David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Earth Changes / Global Warming / Chemtrails / Weather Warfare (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   This video explains we ARE moving into an ice-age (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=148661)

jesuitsdidit 05-01-2011 05:42 PM

latest updates

http://www.iceagenow.com/

Snow closes I-5 in So. California for nearly 24 hours - 4 Jan 10
Coldest December EVER In South Florida - 1 Jan 11
Snow in Phoenix - 30 Dec 10
Heaviest Dec snow in NYC in 6 decades – 28 Dec 10
California snowpack almost double normal - 29 Dec 10
See Record low temperatures in the United States

Worst of winter not over yet - Includes video
4 Jan 10 - From the Pacific Northwest to the Great Lakes and farther south to about I-80 across the Plains. Also New England.
See Worst of winter not over yet

U.S. in the freezer through Mid-January - Includes video
3 Jan 11 - Rounds of bitterly cold air through next week from coast to coast. See U.S. in the freezer through Mid-January

Little Ice Age? - NASA Satellite Reveals Snow-Covered Ireland
4 Jan 11 - The winter of 2009/10, known as "The Big Freeze, was unusually cold and snowy, bringing widespread transportation problems, school closings, power failures and 25 deaths.

With 20 deaths as of Dec 23rd, this winter threatens to be just as challenging.
See Little Ice Age? NASA Satellite Sees Snow-Covered Ireland

Carolina Bays - Reader thinks lightning created them
4 Jan 10 - Reference your discussion on Carolina Bays. I think you're are on the right track with your "explosions in the sky". However it is lightning that created the bays; also observed in Australia.

jesuitsdidit 06-01-2011 08:47 PM

latest updates

Almost 40 earthquakes around Iceland volcanoes
6 Jan 11- See
Almost 40 earthquakes around Iceland Volcanoes

Record cold kills 2 million fish in Maryland
5 Jan 11 - Record lows reported at 13 locations on the bay.
See Record cold kills 2 million fish in Maryland

cartoon - COOLING IS THE NEW WARMING
This is in case you didn't get the latest dispatch from East Anglia and Penn State - Thanks to Alan Caruba

Deadly cold wave in Northern India
3 Jan 11 - Dozens of people have died in a cold wave sweeping through northern India.
See Deadly cold wave in Northern India

2,522 Snowfall Records - US December 2010
New Records: 2,223 + Tied: 299 = Total: 2,522

jesuitsdidit 07-01-2011 09:26 PM

latest updates

Up to 16 inches of snow for New York - 7 Jan 10

Frost earthquakes near Iceland volcanoes
7 Jan 11 - Frost earthquakes? I had never heard of frost earthquakes until two different readers suggested that I stop worrying about the 40 earthquakes in Iceland.
See Frost earthquakes near Iceland volcanoes

Shifting magnetic north pole closes Tampa runway
7 Jan 11 - The Earth's magnetic pole has been moving nearly 40 miles a year toward Russia. As a result, Tampa Intl Airport has closed its primary runway in order to change taxiway signage.
See Shifting magnetic north pole closes Tampa runway

jesuitsdidit 12-01-2011 04:14 PM

Blizzard Warnings - Massachusetts
11 Jan 10 - 12 to16 inches of snow. Snowfall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour possible.
See Blizzard Warnings - Massachusetts

Krakatau erupting! Thousands evacuated!
11 Jan 11 - Eruptions from Krakatau volcano, Indonesia have forced the evacuation of tens of thousands residents."
See Krakatau erupting! Thousands evacuated!

Could Krakatoa drive us into an ice age?
11 Jan 11 - With an explosive force 13,000 times the power of the atomic bomb that annihilated Hiroshima, the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa killed more than 36,000 people and radically altered global weather and temperatures for years.
See Could Krakatoa drive us into an ice age?

Brisbane dam is full - Can no longer protect 1.7M. people
11 Jan 11 - Thousands of people evacuated as floodwaters threaten Australia's third biggest city.
See Brisbane dam is full

If you have time, wish Lou a happy birthday
11 Jan 11- My friend Lou Guzzo turned 92 today, and he's still chugging along, posting on his website every day. (He also posts about my books, which I rather appreciate.)
See Wish Lou a happy birthday

12 inches of rain in Brisbane since yesterday - Video
11 Jan 11 - Australia flood not expected to peak until Thursday.

Another major snowstorm to hit Northeast tonight
10 Jan 11 - The winter storm that hit the Southeast a vengeance now headed for the Northeast.
See Another major snowstorm to hit Northeast tonight

Australia floods: 8 Dead, scores missing - Amazing video
11 Jan 2011 - May be the worst floods to ever hit Australia. Fatalities expected to rise dramatically.
Thanks to Stephanie Relfe for this link

32 Brisbane suburbs to be flooded Wednesday
10 Jan 11 - BRISBANE City Council has issued a list of suburbs expected to experience flooding on Wednesday.

Horrific Australia Flooding - Video - 10 Jan 11
Qld floods worsen: Premier calls it an inland tsunami
Thanks to Stephanie Relfe for this link

Video - Cars washed away in floods
10 Jan 11 - Film clip shows the staggering force of a wall of water ripping through Toowoomba earlier today.
See Video - Cars washed away in floods

Glaciers growing in Spain (Pyrinees)
10 Jan 10 - For the first time in 10 years, el glaciar del Infierno (the glacier of Hell) in the Tena Valley has advanced. The mainstream media seems to have missed this. An honest mistake, I'm sure.
See Glaciers growing in Spain (Pyrinees)

Russian ships still trapped in thick ice
9 Jan 11 - Things are becoming serious, says Russian Ministry of Transport. (Whatever happened to the dreaded ice-free Arctic?)
See Russian ships still trapped in thick ice

Major Winter Storm for Southern U.S. - 8 Jan 11
Up to 16 inches of snow for New York - 7 Jan 10

Brisbane threatened by 2-inch-an-hour rain - 9 Jan 10
India - Bitter cold kills more than 200 - 9 Jan 10
Australia Flood of Biblical Proportions - Video - 8 Jan 11
Deadly cold wave in Northern India - 3 Jan 11
UK Winter may be Coldest in 1000 Years - 30 Dec 10

jesuitsdidit 13-01-2011 06:14 PM

Etna (Sicily) erupting! 12 Jan 11 - Just received this message from Giovanni Villino in Italy. One of the more "spectacular" eruptions in recent years, says Villino. See
Etna (Sicily) erupting!

George Noory will be interviewing me tonight
on Coast-to-Coast AM
Please join us at 10:00 pm Pacific time: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

100-year flood (or more) swamps Australia's 3rd biggest city
12 Jan 11 - Two feet (60 cm) of rain in 3 days, more than twice that of 1974, inundates tens of thousands of homes and businesses.
See 100-year flood (or more) swamps Australia's 3rd biggest city

The Goreacle is Missing in Action
Has anyone seen this man?

2-3" snow/hr for Boston, Providence, Portland - Severe blizzard hammering New England - 12 Jan 11
Record low temperatures in the US

12 Jan 11 - Twelve to 20 inches of snow may fall on Boston and parts of New England before day's end, forecasters said. See Blizzard pounds Boston - Dumps 9 inches of snow on NYC

jesuitsdidit 15-01-2011 09:54 PM

Record snowfall in 27 states - 10 Jan 2011 - 342 new records

7,000 buffaloes and cows freeze to death in Vietnam
Worse cold front on the way
15 Jan 11 - Record low temperatures have frozen more than 7,000 buffaloes and cows to death in northern mountainous provinces.
See 7,000 buffaloes and cows freeze to death in Vietnam

Worst natural disaster of Brazil´s HISTORY!
520 dead - Thousands trapped - Mudslides 16 feet deep
14 Jan 11- Email from reader in Brazil. 7 cities destroyed. No phone lines, no water, no electricity, no basic services, more than 5000 homeless, thousands disappeared, people are without food and drink water. Cities isolated.
See Worst natural disaster of Brazil´s HISTORY!

Mount Etna - Spectacular photos and video
12 Jan 11 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-fashion.html
Thanks to Benjamin Napier for this link

Green technology fails when needed the most - Solar panels powering Krakatau monitoring instruments covered with ash
11 Jan 11 - Officials lacked vital information in deciding to evacuate tens of thousands near Mount Anak Krakatau. Reminds me of the UK wind turbines that refuse to work in the cold.
See Green technology fails when needed the most

Snow in 49 States - All but Florida
12 Jan 11 - According to the National Weather Service, 49 out of 50 U.S. states - including Hawaii - now have snow on the ground. See Snow in 49 States - All but Florida

conformtonothing 16-01-2011 07:44 AM

My hometown of Toowoomba, in Queensland, Australia, recently had an 'inland tsunami' hit. It caused much devastation and it's really thrown alot of people out of their 'comfort zone.' I think this is a good thing in a sense that it's bringing communities together, and helping people realise there's more to life than the material things :)

The Polar Shift is happening and the sun's going a bit wild at the moment too. I'm too doing all I can to make people aware of this 'natural change.' I know that in the near future, or right now in places, 'climate change' is being blamed for all this sudden change. We need to counter this as best we can.

Good on you for taking all this information in and posting it up for others to look at. Keep up the good work my friend :) There is surely big change happening on earth atm.

edit: This is not to say I don't beleive they're making use of HAARP to worsen these natural disasters in places. I've been observing Radar Imagary here, and somethings not right.

jesuitsdidit 18-01-2011 03:54 PM

Cold kills 9,248 head of cattle in Vietnam
17 Jan 11 - Vietnam's Veterinary Department of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) announced huge losses in cattle caused by the cold in recent days.
See Cold kills 9,248 head of cattle in Vietnam

Not by Fire but by Ice "a fantastic book" says geologist
17 Jan 11 - "I have to say that Not by Fire was a fantastic book, easy to read, fast moving, and well footnoted," says geologist.
See Not by Fire but by Ice a fantastic book

Eight new record lows in Florida (Seven in the teens)
17 Jan 11 - "When you get lows in the teens anywhere in Florida, it makes it pretty clear that land areas are getting colder, especially following the coldest EVER December for South and East Florida !"
See Eight new record lows in Florida (7 in the teens)

Record snowfall in 28 states - 12 Jan 2011 - 219 New records

pic 3 pigs
Federal grifters with their snouts in the climate-change trough

The Great 'Climate Change' Taxpayer Rip-Off of 2011

By Alan Caruba
15 Jan 11 - Let me share just a few of the ways the Obama administration intends to squander your money...
See The Great 'Climate Change' Taxpayer Rip-Off of 2011

Record snowfall in 25 states - 11 Jan 11 -337 new records
36 of the records set more than 100 years ago

jesuitsdidit 21-01-2011 03:44 PM

Ice Age in Southern Brazil
20 Jan 11 - Reader in southern Brazil says the term "ice age" is now often used to describe "the abnormal cold that we started to witness."
See Ice Age in Southern Brazil

Magnetic reversal may be in progress - BGS
17 Jan 11 - According to the British Geological Survey (BGS, we could now be headed into a magnetic reversal, thus validating the premise of Not by Fire but by Ice and Magnetic reversals and Evolutionary Leaps.
See Magnetic reversal may be in progress - BGS

Arctic Cold Front to dump 3-6" snow on Central Plains,
then the Ohio Valley, then the Northeast
Thanks to Tom McHart for this link

Snow and Cold Hit Southern China hard - 19 Jan 11
Coldest EVER in Italy: -48.3 degrees - 19 Jan 11
Record snowfall in Grande Prairie, Alberta - 18 Jan 11
Record snowfall in Regina, Saskatchewan - 18 Jan 11
Worst natural disaster of Brazil´s HISTORY! - 14 Jan 11
India - Bitter cold kills more than 200 - 9 Jan 10
See What's Happening in Other Parts of the World

Three volcanoes in the Philippines acting up
16 Jan 11 - The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said signs of unrest were detected in Mayon, Taal, and Bulusan volcanoes.
See Three volcanoes in the Philippines acting up

Deadly extreme cold - Snow worst in decades in northwest China - 100,000 homes flattened or damaged
17 Jan 11 - Half a million snowed under. Livestock raising hit hard. Both wild animals and livestock unable to find food.
See Deadly extreme cold - Snow worst in decades in NW China

Severe winter in Mongolia - 800,000 animals lost
17 Jan 11 - Most severe winter in three decades. Most rural provinces covered by up to 20 inches (50 cm) of snow.
See Severe winter in Mongolia - 800,000 animals lost

jesuitsdidit 23-01-2011 08:37 PM

This is bullsh--t, says astrophysicist - Warm weather NOT causing cold - Short video
21 Jan 11- "The idea that warming can somehow cause cooling is fiction and lies created by the global warming lobby." -Piers Corbyn
See This is bullsh--t, says astrophysicist

The claim that 2010 is '2nd warmest year on record' is delusional, irrelevant & disingenuous," says Piers Corbyn
21 Jan 11 - "Warmist (warm is cold) explanations for extreme events are as useless as saying "Wet days cause rain”.
See Claim that 2010 is 2nd warmest year on record is delusional, irrelevant & disingenuous

Piers Corbyn warns of more extreme events USA, Australia and Europe at end of month
21 Jan 11 - This will probably be the most exciting weather year around the world for a century.
See Piers Corbyn warns of more extreme events USA, Australia and Europe at end of month

Bastardi - Temps falling even faster than I thought - Video
21 Jan 11 - Great video from meteorologist Joe Bastardi. "If this trend continues," says Bastardi, "we'd better sit up and take notice!"
See Bastardi - Temps falling even faster than I thought

Reader doesn't believe article on cattle freezing in Vietnam
21 Jan 11 - "I have a degree in Animal Husbandry and can tell cattle simply don't freeze at anything like the temperatures they quoted."
Several readers have commented on this.
See Reader doesn't believe-cattle freezing in Vietnam

Yellowstone rises 10 inches in 6 years - See video
19 Jan 11- Yellowstone supervolcano just took a deep "breath," causing miles of ground to rise dramatically. Supposedly nothing to worry about.
See Yellowstone rises ten inches in six years

love_and_peace 24-01-2011 12:05 AM

Earth changes /and the 10th planet - what is coming....
Steve Quayle

Date: 01-14-11
http://soundwaves2000.com/survive2thrive/

(or direct link MP3) :
http://survive2thrive.gsradio.net:8080/011411.mp3

I would recommend ppl may want to listen to that broadcast.

cathar 24-01-2011 02:33 AM

In 1989 a vid came out called How to Stop the Coming Ice Age......it went into detail

about how one was definatly in the cards.....

In Jim Keith's book Casebook on Alternative Three..it says leaked CIA docs say the CIA is expecting an Ice Age...i think this book came out around 1993....

jesuitsdidit 25-01-2011 02:50 PM

^
fyi

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesuitsdidit (Post 1059499209)
charts/links not included contains links

http://www.daviesand.com/Choices/Pre...ning/New_Data/

New Antarctic Ice Core Data

Climate Change: New Antarctic Ice Core Data
The information in this web page was researched on Earth Day, 2000.
This page was last updated on May 30, 2000.

In June of 1999 the latest ice core data from the Vostok site in Antarctica were published by Petit et al in the British journal Nature. These new data extended the historical record of temperature variations and atmospheric concentrations of CO2, methane and other greenhouse trace gases (GTG) back to 420,000 years before present (BP). The ice cores were drilled to over 3,600 meters. This is just over 2.2 miles deep. These new data double the length of the historical record.

The main significance of the new data lies in the high correlation between GTG concentrations and temperature variations over 420,000 years and through four glacial cycles. However, because of the difficulty in precisely dating the air and water (ice) samples, it is still unknown whether GTG concentration increases precede and cause temperature increases, or vice versa--or whether they increase synchronously. It's also unknown how much of the historical temperature changes have been due to GTGs, and how much has been due to orbital forcing, ie, increases in solar radiation, or perhaps long-term shifts in ocean circulation.

Whether the ultimate cause of temperature increase is excess CO2, or a different orbit, or some other factor probably doesn't matter much. It could have been one or the other, or different combinations of factors at different times in the past. The effect is still the same. Nevertheless, the scientific consensus is that GTGs account for at least half of temperature increases, and that they strongly amplify the effects of small increases in solar radiation due to orbital forcing.

The graph below includes data from the Nature paper, plus data from other studies referenced below. Notice how CO2 concentration rises vertically at the end of the time series. The increase appears vertical because of the large time scale, but it actually occurs over the past 150 years, which corresponds to the age of fossil fuels (the modern industrial age). Notice too that there hasn't been a corresponding increase in temperature during this time period. This is probably due to the ability of the oceans to function as a heat sink, and thereby delay the increase in atmospheric temperatures. However, there are recent indications that the oceans are now warming, which will reduce their ability to act as a heat sink.

chart aicd1

Note on graph presentation: The heavier temperature lines 160,000 BP to present reflect more data points for this time period, not necessarily greater temperature variability.

Other interesting patterns in the data include the extreme increases and decreases in temperature preceding and following the interglacial phases (the five high temperature phases in the graph). Some possible reasons for this pattern are explained in the research papers referenced below. In particular, positive feedback mechanisms are instrumental in rapid temperature increases. In any case, the current interglacial period is the longest on record. The current interglacial is also unique in that maximum temperatures have not increased above +2C relative to the mid-20th century benchmark (0C) for very long. It would appear that the +2C threshhold must be exceeded for some period of time to initiate a new glacial phase. Or perhaps the threshold is +1C, but for a longer period of time. The present mean temperature is about +.8C. Recent peak temperatures have been in the +1.4C to +1.6C range. See the Data 4 graph on the next page.

Paleoclimatologists theorize that interglacial periods come to an end when polar ice caps melt rapidly (due to high atmospheric temperatures) and increase the amount of fresh water in the sub-polar oceans, thereby altering the thermohaline circulation patterns which govern global climate. The thermohaline "conveyor belts" essentially shut down and stop moving warm water and air away from the equator toward the poles. The net result is colder water and air temperatures. These colder temperatures deepen and continue despite high GTG concentrations left over from the previous interglacial phases.

Given all the new ice core data, what changes can we anticipate for our climate? If CO2 has increased over the past 150 years as much as it normally increases over thousands of years leading up to an interglacial phase (about 80 ppmv), then we could expect as much as a corresponding 10-12C increase in temperature. But if half the historical temperature increases have been due to orbital forcing and other factors, then we should expect an increase of "only" about 5-6C, or 9-11F.

Most computer models don't predict either of these magnitudes of temperature change for the new century. They typically cite evidence indicating that overall global temperatures have not changed as much as polar temperatures, where the ice cores were taken, and that increases of only 2-3C should be anticipated. Unfortunately, new evidence from high-elevation tropical ice cores indicates that this is not really the case. The latest data show that the amplitude of sub-polar temperature changes has been in the range of 8-12C, which is not all that different from the 10-12C found at the poles.

Thus we seem to be headed for some very large climate changes. Temperatures could increase rapidly, and then decrease just as rapidly--as they have repeatedly over the past 420,000 years. Another possibility is that there will be so much GTGs in the atmosphere that they will actually override historical patterns of thermohaline circulation and climate change. It's noteworthy in this context that the current atmospheric methane level is about 230% of its pre-industrial maximum (contrasted with CO2 being about 130% of its pre-industrial maximum). For closer looks at the ice core data for the 18,000 year, 200 year, and 50 year time frames, go to the next page.

REFEERENCES

Graph Data

1) Historical carbon dioxide record from the Vostok ice core: Graphics & Digital Data
Period of Record: 414,085-2,342 years BP
J.M. Barnola, D. Raynaud, C. Lorius, Laboratoire de Glaciologie et de Géophysique de l'Environnement, CNRS, BP96, 38402 Saint Martin d'Heres Cedex, France
N.I. Barkov, Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, Beringa Street 38, 199397, St. Petersburg, Russia http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/trends/co2/vostok.htm

2) Historical Isotopic Temperature Record from the Vostok Ice Core: Graphics & Digital Data
Period of Record: 420,000 years BP-present
J.R. Petit, D. Raynaud, and C. Lorius: Laboratoire de Glaciogie et Géophysique de l'Environnement, CNRS, Saint Martin d'Hères Cedex, France
J. Jouzel and G. Delaygue: Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE), CEA/CNRS, L'Orme des Merisiers, CEA Saclay, 91191, Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
N.I. Barkov: Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, Beringa Street 38, 199397 St. Petersburg, Russia
V.M. Kotlyakov: Institute of Geography, Staromonetny, per 29, Moscow 109017, Russia
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/trends/tem...k/jouz_tem.htm

3) Holocene Carbon-cycle Dynamics Based on CO2 Trapped in Ice at Taylor Dome, Antarctica. 1999. A. Indermühle, T. F. Stocker, F. Joos, H. Fischer, H. J. Smith, M. Wahlen, B. Deck, D. Mastroianni, J. Tschumi, T. Blunier, R. Meyer & B. Stauffer. Nature 398: 121-125. http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/paleo/taylo...uehle99nat.pdf

4) Historical CO2 records from the Law Dome DE08, DE08-2, and DSS ice cores. 1998. Etheridge DM, Steele LP, Langenfelds RL, Francey RJ, Barnola JM and Morgan VI. In Trends, "A compendium of data on global change," Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN.
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/trends/co2/lawdome.html

5) Monte Carlo inverse modelling of the Law Dome (Antarctica) temperature profile. 1999. D Dahl-Jensen, VI Morgan, A Elcheikh. Annals of Glaciology 29:145-150. [Data interpolated from graph in Figure 4b]

6) Atmospheric CO2 concentrations (ppmv) derived in situ air samples collected at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii. 1999. Keeling CD, Whorf TP. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center.
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/ftp/ndp001/maunaloa.co2.

7) Annual and Seasonal Temperature Deviations in the Troposphere and Low Stratosphere, as derived from radiosonde records, 1958-1998. Temperature deviations (in relation to a 1958-1977 average) expressed in degrees Celsius for Win (December-February), Spr (March-May), Sum (June-August), and Fall (September-November). South Polar (60 degrees S - 90 degrees S)August 1999. Source: J. K. Angell. Air Resources Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/ftp/trends...ell/spolar.dat

Reference Papers

Climate and atmospheric history of the past 420,000 years from the Vostok ice core, Antarctica. 1999. Petit J.R., Jouzel J., Raynaud D., Barkov N.I., Barnola J.M., Basile I., Bender M., Chappellaz J., Davis J. Delaygue G., Delmotte M. Kotlyakov V.M., Legrand M., Lipenkov V.M., Lorius C., Pépin L., Ritz C., Saltzman E., Stievenard M. Nature 399: 429-436.
http://www.cnrs.fr/cw/en/pres/compress/mist030699.html

The ice record of greenhouse gases : a view in the context of future changes. 2000. Raynaud, D., J. M. Barnola, J. Chappellaz, T. Blunier, A. Indermuhle and B. Stauffer. Quaternary Science Reviews 19: 9-17.
http://www.elsevier.nl/cas/tree/stor...5/99000827.pdf

Ice core evidence for climate change in the Tropics: implications for our future. 2000. Lonnie G. Thompson. Quaternary Science Reviews 19: 19-35.
http://www.elsevier.nl/cas/tree/stor...5/99000529.pdf

Background Information

Ice Core Dating
By Matt Brinkman
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icecores.html

Sudden climate transitions during the Quaternary
By Jonathan Adams, Mark Maslin & Ellen Thomas
http://www.esd.ornl.gov/projects/qen/transit.html

Deciphering Mysteries of Past Climate from Antarctic Ice Cores
American Geophysical Union.
http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/vostok.html

Remembrance of Things Past: Greenhouse Lessons from the Geologic Record
By Thomas J. Crowley
http://www.gcrio.org/CONSEQUENCES/wi...eoclimate.html

Learning from Polar Ice Core Research
American Chemical Society
http://pubs.acs.org/hotartcl/est/99/apr/learn.html

EDF Global Warming Projections for the New Millennium
http://www.edf.org/programs/GRAP/y3k/

The Vostok ice core data
By Hugh
http://www.daflight.demon.co.uk/science/

Ice core records of atmospheric CO2 around the last three glacial terminations. 1999. Fischer, H., Wahlen, M., Smith, J., Mastroianni, D. and Deck B. Science 283: 1712-1714.
http://www.co2science.org/journal/1999/v2n8c3.htm

The NOAA Paleoclimatology Program has dedicated this section to studies and data, as well as science research articles that focus on issues important to climate and paleoclimatology.
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/paleo/whatsnew.html

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program, International Ice Core Data Cooperative.
Vostok Ice Core Data
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/paleo/iceco...ok/vostok.html

World Data Center Data Access & Data Submission
New Ice Core data include CO2 from Vostok , and Taylor Dome CO2 for 11-0 KYrBP, 27-11 KYrBP and 60-20 KYrBP , plus GRIP N2O. WDC Paleo Data is also mirrored at several sites around the world.
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/paleo/data.html

jesuitsdidit 25-01-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathar (Post 1059622798)
In 1989 a vid came out called How to Stop the Coming Ice Age......it went into detail

about how one was definatly in the cards.....

In Jim Keith's book Casebook on Alternative Three..it says leaked CIA docs say the CIA is expecting an Ice Age...i think this book came out around 1993....

here

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesuitsdidit (Post 1059548444)
Q. 2010—where does it fit in the warmest year list? A. 9,099th in the last 10,000 yrs.

http://www.iceagenow.com/2010%E2%80%...ist-9099th.htm

q. 2010—where does it fit in the warmest year list? (in past 10,000 yrs)

a. 9,099th

By Dr Don Easterbrook

2 charts

28 Dec 10 - 1934 has long been considered the warmest year of the past century. A decade ago, the closest challenger appeared to be 1998, a super-el nino year, but it trailed 1934 by 0.54°C (0.97°F).

Since then, NASA GISS has “adjusted” the U.S. data for 1934 downward and 1998 upward (see December 25, 2010 post by Ira Glickstein) in an attempt to make 1998 warmer than 1934 and seemingly erased the original rather large lead of 1934 over 1998. The last phases of the strong 2009-2010 el nino in early 2010 made this year another possible contender for the warmest year of the century.

However, December 2010 has been one of the coldest Decembers in a century in many parts of the world, so 2010 probably won’t be warmer than 1998. But does it really matter? Regardless of which year wins the temperature adjustment battle, how significant will that be? To answer that question, we need to look at a much longer time frame‒centuries and millennia.

The past 10,000 years

Most of the past 10,000 have been warmer than the present. Figure 4 shows temperatures from the GISP2 Greenland ice core. With the exception of a brief warm period about 8,200 years ago, the entire period from 1,500 to 10,500 years ago was significantly warmer than present.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4...verthepast.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Figure 4. Temperatures over the past 10,500 years recorded in the GISP2
Greenland ice core. (Modified from Cuffy and Clow, 1997)

Another graph of temperatures from the Greenland ice core for the past 10,000 years is shown in Figure 5. It shows essentially the same temperatures as Cuffy and Clow (1997) but with somewhat greater detail. What both of these temperature curves show is that virtually all of the past 10,000 years has been warmer than the present.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8...erthepastx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Figure 5. Temperatures over the past 10,000 years
recorded in the GISP2 Greenland ice core.

So where do the 1934/1998/2010 warm years rank in the long-term list of warm years? Of the past 10,500 years, 9,100 were warmer than 1934/1998/2010. Thus, regardless of which year ( 1934, 1998, or 2010) turns out to be the warmest of the past century, that year will rank number 9,099 in the long-term list.

The climate has been warming slowly since the Little Ice Age (Fig. 5), but it has quite a ways to go yet before reaching the temperature levels that persisted for nearly all of the past 10,500 years.

It’s really much to do about nothing.

Dr. Don Easterbrook is a Professor of Geology at Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA.

Also see his article "Looming Threat of Global Cooling," which I posted on May 23rd of this year.

jesuitsdidit 25-01-2011 03:05 PM

and

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=icecores1.gif

note on this chart 1 segment = 10,000 yrs

the blue blob on the right = the above 2 charts

stf u can see ice ages form every 100,000 yrs and last 4 90,000 yrs

we are at the end of an inter-glacial

that means we r heading back into ice-age

infact this inter-glacial is longer than the last 4

does this mean the ia will form much quicker than normal when it comes?

often they form v quickly anyway - 20 yrs is not uncommon

does this mean it cd happen in 5?

for some reason, every time i try n post this aicd chart it always hides

u can find it here

http://www.climatechangeanswers.org/...cecoredata.htm

and yellowstone blows on a 600,000 yr cycle

that means its 40,000 yrs over-due

jesuitsdidit 25-01-2011 03:13 PM

2010 almost the coldest year in 10,000 yrs

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...highlight=blob

Europe freeze death toll hits 60 - HAARP?

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...=147668&page=3

jesuitsdidit 25-01-2011 03:15 PM

Look at this 24-second video, multiply it by several thousand, and see if you can guess what has been heating the seas. http://www.gohawaii.com/perfect/blitz#/lava

Sickening - ABC Blames Global Warming for Extreme Cold and Snow
24 Jan 11 - On Friday, ABC correspondent Linsey Davis filed a one-sided report blaming the recent cold and snowfall on global warming.
See Sickening - ABC Blames Global Warming for Extreme Cold and Snow

Winters will now be Coldest in Centuries, says Piers
23 Jan 11 - "We're now headed for a Maunder minimum of very low solar activity. The globe will be much cooler until about 2035, so there will be a lot more of these cold winters in Europe and the USA."

I'm a denier! - Song/Video
New video from M4GW (Minnesotans for Global Warming)
It's a parody of "I'm a Believer" by Neil Diamond. I think you'll love it.
See I'm a denier - Song/Video

Historic cold could hamper N. Korea food production
23 Jan 11 - First time since 1945 that max daytime temperature has remained below zero for nearly a month.
See Historic cold could hamper N. Korea food production

Cold records shattered in Minnesota -46! - 21 Jan 11
8 new record lows in Florida (7 in the teens) - 17 Jan 11
Snow in all 49 States - All but Florida - 12 Jan 11
Record snowfall in 28 states - 12 Jan 11
Record snowfall in 25 states - 11 Jan 11
See Record low temperatures in the U.S.

clever trevor 25-01-2011 09:59 PM

Reality check people....

Ice age = glacial period = a period in time when large parts of the Earth are covered in glacial ice...

OK bear that in mind when I ask the next two questions....

First question...

What would you expect to find if you took a trip to the North pole?

Second question.

What would you expect to find if you took a trip to the South pole?

Answer to both questions is of course, vast continental sized glacial ice sheets....

Therefore would it be fair to say that we are already in an ice age?

jesuitsdidit 27-01-2011 05:27 PM

Yet another strong snowstorm for the Atlantic coast
26 Jan 11 - Winter storm watches tonight for Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. Also for parts VA, WV, NC and KY. Further south, winter storm warnings for much of TN and parts of Mississippi and Alabama.
See Yet another strong snowstorm for the Atlantic coast

Huangshang Mountains Electrically Machined?
26 Jan 11 - "Electric currents might once have flowed through Earth's conductive strata with energies like nothing we know today."
Huangshang Mountains Electrically Machined?
pic"Carved by the Gods." Credit: Garry Maxfield

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to erupt for the first time in 600,000 years, wiping out two-thirds of the U.S.?
25 Jan 11 - That's the headline today on the UK's Mail Online.
See Largest super-volcano to wipe out two-thirds of the U.S.?

jesuitsdidit 27-01-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesuitsdidit (Post 1059626991)
and

note on this chart 1 segment = 10,000 yrs

the blue blob on the right = the above 2 charts

stf u can see ice ages form every 100,000 yrs and last 4 90,000 yrs

we are at the end of an inter-glacial

that means we r heading back into ice-age

infact this inter-glacial is longer than the last 4

does this mean the ia will form much quicker than normal when it comes?

often they form v quickly anyway - 20 yrs is not uncommon

does this mean it cd happen in 5?

for some reason, every time i try n post this aicd chart it always hides

u can find it here

http://www.climatechangeanswers.org/...cecoredata.htm

and yellowstone blows on a 600,000 yr cycle

that means its 40,000 yrs over-due

heres the link

enhttp://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=icecores1.gif