View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #221
lightgiver

Lightbulb Louise Eugénie Alexandrine Marie David

Alexandra David-Néel born Louise Eugénie Alexandrine Marie David (born in Saint-Mandé, Val-de-Marne on 24 October 1868, and died in Digne-les-Bains, on 8 September 1969) was a Belgian-French explorer, spiritualist, Buddhist and writer, most known for her visit to Lhasa, Tibet, in 1924, when it was forbidden to foreigners...

"Tomorrow will be like today, and day after tomorrow will be like the day before yesterday," said Apollonius. "I see your remaining days each as a tedious collections of hours. You will not travel anywhere. You will think no new thoughts. You will experience no new passions. Older you will become but not wiser. Stiffer but not more dignified. Childless you are, and childless you shall remain. Of that suppleness you once commanded in your youth, of that strange simplicity which once attracted a men to you, neither endures, nor shall you recapture any of them," the prophet predicted.

When you die, you will be buried and forgotten. And that is all. And for all the good or evil, creation or destruction your living might have accomplished, you might just as well have never lived at all. I am sorry. You see, it is my curse to tell the absolute truth."

"Mirrors are often ugly and mean"

http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=268
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote