David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Survival / Local Economies / Communities (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Why are you prepping? (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=221059)

adam 7 29-08-2012 10:23 AM

Why are you prepping?

Hi People, wondered why people on here are prepping? Guess there are a lot of reasons...

pippin 29-08-2012 10:32 AM

its a 'just in case' thing with me, however the stored food came in handy when my bitch of a boss didnt bother to sign my timesheet and left me without any money this week. :mad:

adam 7 29-08-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pippin (Post 1061017233)
its a 'just in case' thing with me, however the stored food came in handy when my bitch of a boss didnt bother to sign my timesheet and left me without any money this week. :mad:

Sorry to hear that. I think its always good to stash a little bit of cash for a rainy day as well.

pippin 29-08-2012 11:47 AM

if I had any spare cash to stash I probably would, Im trying to raise a deposit to move to a cheaper flat at the moment.

adam 7 29-08-2012 11:58 AM

Prepping requires time and money. Thats why I'm doing it now whilst the times are good. I think the economy may have peaked. I hope I am wrong. But suspect we could all be looking back on this as a fortunate time for many.

stickwhistler 29-08-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pippin (Post 1061017233)

Try 5 weeks locked out of your account!
That's what happened to us when Satander bought our account via
Alliance & Leicester takeover a few years back.
No access: No money : No effin' apology either!
It happened to several thousand accounts overall.
Slight inconvenience to us - catastrophic to others.

Also:

3 days no electric at xmas - log burners lit, solar lights/panels used.
Burst water main 3 days - only family with any water (independent supply).
16 weeks to rebuild collapsed bridge on only road to houses - oh dear!
All in the UK in last 4 years!

So 'just in case' is a valid reason.

pippin 29-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stickwhistler (Post 1061017477)
Try 5 weeks locked out of your account!
That's what happened to us when Satander bought our account via
Alliance & Leicester takeover a few years back.
No access: No money : No effin' apology either!
It happened to several thousand accounts overall.
Slight inconvenience to us - catastrophic to others.

Also:

3 days no electric at xmas - log burners lit, solar lights/panels used.
Burst water main 3 days - only family with any water (independent supply).
16 weeks to rebuild collapsed bridge on only road to houses - oh dear!
All in the UK in last 4 years!

So 'just in case' is a valid reason.

well I hope I never have to go through that! but then it could happen to anyone of us couldnt it? thats awful, I really hope have got things sorted.

I do save as best I can, the main goal is for a deposit on a cheaper flat, but then if any other emergencies crop up, like the one you had well then I'll have to dip into it and start again at a later date.

tom bombadil 29-08-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam 7 (Post 1061017316)
Prepping requires time and money. .....

But suspect we could all be looking back on this as a fortunate time for many.

Time yes, but not always money, well not as much money as one might think.

I know what I am about to say will be hard for some to do but; Things like foraging for foods and collecting from 'free sites' can help in bringing costs down. By collecting things like rosehips for a cough syup, or dandylion leaves for 'greens', then the money saved on those two simple things (and nettles for tea etc etc) can save a few quid a month.

Time, and a friend to help and give you encouragement, are a pre-requisite in prepping.

sorry, by the way pippin, on that shit from the boss.

Tell me. Do you know where she lives? You could pop around and make her late a good few times and get her the sack? Just let her tires down on a constant basis. Works all the time.

:D just kidding...or am I?