View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #86
lightgiver

Lightbulb Melanie Road

Quote:
Fresh evidence has come to light in the unsolved case of a teenage girl who was stabbed to death and sexually assaulted in Bath almost 30 years ago..

Student Melanie Road was 17 when she was stabbed to death after a night out in June 1984..

An eyewitness has said he saw Miss Road arguing with a man earlier that evening.

Her killer may have been a man who lived either as a student or resident in the city at the time, police said.
Recognised suspect

The information comes from an eyewitness who contacted the police some time after seeing an appeal marking 25 years since Melanie died.

"He recognised that man as someone he'd seen in Bath before," Det Insp Julie Mackay said

"He said he's local, doesn't know his name but he'd definitely seen him in Bath before.

"Maybe he was there as a student, we know that Bath has a very big student community, maybe he was a resident, but certainly in 1984 I think the killer was living in Bath and I think there's a good chance he could still be living there now."

Ms Mackay said the argument was seen at the top of the lane that led up from the Farmhouse pub to the top of St Stephen's Road on the night of her murder.

Her mother, Jean Road, has also written a letter to people in Bath which was printed in a local newspaper..Police say they have a full DNA profile of the Killer/Killers..

They have been working through a database of 12,000 male names who were either witnesses or suspects at the time.

5,500 names have been eliminated from the inquiry and 250 men have been swabbed since March..Police say they have the full DNA profile of Melanie's Killer/Killers..Her body was found on 9 June 1984 in front of some garages nearby..
Waxing Gibbous-Visible: 81% Age: 10 days 8+1+1 =10...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-27699900

Quote:
June — British UNemployment is at a record high of around 3,260,000 - though a higher percentage of the nation's workforce were unemployed during the Great Depression some 50 years ago
3 – Ronald Reagan visits his ancestral home in Ballyporeen, the Republic of Ireland.
5 – The Indian government begins Operation Blue Star, the planned attack on the Golden Temple in Amritsar
Innocent Man Tour- B.JoEl6, 8, 9, London England Wembley Arena
7 — 120 people are arrested when fighting breaks out outside the Houses of Parliament during a mass lobby by striking miners.
8 – A deadly F5 tornado nearly destroys the town of Barneveld, Wisconsin, killing 9 people, injuring nearly 200, and causing over $25,000,000 in damage
9 - "Laserphonic Fantasy" premieres - 116th Belmont: Laffit Pincay Jr aboard Swale wins in 2:27.2 - 54th French Womens Tennis: Martina Navratilova beats C Evert (63 61)- Cyndi Lauper's 1st #1 "Time After Times" - Daft Donald Duck's 50th birthday celebrated at Disneyland -Henry Hingsen of West G sets record for decathlon, 8,798 pts - NASA suffers a launch vehicle failure launching Intelsat 509 - Polygram's Hanover Germany plant produces its 10 millionth CD - Weird Al Yankovic gives a live performance at Starlight Amphitheater
10 - Patty Sheehan wins LPGA McDonald's Kids Golf Classic - US missile shot down an incoming missile in space for 1st time - Zhu Jian Hua of China high jumps a record 7'10" (2.39m)
11 - Funeral for S Nakagawa & burial of half of his ashes
14— The European Parliament Election is held. The Tories lead the way with 45 MEPs, with Labour in second place with 32. The SDP–Liberal Alliance gains 18.5% of the vote but fails to elect a single MEP - Southern Baptist convention decide on no women clergy members
15 — A Miner Picketing a Yorkshire power station is killed by a lorry- "Thicke Of The Night," TV Talk Show last airs in syndication
20 — The biggest exam shake-up in the education system in over 10 years is announced with O-level and CSE exams to be replaced by a new exam, the GCSE. The first GCSE courses will begin in September 1986 and will be completed in the summer of 1988..
22 — The inaugural flight of the first Virgin Atlantic plane takes place.
28 – Richard Ramírez, aka the "Night Stalker," murders his first confirmed victim. — The magazine Tit-Bits closes after 104 years
29 — Control of London Transport is removed from the Greater London Council and transferred to London Regional Transport (reporting to the Secretary of State for Transport) under terms of the London Regional Transport Act
30 - Elton John plays the famous
Night and Day Concert at Wembley Stadium...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge
http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/1984/june
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...133148&page=10 A draghound will follow aniseed from here to John o' Groat's, and our friend, Armstrong, would have to drive through the Cam before he would shake Pompey off his trail..There is no part of the body which varies so much as the human ear.."My mind," he said, "rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world"...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=62

Last edited by lightgiver; 05-06-2014 at 09:00 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote