View Single Post
Old 30-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #76
lightgiver

Lightbulb LisaH

Sherlock Holmes -The Sign Of 4 + Detectives probing the brutal murder of a schoolgirl more than 25 years ago are swabbing groups of men in her home town, the M.E.N. can reveal...

Lisa Hession was just 14 years old when she was sexually assaulted and strangled to death near her house in Leigh..

No one has ever been charged with her murder but police have not given up the hunt for her cold-hearted killer..

We can reveal today that officers have started swabbing men in Leigh for DNA samples to help with the investigation..

Martin Bottomley, head of Greater Manchester Police’s cold case unit, said: “This is one of the cases we won’t let go of..

We are out in the community swabbing people and this is an on-going process..

“This is an active investigation...

Her family is right behind us and is very supportive..” Lisa was murdered as she walked home from a party in Leigh, near Wigan, on the night of Saturday, December 8, 1984..She was attacked from behind and killed in an alleyway off Rugby Road within 500 yards of her home on Bonnywell Road..Her mum, Christine Hession, searched the streets for her in vain and called the police..Within 15 minutes, officers were at her door – asking her to come to Leigh Infirmary..Christine said: “I had to go there and identify her. “I felt shocked – just devastated..You don’t think this sort of thing is ever going to happen to you.” Christine, speaking from her home 27 years after the horrific murder, said she is still no wiser about who killed her child..But she said: “I think it’s someone who lives in this town and I think someone knows who it is and is shielding them. I don’t know how they could do that.” Christine, 64, added: “I still think about her every day. I don’t cry as much any more and the pain isn’t quite so bad..“The first 5 years were the worst. Every year, it gets a little bit easier. I still miss her. I’ll never forget her.. Other people forget, but you never do”. ..
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rangled-862418
Quote:
Lisa had been to a Christmas party and she had promised to be home at 11 p.m., so dutifully on the stroke of 10.30 she said goodnight to her 16-year-old boy friend and set off on the 2-mile walk alone to Bonnywell Road, in Leigh, Greater Manchester..She never made it. When she didn't arrive by 11.15pm, the police were alerted and at midnight they found her body in an alley in Rugby Road – 200 yards from her home. Her skirt was pushed up against her stomach, her knickers ripped apart down the middle and she had been strangled with her own tee shirt.. Lisa was 5 ft. 4 in. tall and the party clothes she was wearing would have made her look much older than her actual age..In 2005, following an appeal on the BBC's Crimewatch programme police officers received 27 calls, some of them from women concerned about the behaviour of their husbands or boyfriends when Lisa was murdered.. The chances of cracking many such 'cold cases' have been increased following advances in technology, particularly the use of DNA analysis..Anyone with information that can help police find Lisa's killer is asked to contact the incident room on 0161 856 7351 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111..In late 1991, the body of Maria Requena was found by 2 youngsters who had been fishing at Pennington Flash close to Slag Lane, Lowton.. The body of the 26-year-old from Manchester had been cut up with power tools, stuffed into 5 bin bags (one containing Maria's severed head) and thrown into the Flash..Maria was a known prostitute and as such was very vulnerable, women in her position becoming targets for the most sadistic members of society..In the years after Maria's death, Leigh Police trawled through the vice underworld and believed there was a link with the murder of Linda Donaldson from Liverpool. The 31-year-old also worked as a prostitute and her mutilated naked body had been found 2-and-a-half years earlier in a Lowton field, just off the motorway and 3 Miles from Pennington Flash.. But, despite a hunch that they were looking for the same man at the time, the link was never made.In 1999, a man jailed for life for the sadistic murder of a prostitute was quizzed about the Jack the Ripper-style killings of 2 vice girls discovered mutilated close to a local beauty spot.. David Smith, who had a long history of appalling sexual violence, was questioned in prison by detectives probing the unsolved murder of convicted prostitute Maria Christina Requena.. This investigation drew a blank..Deane is an area of Bolton, in Greater Manchester, England.. It is about 2 miles (3.2 km) south west of Bolton and 11 miles (17.7 km) northwest of the city of Manchester..Historically a part of Lancashire, the Parish of Deane was once 1 of 4 parishes within the hundred of Salford and covered roughly half of the present Metropolitan Borough of Bolton.. The church of St Mary on which the parish was centred was in the township of Rumworth..Protestant martyr, George Marsh, a farmer's son, was born in Deane in 1515...It reminds me of a line from "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" the last story I read to my class before..the accident. Ichabod Crane disappears..the line goes: "As he was a bachelor, and in nobody's debt, nobody troubled their head about him anymore"..The possibility of... of altering the outcome of your premonitions.. Let me make a note...The idea of a "magic bullet" was first proposed by Paul Ehrlich, who, at the beginning of the 20th century, postulated that, if a compound could be made that selectively targeted against a disease-causing organism, then a toxin for that organism could be delivered along with the .agent of selectivity...http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...r-lecture.html

Quote:
He and √Člie Metchnikoff received the 1908 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for this work, which led to an effective syphilis treatment by 1910..Monoclonal antibodies are typically made by fusing myeloma cells with the spleen cells from a mouse that has been immunized with the desired antigen. However, recent advances have allowed the use of rabbit B-cells to form a rabbit hybridoma.. Polyethylene glycol is used to fuse adjacent plasma membranes, but the success rate is low so a selective medium in which only fused cells can grow is used. This is possible because myeloma cells have lost the ability to synthesize hypoxanthine-guanine-phosphoribosyl transferase (HGPRT), an enzyme necessary for the salvage synthesis of nucleic acids..Monoclonal antibodies (mAb or moAb) are monospecific antibodies that are the same because they are made by identical immune cells that are all clones of a unique parent cell, in contrast to polyclonal antibodies which are made from several different immune cells. Monoclonal antibodies have monovalent affinity, in that they bind to the same epitope..Given almost any substance, it is possible to produce monoclonal antibodies that specifically bind to that substance; they can then serve to detect or purify that substance. This has become an important tool in biochemistry, molecular biology and medicine. When used as medications, the non-proprietary drug name ends in -mab(see "Nomenclature of monoclonal antibodies")...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoclonal_antibody
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She%27s_So_Unusual
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sign_of_the_Four
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1310Never trust to general impressions, my boy, but concentrate yourself upon details..I know, My ear W, that you share my love of all that is bizarre and outside the conventions and humdrum routine of everyday life..It is quite a 3 pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for 50 minutes...http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...postcount=1338

Last edited by lightgiver; 30-05-2014 at 12:24 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote