View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #214
lightgiver

Wink MilLing

Barry McG KO6 Valerio Nati ...

Tiger McGuigan's coming of age battle for the European title from 1983..Finbar Patrick McGuigan MBE (born 28 February 1961), known as Barry McGuigan and nicknamed The Clones Cyclone, is a former Irish and British professional boxer who became a World Boxing Association featherweight champion.. He founded, and is the current President of, the Professional Boxing Association (PBA).. born in Clones, County Monaghan, Ireland. His father was singer Pat McGuigan (died 1987).. He represented Northern Ireland in the Commonwealth Games at Edmonton 1978 and represented Ireland at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow..In 1982, McGuigan won 8 fights, 7 by KO.. One of these, however, almost destroyed his career and his life.. Opposed by Young Ali, on 14 June 1982, McGuigan won by a knockout in 6 rounds; Ali fell into a coma from which he never recovered.. According to the book The Ring: Boxing The 20th Century, this affected McGuigan so much he was not sure he wanted to carry on as a boxer..Later in his career, he went to Las Vegas in June 1986, where he faced the relatively unknown Stevie Cruz from Texas in what proved a gruelling 15-round title bout under a blazing sun. McGuigan held a lead halfway through, but suffered dehydration because of the extreme heat and wilted near the end, being dropped in rounds 10 and 15.. He eventually lost a close decision and his world belt, which he was never to reclaim.. After the fight, McGuigan required hospitalisation because of his dehydrated state..McGuigan is a Garlic surname...

ITV Sport was created as an umbrella brand for sports programmes on ITV Network, No programmes were actually produced by ITV Sport during this time, but rather the 15 ITV companies each produced sport show for the umbrella brand, such as World of Sport by LWT and Thames..I fixed you up a million times.. I fixed him up a million times. I don't know how many times I must have fixed him up with G's..The station produced nearly all of ITV's football coverage during the 1990s - including the FA Cup, UEFA Champions' League, the FIFA World Cup in 1994, 1998 & 2002, UEFA European Championship 1996, 2000 & 2004 and Premier League highlights...
Quote:
First depicted in ancient Egyptian relief from the 2nd millennium BC depicts both fist-fighters and spectators.. Both depictions show bare-fisted contests.. Other depictions in the 2nd millennium BC can be seen in reliefs from the Mesopotamian nations of Assyria and Babylonia, and in Hittite art from Asia Minor.. The earliest evidence for fist fighting with any kind of gloves can be found on Minoan Crete (c. 1500–900 BC), and on Sardinia, if we consider the boxing statues of Prama mountains (c. 2000–1000 BC)..Boxing was originally nothing more than bare fist fighting between 2 willing and sometimes unwilling competitors. As a sport, fighting has been around for thousands of years where it first arose in parts of Africa, including Ancient Egypt before spreading to parts of Southern Europe. The Ancient Greeks believed that fighting was a game played by the Gods on Olympus..Records of Classical boxing activity disappeared after the fall of the Western Roman Empire when the wearing of weapons became common once again and interest in fighting with the fists waned. However, there are detailed records of various fist-fighting sports that were maintained in different cities and provinces of Italy between the 12th and 17th centuries. There was also a sport in ancient Rus called Kulachniy Boy "Fist Fighting"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_Sport
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=30You have to think about one shot.. One shot is what it's all about..I don't think about that much with one shot anymore, Mike..I know that that sounds crazy.. If anything happens Mike, you don't - don't leave me over there. You got, you gotta...Just don't leave me.. You gotta promise me that, Mike..We gotta play with more bullets...That means we gotta play each other...You gotta listen to me..Don't worry, in 5 minutes we're gonna bee...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=649

Last edited by lightgiver; 02-06-2014 at 05:26 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote