View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #44253
trafficker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,589
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default When the Fun Fair come to Town

Paedophiles and Fun Fairs

Fun fairs are a big part of english culture, me myself hated them, I always found them sinister,and scary and a perfect vehicle to procure children, where people are strange(lost boys) here is some examples...

UK Victims snared at funfairs

Paedophile Sidney Cooke set up his own funfair stall at fairgrounds around the country to lure his unsuspecting victims. The 72-year-old, nicknamed Hissing Sid, used a children's Test Your Strength machine to meet his victims and trap them into under-age sex orgies. With his friends Robert Oliver, Lennie Smith and Leslie Bailey, former farm worker Cooke would drug the children before subjecting them to brutal assaults. Habitually dressed in a dirty suit and trilby hat, he was one of a gang in the 1980s suspected of the deaths of up to nine boys.

Operating from a flat on the Kingsmead estate in Hackney, east London, the gang hired underage male prostitutes or snatched children off the streets to torture them sexually, including Jason Swift, a 14-year-old rent boy from Hackney. A group of men each paid £5 to have sex with Jason in the Kingsmead flat. He was later found strangled in a shallow grave on the outskirts of London.

Det Supt Bright of Essex Police described Cooke as "cocky and arrogant" before he eventually confessed to Jason's killing. It was appalling beyond belief," he said. Det Bright described how the gang would stalk boys at fairgrounds as if they were hunting prey. He added: "There are certain cases that you work on during your career that will never leave you. I will never forget Jason."

Cooke was sent to prison for 19 years in 1989 for Jason's manslaughter but managed to get his sentence reduced to 16 years and was released after nine. Bailey named him as one of the killers of Mark Tildesley, seven, who disappeared after visiting a funfair near his home in Wokingham, Berkshire. Police believe he was lured away from the fair by Cooke on the promise of a 50p bag of sweets.

He was then tortured and killed by Cooke's gang in a caravan in almost exactly the same way as Jason. But in 1991 the CPS declined to prosecute Cooke for Mark's death as he was already in prison for killing Jason.

Cooke has indicated that he knows where Mark's body is buried but refuses to tell police or the boy's grieving parents exactly where his grave is.

During his time in Wandsworth Prison in London Cooke was held on a special wing for sex offenders. He became the centre of attention, admired by other paedophiles for the extent of his depravity and the lengths he was prepared to go to ensnare his victims. Detective Constable Tina Birnie said: "He (Cooke) has been put on a pedestal because he killed all of those kids. It was a fantasy to all those paedophiles to go a bit further."

After his release in April last year Cooke lived, at his own request, in a suite of three cells at Yeovil police station in Somerset for his own safety. He was arrested at the police station by detectives investigating allegations of serious sexual offences.

Paedophile Lee Bamford, himself abused as a child, tried to get funfair jobs

A 20-YEAR-OLD paedophile who abused a young boy has been banned from having contact with children after trying to get jobs at two funfairs. Lee Bamford, from South Croydon, has been given a sexual offences prevention order – despite claims it was a breach of his human rights.The sex pest, who was abused as a child at funfairs, was caught trying to gain employment at a fair in Crystal Palace in April and another in Purley in May.

Croydon Magistrates' Court heard on Friday that Bamford, of Normanton Road, had abused a six-year-old boy and still posed a "serious risk" to young children. Gareth Munday, prosecuting, said the defendant had grown up in a difficult family background and was sexually abused eight years ago. He was taken into care and housed with other young victims, but was eventually removed. Mr Munday said: "It appears the problem which had arisen in his early years continued. It was no longer appropriate for him to be in group care."

Bamford was then placed with foster parents but came into contact with a boy who he abused. But the Crown Prosecution Service decided not to take the case to a full trial because of the young ages of Bamford and his victim.Croydon Council secured funding to give the youngster 24-hour care in Liverpool where he remained for four years before returning to Croydon.

He then received support from a care worker who raised concerns about his "inability to cope with his urges". Mr Munday said: "Through his behaviour and determination to attend funfairs, where he was abused when he was young, it will be a spring board to him starting offending again."He's unable, unless forced to do so, to address his problems."

Rad Kohanzad, defending, said he did not contest the application but there were concerns about how long the sexual offences prevention order should be made for. The prosecution argued that it should be indefinite whereas Mr Kohanzad said it should be for five years – the minimum time for such an order. "It's right to say that this order is an infringement on his human rights," he said. "It's still a reduction on his rights and his freedom. "He is only 20 now. Five years is a substantial period of time. It's a quarter of his life so far." But magistrates said the order would last until a further one was made because he had showed reluctance to engage with professionals and seek help for his problem.

Under the terms of the order, he is banned from having contact or communicating with children under 16. He is also prohibited from attending funfairs and seeking or undertaking any employment which brings him into contact with youngsters.Bamford is able to apply to have the order lifted after five years.

Defendant 'was at funfair', Sarah Payne jury told

The man accused of murdering eight-year-old Sarah Payne claimed he was at a funfair on the night she was abducted, a court was told today.
Police officers who visited Roy Whiting's one-bedroom flat in Littlehampton, West Sussex, on July 2 last year, the day after Sarah vanished, asked the defendant where he had been the night before.

Mr Whiting, who denies kidnapping and murdering Sarah, claimed he left his flat at 5.30pm and drove to a funfair in a park in Hove, returning to his home at 9.30pm. Lewes crown court heard from Detective Constable Christopher Saunders who went to Mr Whiting's flat at 7.45pm on July 2 last year. Mr Whiting, 42, was out but when Mr Saunders returned at 9.30pm he telephoned the defendant who answered and allowed the police officer inside. "It was very untidy," Mr Saunders told the court.

Sarah's parents, Sara and Michael, sat at the back of the court today as the jury was told how the officers informed Mr Whiting they were investigating the disappearance of an eight-year-old girl from nearby Kingston Gorse on the previous evening. Mr Whiting was asked about his whereabouts but claimed he had not been in the area on the night of Saturday July 1, or the following day. The court heard notes written by Mr Whiting, which said: "5.30 to 6pm arrived at funfair in park in Hove.

"Block of offices overlooking park. Left 8.30pm, drove on top road A27, through Shoreham, Lancing, Worthing and Arundel. Drove through Lyminster to home. Arrived 9.30pm, had bath, went to bed." Mr Whiting then accounted for his movements on July 2, telling officers: "Got up at 9.30am, stayed in all day, watched motor racing and football. Went out for food at 7.45pm to Oscars Cafe. Got back at 8.45pm. I have been with no one during this period."

Mr Saunders made a note of Mr Whiting's appearance, recording that he was 6ft tall, with short dark hair with a centre parting. He noted that Mr Whiting had a front tooth missing and was a smoker. The prosecution claim Mr Whiting abducted Sarah while she was playing in a cornfield near her grandparents' home, killed her and left her in a shallow grave, where she was discovered 17 days later.



Paedophile back in jail for breach of children ban

A PAEDOPHILE jailed last year after being discovered working at Thorpe Park in breach of two court orders to stay away from children is back behind bars this week after committing a third offence just three days after his release from prison. The National Probation Service said that his return to jail shows that the system governing sex offenders in the community was working. Apart from his stint at the leisure park, persistent sex offender Bruce Hunter, 32, has in the past had a job at a funfair.

This time Hunter — whose criminal record includes the attempted rape of a six-year-old girl — was jailed for 18 months after being spotted throwing a tennis ball with young children. He admitted breaching the sexual offences prevention order in December last year but appeared last week to be sentenced. Ruby Selva, prosecuting, told Guilford Crown Court that the children’s father said Hunter had not been alone with them at any time but played with them during the week. Richard Sharpe, defending, said: “The father said Mr Hunter was throwing the tennis ball around harmlessly.”

But Judge Stuart Sleeman told Hunter it was the second time that within three days of leaving prison he was involved with young children. He said: “The seriousness of this matter is not simply breaking the order that you shouldn’t come into contact with children under 16, but it is the third occasion you have broken it. “The whole purpose of the order is that you don’t have any contact with a child under 16 so there is no possibility of a child being at risk.”

In addition to the 18 months Hunter was jailed for on this occasion, he was ordered to serve first 190 days relating to the earlier offence. However, the 98 days spent on remand for this breach will count towards the sentence. Sentencing Hunter, then of Dene Road, Farnborough, for the theme park breach, Judge John Crocker said: “When you first of all get employment at a funfair then get employment at Thorpe Park I think the reason for the order becomes abundantly clear.

WALES: Child - grooming pervert given life ban from funfairs and having camera

A NOVELTY shop pervert was yesterday given a lifetime funfair ban and barred from using cameras to stop him preying on kids

Last edited by trafficker; 23-01-2013 at 11:59 PM.
trafficker is offline   Reply With Quote