David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment Industry (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What Media did you last purchase? (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=269904)

Dude111 04-03-2014 07:48 AM

I got 3 records on Monday :)

1) Kansas - Point of Know Return (1977) -- Doesnt sound too good. On the album it says "This album was aphex processed" -- I looked up "Aphex processing" and discovered what it is.... DOESNT MAKE IT SOUND BETTER IN MY OPINION!! (The cassette I have "The best of Kansas" sounds better!!)

I probably wont keep it...... (Its sad,people do stupid things to try and make stuff SOUND BETTER but in reality it makes it worse!!)

I hope they didnt mess up thier 1975 album like this (The one with "CARRY ON WAYWARD SON") Im still trying to find this one!!

2) Heart - Bebe Le Strange (1980)

3) Paul Simons Greatest Hits

I also got a 45!

Steely Dan - Only a fool/Reeling in the years (I have this song on my STEELY DAN 'GREATEST HITS' collection (2 record set))

First time I have heard ONLY A FOOL -- I like it!!

decode reality 04-03-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dude111 (Post 1062014369)
I got 3 records on Monday :)

1) Kansas - Point of Know Return (1977) -- Doesnt sound too good. On the album it says "This album was aphex processed" -- I looked up "Aphex processing" and discovered what it is.... DOESNT MAKE IT SOUND BETTER IN MY OPINION!! (The cassette I have "The best of Kansas" sounds better!!)

I probably wont keep it...... (Its sad,people do stupid things to try and make stuff SOUND BETTER but in reality it makes it worse!!)

I hope they didnt mess up thier 1975 album like this (The one with "CARRY ON WAYWARD SON") Im still trying to find this one!!

2) Heart - Bebe Le Strange (1980)

3) Paul Simons Greatest Hits

I also got a 45!

Steely Dan - Only a fool/Reeling in the years (I have this song on my STEELY DAN 'GREATEST HITS' collection (2 record set))

First time I have heard ONLY A FOOL -- I like it!!

I love Steely Dan. Haitian Divorce is my favourite of theirs but I also love FM, Babylon Sisters. They refused to tour, got the budget for the finest session players and took ages over each album. Can't imagine too many bands in this day and age having that luxury.

My last purchase was probably something Alan Partridge related, surprise surprise. :)

Dude111 05-03-2014 08:50 AM

Yes Steely Dan is awesome!

On Tuesday I got 3 records :)

1) Do it now - A collection of 20 big hits (Beatles,etc)
2) Santana - First and 2nd albums

infinite i 05-03-2014 10:11 AM

Recently splashed out 99 cents on figure app from propellerheads, good price and decent sounds, its a music making app for ipad. Also bought computer music magazine on ipad. $3.99

Dude111 09-03-2014 02:44 PM

I got 4 records on Saturday :)

1) Frank Sinatra - Where are you? (THIS ONE IS IN MONO)
2) Conway Twitty - Hello Darlin'
3) Conway Twitty - you've never been this far
4) A 45: The Beatles - I saw her standing there/I wanna hold your hand (I have these on the album also (Thier first album (The levels are HIGH on the 45 and it sounds awesome!)))

greenhulk40 09-03-2014 06:38 PM

Matt Monroe, Greatest Hits
Queensryche Operation mindcrime 2
W.A.S.P. First Blood
David Coverdale Into the Light
The Cure Mixed Up.

ufochick 09-03-2014 07:22 PM

My only purchases in the last years have been books, hardback books that will last me a lifetime. I re-read my favorites.

I would really love to have most of the music from shinedown but the bucks are just not there.

I have about 500 songs on my computer from when the internet was new and it took 20-30 minutes to download a song LOL, mostly older stuff from the 70's, rock of course.

Dude111 10-03-2014 08:51 PM

I got THE HOWDY DOODY SHOW today @ salvation army :)

There are 4 episodes on this tape! -- When I saw yesterday it was put on the tape in 2000,i didnt wanna get it as I didnt know if they just put the digital master of it on the tape (GARBAGE) and I dont want that,i can see enough of that compromised analog stuff on cable TV or DirecTV,when i get VHS i want the nicest analog quality!!

Today When I was @ salvation army,i figured i would give it a try since It wasnt put on by one of the big companies that might do that... It was put on by NBC HOME VIDEO and its georgeous!

The Original 35mm master WAS USED!!!!!!!! -- IT EVEN HAS THE ORIGINAL NBC TONES @ THE END OF THE SHOW!! (Ya know it goes bong,bong,bong...... While displaying NBC on screen)

I havent ever seen 1 episode of this show before today......I watched 2 so far :)

I also got 2 records...

1) The Cars - Panorama
2) Mahogany Rush IV

nofuture 10-03-2014 09:06 PM

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/738791...6748e692f6.jpg

For Mother's Day:
http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImag..._300x300_1.jpg
Might add a 'bonus disc';)

Dude111 12-03-2014 11:51 PM

I got 4 records today :)

The Doobie Brothers - One Step Closer
Billy Ocean - Suddenly
The Monkees Greatest Hits
The Beatles - 1967 to 1970 (Two record set)

moobs 13-03-2014 12:55 AM

I bought Dark Souls II for the 360. I haven't played much of it, but it's good so far.

Dude111 14-03-2014 01:20 AM

I got 2 records today :)

1) Queen - A night at the Opera
2) The Doobie Brothers - What were once vices are now habits

bargain84 14-03-2014 04:50 PM

I bought the Vangelis Blade Runner Soundtrack(Audio Fidelity Red vinyl pressing). It sounds excellent:).

bargain84 14-03-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dude111 (Post 1062026468)
I got 2 records today :)

1) Queen - A night at the Opera
2) The Doobie Brothers - What were once vices are now habits

I have a UK first pressing of 'Queens A Night at the Opera', it sounds excellent. I've got a couple Dobbie Brothers as well, 'Stampede' and 'Toulouse Street' again both sound excellent, good arrangements on those albums.

Long live the vinyl!:D

Dude111 15-03-2014 02:43 AM

I got 1 record today -- Cactus (1st album) - 1970

dystopian_future 15-03-2014 03:00 AM

Actually a surprisingly hard question. I genuinely don't know. Haven't bought a paper since last time I'd have been on a train which is years now. Haven't bought an album since.... White Stripes I guess (2003-ish?). Last picture seen at cinema....Despicable Me 2 with niece...before that Tropic Thunder...few years back. Do video/DVD rental shops still exist? I feel old having to even ask! :)

What other media is there? I get the odd book here and there but I don't really buy them. Most are gifts at birthdays and Xmas. Bar that, me and my mate just seem to be gradually swapping our entire libraries over the last decade (and me and my sister as well actually). I don't even remember whose is whose any more.

Dude111 16-03-2014 05:48 AM

Well technically alot!!

Books
VHS
VideoDisc
LaserDisc
8 track tape
Betamax
cassettes
and much more :)

Dude111 20-03-2014 02:04 AM

I got 5 records today :)

1) Meatloaf - Bat out of hell
2) Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John (This one is in Mono)
3) Van Halen - 1984
4) Foreigner - No name
5) Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery

Dude111 23-03-2014 12:05 AM

I got a cassette today :)

Neil Diamonds Greatest Hits - VOL II

And I got a movie (JUST FOR WATCHING ONCE THEN ILL BRING IT BACK)

Defcon 4 (1985)

I wasnt gonna get this @ first the other day as on the box it says "Recorded in Quality Extended Play" and that means SLP and the quality is usually crap!!

But Today I got it and when i put it in my VCR went to SP mode and I was happy!! (They must have @ 1 time recorded that movie in SLP but realised how bad it was and then did them in SP and just didnt change the box (Same thing I saw with FRIDAY THE 13th -- On that box it said EP/SLP but when I put it in,VERY HAPPY TO SEE IT WAS IN SP!! (Figured it was seeing the amount of tape on the spool (For both))))

I just cant figure out why these companies ever started putting movies IN ANYTHING BUT SP MODE!! (They arent saving anything if people dont like it!!)

Dude111 03-04-2014 07:28 PM

I got the movie "Killing Streets" today (1991) on VHS :)