allow that in any of you.. Not one of Ya... http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1324

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-06-2014 at 02:22 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote