David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   The Sports Bar (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Mayweather fighting Connor McGregor circus (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=318071)

greenhulk40 14-07-2017 03:48 PM

Mayweather fighting Connor McGregor circus

This isn't the first time a wrestler has fought a boxer there was Rocky Balboa V Thunderclaps Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper V Mr T only joking now for the serious stuff, i love boxing and i don't mind UFC but the Mayweather V McGregor fight is a farce and a circus, i think its bad for boxing and Mayweather is only doing this for the money i heard he is skint, this fight should never happen it's like having Barcelona football team playing some Rugby team or NFL team in a game of football, Connor McGregor is a character he reminds of a video game character from GTA or Saints Row, all the fight world tour press conference is a huge circus act it's not about sport and i think its gonna damage boxing, off course there will be idiots who pay the large fee to watch this farce on pay per view, Mayweather should have shut up and retired like Ricky Hatton, Money Mayweather the wife beater is a disgrace to boxing and Connor McGregor should stick to fighting in a cage.

tinfoil hat 14-07-2017 04:18 PM

I hope Conner beats him easily.

supertzar 14-07-2017 04:56 PM

I see McTapper getting knocked down again and again until he is unable to answer the bell like Mayweather predicted. Too hard to hit - Conor will gas and be a sitting duck. Could be a tko.

dmckenna 14-07-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertzar (Post 1062943278)
I see McTapper getting knocked down again and again until he is unable to answer the bell like Mayweather predicted. Too hard to hit - Conor will gas and be a sitting duck. Could be a tko.

If this was a legitimate fight then Mayweather beats him whenever he wants.

The problem is, realistically, this fight already has a predetermined outcome. Conor McGregor has become a brand, not to mention the behemoth that is the UFC. As I touched on, if this was legit, Mayweather could bolo punch him, use one arm & clown him so bad that using the excuse "it's not his sport" won't even help compress the damage. Any future mention of Conor McGregor would bring up the image of him being totally schooled by Floyd in the head of the public.

It's most likely they have agreed for Mayweather not to embarrass him too much & it will probably resemble a sparring match.

Talking of the press conferences. I can't believe people can watch that and think it's legit beef. They are both in on the act and are laughing to the bank... Literally. The fact Conor hasn't brought up Floyd's domestic violence history is the smoking gun.

This fight shows the huge chasm between real boxing fans and the casual audience. People genuinely believe McGregor will win. Anyway, bring on September 16th, when the real fight of the decade is taking place.

hokuspokus 14-07-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmckenna (Post 1062943280)

This fight shows the huge chasm between real boxing fans and the casual audience. People genuinely believe McGregor will win. .

Putting all the trash talk and unsavoury personal life to one side then
Floyd will box McGregor ears off.
Connor is a novice who would not beat the Irish champion let alone
the greatest boxing technician ever.
If it were in a cage then that would be a different matter.
But it is boxing and as soon as McGregor opens up Floyd will pick
him off and cut him to ribbons.

As for those who believe Connor will win . Ask them to give you odds.
And watch them run away!.

greenhulk40 14-07-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokuspokus (Post 1062943292)
Putting all the trash talk and unsavoury personal life to one side then
Floyd will box McGregor ears off.
Connor is a novice who would not beat the Irish champion let alone
the greatest boxing technician ever.
If it were in a cage then that would be a different matter.
But it is boxing and as soon as McGregor opens up Floyd will pick
him off and cut him to ribbons.

As for those who believe Connor will win . Ask them to give you odds.
And watch them run away!.

As Teddy Atlas said a journey man would beat McGregor, Amir Khan and Canelo would whip McGregor, the press conferences have become embarrassing and McGregor and Mayweather are playing the crowd, boxing and UFC fans should avoid this farce, when i think of boxing during the Sugar Ray, Tommy Hearns, Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis era 80s 90s there was never this shit .

hokuspokus 14-07-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhulk40 (Post 1062943303)
As Teddy Atlas said a journey man would beat McGregor, Amir Khan and Canelo would whip McGregor, the press conferences have become embarrassing and McGregor and Mayweather are playing the crowd, boxing and UFC fans should avoid this farce, when i think of boxing during the Sugar Ray, Tommy Hearns, Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis era 80s 90s there was never this shit .

Speaking of The hitman Hearns the only chance McGregor has is if he can turn the fight
into a brawl like the Hagler - Tommy Hearns fight. However I just cannot see Mayweather
falling into that trap.

iamawaveofthesea 15-07-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhulk40 (Post 1062943260)
Money Mayweather the wife beater is a disgrace to boxing and Connor McGregor should stick to fighting in a cage.

They're both gonna be able to retire after this purse!

You have to ask why would mayweather come back for this? On the surface he doesn't need it. He's proven everything there is to prove and will go down in history as a boxing legend. He must be coming back because he needs the money to pay for his entourage or something

McGregor has everything to gain in terms of the purse and the publicity but also in his journey as a martial artist it should be a pretty interesting experience to go toe to toe with the best in the business. That said Mayweather is not at his best anymore.

The problem with this set up is that mcgregor is going to have to stop being what it is that makes him a fighter which is someone who is adaptive in his movement. He's going to have to work within the tight movements and patterns of boxing and those are moves that mayweather knows blindfolded.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DVfbTfbHFjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bamboozooka 15-07-2017 07:49 AM

20,000 capacity arena, not exactly wembley stadium now is it. 90,000 aj v klitschko.
mayweather v pacquiao only had 16,000 attendance and that was the biggest anti climax in history of climaxes, all they needed were zimmer frames to hold on to.

hokuspokus 15-07-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea (Post 1062943352)
They're both gonna be able to retire after this purse!

You have to ask why would mayweather come back for this? On the surface he doesn't need it. He's proven everything there is to prove and will go down in history as a boxing legend. He must be coming back because he needs the money to pay for his entourage or something

McGregor has everything to gain in terms of the purse and the publicity but also in his journey as a martial artist it should be a pretty interesting experience to go toe to toe with the best in the business. That said Mayweather is not at his best anymore.

The problem with this set up is that mcgregor is going to have to stop being what it is that makes him a fighter which is someone who is adaptive in his movement. He's going to have to work within the tight movements and patterns of boxing and those are moves that mayweather knows blindfolded.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DVfbTfbHFjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We are comparing a decathlete with a 100 m sprinter.
Daley Thompson at his absolute peak would not get close
to Usain Bolt at 100 m. But would win comfortably at all other
disciplines.

iamawaveofthesea 15-07-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokuspokus (Post 1062943400)
We are comparing a decathlete with a 100 m sprinter.
Daley Thompson at his absolute peak would not get close
to Usain Bolt at 100 m. But would win comfortably at all other
disciplines.

it's true that a multi-discipline mcgregor is going up against the best mono-discipline fighter

if they went at it in the cage or the street then mcgregor would be the favourite, but in the boxing ring mcgregor is hamstrung as a fighter by the 2 dimensionality of boxing

tinfoil hat 15-07-2017 09:45 AM

I bet if Mayweather wins he wont be stepping into the cage for a rematch, the pussy.

Despite his bold claim he owns the octagon. lol.

derekbuttery 15-07-2017 12:53 PM

mayweather to kill the pikey in 8 rounds... the pikey will make michael watson look like a genius!!

observed 15-07-2017 01:02 PM

Meathead v Meathead. Who gives a shit. Don't give these two idiots any sense of importance

derekbuttery 15-07-2017 01:54 PM

quite. but it detracts from trite arguments about cars... ;)

observed 15-07-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbuttery (Post 1062943560)
quite. but it detracts from trite arguments about cars... ;)

If you get ran over by a Mercedes tomorrow, don't question who it was...;)

tinfoil hat 15-07-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by observed (Post 1062943533)
Meathead v Meathead. Who gives a shit. Don't give these two idiots any sense of importance

Why not?

They are both great at what they do.

Not a sports fan?

ronisron 15-07-2017 02:48 PM

I like it. The spectacle of it is great. I would like to show you all this, it's a fight between Gene Lebell and a ranked light heavyweight boxer named Milo Savage. It was supposed to be a sparring session with an amateur but during the course of setting up the fight, along came Savage with the instruction that this was a real fight. Gene was a National, decorated Judo Champion, and Milo Savage was ranked #5 at light heavyweight, with a strong amateur wrestling background. First televised MMA fight, it was 1964.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n9mER2BmNRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obviously somewhat different, as we're talking Marquis of Queensbury rules, 10 oz gloves and what will no doubt be at least a 20 x 20 (maybe 22 x 22) ring. I think a real fight will erupt, and while conventional wisdom says Mayweather will win, easily, it's just not that way. I scored the first Maidana fight a draw, anyone on here who scores fights, do the same and see if you don't wind up with the same result. He took it to, and put it on Floyd for 12 rounds because he was unconventional and a bull.

McGregor isn't looking to box Mayweather, he's looking to land significant strikes..... Let that sink in for a second. He has a much different approach to his offense than a boxer does. Floyd has all the boxing down to a science and is not preparing for anything but doing what he always does. There's a very good possibility that Conor cracks him with something as he starts off the fight showing Floyd "looks" that he is not used to, and McGregor definitely has power. Floyd is also older, slower, and he does have brittle hands. This is not a one sided thing, it's not that simple.

As for location. The US promotions base their success off PPV numbers, not a live gate. 20,000 at the T-Mobile in Vegas paying jacked up prices for everything involved, and the 4-5 mil who will shell out $100 for the TV show is how this will profit everyone involved. Vegas allows fighters to use novocaine to numb sore hands, or knees, etc, prior to the fight, and allows for between round rehydration with electrolytes. Floyd has a bad shoulder and notoriously brittle hands. It IS a testament to how great he was that he never punched with full power in all his fights since Gatti, but was still able to control much bigger guys with "just enough" power and that incredible defense.

But it's a circus and a freakshow. As was suggested, Sept 16th is Canelo vs 666. I mean GGG, my bad. :D It's just too obvious on his logo. He's aligned with the "right" people. As is Conor McGregor.... in case folks didn't notice, this is how he is being welcomed into the "club" of multi million dollar athletes, with what should amount to be 50-100 million. Why go back to the UFC? He may have a couple of high profile boxing matches depending on whether he beats, or has a good strong showing against Floyd. I hope he tries to take Floyd's head off and has some success.

Nothing against Floyd, but go away already. It's done.

hokuspokus 15-07-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinfoil hat (Post 1062943446)
I bet if Mayweather wins he wont be stepping into the cage for a rematch, the pussy.

Despite his bold claim he owns the octagon. lol.

Why should he ?. He is a boxer not a bar room brawler.

tinfoil hat 15-07-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hokuspokus (Post 1062943647)
Why should he ?. He is a boxer not a bar room brawler.

Because in one of the pre fight showdowns he claimed he owns the octagon.

So he should prove that bold claim like his opponent is trying to in an unfamiliar ring.

Otherwise hes just a mouthy pussy.