View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #113
lightgiver

Lightbulb Land of Nod

Jackie: Oh I'm sorry. Okay, hold that because I'd like you to repeat it because I really didn't get what you said and I will expand on this after this break. First of all, I just want to do a little recap that the story you're saying the story in the Old Testament of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, is allegory. The two creations is meant, one for the elite, and one for the worker bees, I guess you would call it.

Alan: That's right.

Jackie: And those are the ones that were supposed to go out and till the field and everything.

Alan: Do all the tilling of the soil, yes.

Jackie: And you said that Cain and Abel the whole story is an allegory and that Cain-Abel actually stands for cannibal and the evidence in that story is that they're saying that Abel ate Cain.

Alan: Cain ate Abel. Again, it's to do with what they tell you to please the deity. The sacrifices that Abel gave to the deity were acceptable, but the ones that Cain gave were unacceptable.

Jackie: What did Cain give?

Alan: Cain was a farmer who grew grain and the meaning behind it all was that he had to know basic sciences to fulfill his occupation; whereas Abel was a natural sort of nomad where he went with his animals wherever they grazed, so he lived more naturally. Therefore, it's really a war between the man who lived naturally and the one who had to use science to make his crops grow. Science conquered the natural man is really what they mean here. That's what it means...

A nod of the head is a gesture in which the head is tilted in alternating up and down arcs along the sagittal plane. In many cultures, it is most commonly, but not universally, used to indicate agreement, acceptance, or acknowledgment...Land of Nod is the name of a small hamlet in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England..."to go off to the land of Nod" refers colloquially to falling asleep...A zombie is an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft...The term is often figuratively applied to describe a hypnotized person bereft of consciousness and self-awareness, yet ambulant and able to respond to surrounding stimuli...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=312
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...&postcount=344

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote