David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   David Icke's books (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What do you like about Dave's Books? (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=308294)

fudgetusk 07-06-2016 09:40 AM

What do you like about Dave's Books?
 
I like the spiritual aspects of his work. The political stuff is not much use to me as I cannot commit to memory most of it. I get the basic message that politicians are not to be trusted.

jake_ball 07-06-2016 09:43 AM

I just use David Icke's books are a reference now and again.

cosmic tramp 07-06-2016 10:59 AM

Very engaging, very thorough, insightful, inspiring, superbly illustrated and at times, entertaining. However, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, he is inclined to "go on" a bit when the same ideas and concepts could be explored and conveyed using about a third of the paper he does in his very thick books.

It's a painful task for any writer to have to constantly pare and prune down, so not a word is wasted, but I think David needs to learn this. Personally, as a bookworm, I can spend all day with a David Icke book, but I know not everybody's like me. He's getting better at it I've noticed, but I think also he would reach a much wider audience with his work of he did aim at brevity in his writing. Sorry if this sounds like a school report, just my opinion.

Maybe the possibility of introducing a beginner's pocket Icke series almost in a Rough Guide format, using the key texts as further reading reference points, for those, who, waking as they may be, simply aren't sufficiently literate to wade through 500-600 pages. Just an idea. Unfortunately, we live in the age of immediacy : the snappy slogan and slick soundbyte ( all those things David is against) but in order to mass communicate you may need to crack a few soundbyte eggs to make a waking omelette. Charles Dickens was probably as big a rebel and equally as popular as David Icke is for his time (Dickens also did sell-out live gigs), yet his verbose style with one single sentence often spanning two pages, written in an era pre-TV, pre-radio, pre-internet when people had time to savour a book cover to cover, now render his texts inaccessible for many in the age in which we now live.

This might sound totally off-the-wall but I wonder if David has ever considered how he might write kids' books - purely as a test of writer's self discipline, conveying those same waking ideas to the mind span of 7 year old - could be interestingly written and illustrated.
Poet Ted Hughes did something very similar, making very intense and complex existence and nature themes accessible to a younger readership in his children's books, alongside his adult poetry. Just an idea.

ramirez 07-06-2016 12:38 PM

Because they serve up the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, sure there are plenty of theories, but they are always stated as just that with the truths been unequivocally provable!

No turning tail and running away because said truths may be highly uncomfortable, which is of course the crux of the problem we face.

It is also kind of neat how someone who left school ASAP can go on to be a prolific author and one of our brightest minds.

In yo face education system, in yo face !

pyrrhonist 07-06-2016 03:01 PM

Personally it's the historical aspects I like the most. Especially the stories about how this or that came to be. The politics I'm not too fussed about because all politics is lies.

ringy 07-06-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic tramp (Post 1062738697)
Very engaging, very thorough, insightful, inspiring, superbly illustrated and at times, entertaining. However, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, he is inclined to "go on" a bit when the same ideas and concepts could be explored and conveyed using about a third of the paper he does in his very thick books.

It's a painful task for any writer to have to constantly pare and prune down, so not a word is wasted, but I think David needs to learn this. Personally, as a bookworm, I can spend all day with a David Icke book, but I know not everybody's like me. He's getting better at it I've noticed, but I think also he would reach a much wider audience with his work of he did aim at brevity in his writing. Sorry if this sounds like a school report, just my opinion.

Maybe the possibility of introducing a beginner's pocket Icke series almost in a Rough Guide format, using the key texts as further reading reference points, for those, who, waking as they may be, simply aren't sufficiently literate to wade through 500-600 pages. Just an idea. Unfortunately, we live in the age of immediacy : the snappy slogan and slick soundbyte ( all those things David is against) but in order to mass communicate you may need to crack a few soundbyte eggs to make a waking omelette. Charles Dickens was probably as big a rebel and equally as popular as David Icke is for his time (Dickens also did sell-out live gigs), yet his verbose style with one single sentence often spanning two pages, written in an era pre-TV, pre-radio, pre-internet when people had time to savour a book cover to cover, now render his texts inaccessible for many in the age in which we now live.

This might sound totally off-the-wall but I wonder if David has ever considered how he might write kids' books - purely as a test of writer's self discipline, conveying those same waking ideas to the mind span of 7 year old - could be interestingly written and illustrated.
Poet Ted Hughes did something very similar, making very intense and complex existence and nature themes accessible to a younger readership in his children's books, alongside his adult poetry. Just an idea.

https://www.davidickestore.com/en-gb...-for-children/

There are already a few books for children in the store. :Luv Heart:

:peace:

eelkat 08-06-2016 04:24 AM

His political stuff confuses me. I'm no so sure of his spiritual ideas . I like his information on the history of Reptilians(though I'm not sure I agree with his conclusions or not).

tommorgan 12-08-2016 03:39 AM

Consciously, I read for the information; spirituality was never a conscious motivation of mine for investigating Icke's bizarre perspective. For me, intellectually, David Icke offers the excitement of a love affair which I do not get in my marriage (scientific scepticism).

IAwake 12-08-2016 10:25 AM

I feel quite strongly that they're sides of the same coin. There is no way we can fully grasp one without the other. This, I think, is David Icke's point.

The spiritual is the root cause, and the political is symptomatic.

the tealady 12-08-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAwake (Post 1062778251)
I feel quite strongly that they're sides of the same coin. There is no way we can fully grasp one without the other. This, I think, is David Icke's point.

The spiritual is the root cause, and the political is symptomatic.

And he is able to communicate all that cogently in a way that is easy to understand, especially for a beginner. Mind-blowing possibly but comprehensible. :)

paddy_blake 12-08-2016 12:19 PM

The political stuff is the necessary information to kick off the spiritual part. It's no different to believing in religion which keeps your mind in a prison, because politics is modern religion.

cosmic tramp 12-08-2016 12:25 PM

He may well be the first ever writer ever to conjoin the two - politics and spirituality. I've read a few political texts (including Mein Kampf) and they are invariably dull.

derekbuttery 12-08-2016 05:00 PM

TBH neither interest me. It's the fact that he's (seems) to be so open and positive about his work, the fact that he just says "here it is, do with it as you will" and to this point I have tried to disprove some of the most 'outrageous' points he has made only for them to be confirmed later by mainstream science (boo!) and stronger, independent researcher than me!!

I love his talks and videos, the passion hasn't waned one iota...

cosmic tramp 12-08-2016 05:24 PM

He also has a gift to keep you page turning too, I have had some VERY late nights thanks to David Icke. i.e. 3am-4am. Ta. David.

derekbuttery 12-08-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic tramp (Post 1062778441)
He also has a gift to keep you page turning too, I have had some VERY late nights thanks to David Icke. i.e. 3am-4am. Ta. David.

HaHa!! yeah, the "just one more chapter" brigade...

Rogue 12-08-2016 05:53 PM

Easy to read.

cosmic tramp 12-08-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbuttery (Post 1062778455)
HaHa!! yeah, the "just one more chapter" brigade...

That's me ! Except in one case, I'd actually finished the book entirely and so started on the next one !

machineelf 12-08-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringy (Post 1062738776)
https://www.davidickestore.com/en-gb...-for-children/

There are already a few books for children in the store. :Luv Heart:

:peace:

Why am I only hearing this now??? Are they new? Just checked, no, they are not new, from 2011. I've seen children's books on the official story of 9/11 which makes my stomach churn, so I am elated to see these other books.

I believe the reason Icke "goes on a bit" when talking about certain things is because there are some hard nuts to crack out there, so an almost overload of detail needs to be written to get through to some people. The detail removes doubt.

I enjoy all that detail, I get a laugh out much of it, the way he grinds 'them' into the ground is funny.
Its all so damming. 'They' are the dammed, that which stops the water flowing. (just noticed that analogy so had to type it)

I was never much of a 'reader' but I can get engrossed in Ickes books. The 'nature of reality' and also the 'demon' and 'reptilian' side of it I find the most interesting.

p.s. I began to (over) use the 'inverted commas' since reading Ickes work. I like his writing style.

tommorgan 13-08-2016 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 1062778469)
Easy to read.

I find it compelling reading but not easy. There are a whole lot of names to memorise, people I have never heard of. Remembering who everyone is and who they are connected with is vexing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by machineelf (Post 1062778618)
The 'nature of reality' and also the 'demon' and 'reptilian' side of it I find the most interesting.

You might enjoy the interview with Melina Oliver-Powell in the Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAwake (Post 1062778251)
I feel quite strongly that they're sides of the same coin. There is no way we can fully grasp one without the other. This, I think, is David Icke's point.

The spiritual is the root cause, and the political is symptomatic.

David writes in a way no other author I know of does. To make sense of him you need to understand his books are written in the context of metaphysical multidimensionality. In my opinion this is why people dismiss him as a nutter when in fact he is ahead of the times.

raburgeson 13-08-2016 02:48 PM

I like the gloves off approach and his not being afraid of peer pressure to get the word out. I salute Dave and the way he uses the freedom of speech.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:14 AM.