David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Forum Talent / Promote Yourself (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Post a poem thread... (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=86584)

truthspoon 14-10-2009 04:37 PM

Post a poem thread...
 
Aye-up forummers... How about having a thread where poems can be posted by forummers without having them falling out of cyberspace and into obscurity on page 12.

If we regularly update this thread with our poems and random lyrical thoughts
then we can have a place to keep track of the poetic talents of the many Icke forum members, through the weeks and months of forum activity.


One of my efforts:


Quote:


Wheels of history.

It’s the grinding of the wheels of history
The milling of hearts for their blood
The story of demons and kings and their mystery
Where neither side is any much good

The underground stream
Where money runs deep
Drown for your dreams
But the dead don’t sleep

It’s madness only madness
All you need to know
Nut jobs, crack pots, crazies and head cases
All running the show

We are the pawns
All the squares are black
Stop playing games
It’s your world take it back

Do you feel at home?
Or have we got the burglars in?
Do you feel alone?
Cos you’re the only one noticing?

It’s madness only madness
All you need to know
Nut jobs crack pots crazies and head cases
All running the show

Don’t worry, s’just a phase
Of planetary hypnosis
And we live life in a daze
Of mutually induced psychosis.

It doesn’t hurt to make a stand
It doesn’t hurt to pray
And if we take the world in hand
We might all get better some day

callybhoy 14-10-2009 04:56 PM

Good idea ep. I'll add this one......

Is It Because...

Why am I here?
Why do I have no freedom?
Why is my food and water poisoned?
Why am I brainwashed and injected with toxins?
Why am I told what to do?
Why am I told what to believe?
Is it because......
Is it because......
Is it because......
You love me mummy!

truthspoon 14-10-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedsi (Post 1058334565)
Good idea ep. I'll add this one......

Is It Because...

Why am I here?
Why do I have no freedom?
Why is my food and water poisoned?
Why am I brainwashed and injected with toxins?
Why am I told what to do?
Why am I told what to believe?
Is it because......
Is it because......
Is it because.....
You love me mummy!

Hmmmmmm.... A good protest poem with a kicker at the end....

I love poems that throw questions at you.... Hmmmm. Good one.

petercookie 21-10-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

The story goes:

When an old man died in the geriatric ward of a small hospital near Tampa, Florida, it was believed that he had nothing left of any value.

Later, when the nurses were going through his meager possessions, they found this poem. Its quality and content so impressed the staff that copies were made and distributed to every nurse in the hospital.

One nurse took her copy to Missouri. The old man's sole bequest to posterity has since appeared in the Christmas edition of the News Magazine of the St. Louis Association for Mental Health. Note that, while this poem says “nurses,” we all – every one of us – must put ourselves into this spot.

Crabby Old Man

What do you see nurses? .......What do you see?
What are you thinking......when you're looking at me?
A crabby old man, ....not very wise,
Uncertain of habit ........with faraway eyes?

Who dribbles his food.......and makes no reply.
When you say in a loud voice....."I do wish you'd try!"
Who seems not to notice ....the things that you do.
And forever is losing .............. A sock or shoe?

Who, resisting or not...........lets you do as you will,
With bathing and feeding ...... The long day to fill?
Is that what you're thinking? Is that what you see?
Then open your eyes, nurse......you're not looking at me.

I'll tell you who I am ....... As I sit here so still,
As I do at your bidding, .....as I eat at your will.
I'm a small child of Ten......with a father and mother,
Brothers and sisters ......who love one another

A young boy of Sixteen ...........with wings on his feet
Dreaming that soon now. .........a lover he'll meet.
A groom soon at Twenty .........my heart gives a leap.
Remembering, the vows........that I promised to keep.

At Twenty-Five, now .......... I have young of my own.
Who need me to guide ...... And a secure happy home.
A man of Thirty ......... My young now grown fast,
Bound to each other ......... With ties that should last.

At Forty, my young sons ........have grown and are gone,
But my woman's beside me........to see ! I don't mourn.
At Fifty, once more, ......... Babies play 'round my knee,
Again, we know children ....... My loved one and me.

Dark days are upon me .......... My wife is now dead.
I look at the future ...........I shudder with dread.
For my young are all rearing .......young of their own.
And I think of the years...... And the love that I've known.

I'm now an old man.........and nature is cruel.
'Tis jest to make old age .......look like a fool.
The body, it crumbles..........grace and vigor, depart.
There is now a stone........where I once had a heart.

But inside this old carcass ...... A young guy still dwells,
And now and again .......my battered heart swells.
I remember the joys.............. I remember the pain.
And I'm loving and living.............life over again.

I think of the years ...all too few......gone too fast.
And accept the stark fact........that nothing can last.
So open your eyes, people .........open and see..
Not a crabby old man. Look closer....see........ME!!
:) This poem is not totally in keeping with the thread because i didnt write it, but thought it is worth posting, i hope its ok.

callybhoy 23-10-2009 10:13 AM

The Ego.

Please don't question "My"
For it means so much to "I"
Because of fear I dont ask "Why"
So I guess I'll stick with "My"

boots 23-10-2009 10:47 AM

It was on the good ship Venus.
By Christ you should have seen us.
The captains dog was Rover.
My god they did him over.
He was so full of spoof, that he couldn't woof.
So they threw the poor bastard over.


.

pureheart 23-10-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petercookie (Post 1058351963)
:) This poem is not totally in keeping with the thread because i didnt write it, but thought it is worth posting, i hope its ok.

That was really touching. Thanks for posting it.

It made me think of the Benjamin Button film. That was sad too. :(

particlepopup 23-10-2009 04:22 PM

As my girlfriend knows im a nutter, and i cant be bothered with pressies,she wrote me a poem on card as a book mark for my birthday, here goes,


I looked to the sky
and what did i see
But a one eyed martian
winking at me

He took me onboard
for a tour of the stars
to visit the moon
and my acre on mars (she bought me an acre for chrimbo)

We travelled through space
for a year and a day
He tried it on once
But i said - hey i aint gay

and so we turned back
after such a long ride
this mission was failed
he'd wanted a bride

I said mr martian
I do love you man
if you were a celeb :)
id be your biggest fan

But i aint for you
and you aint for me
so drop me off home
in time for my tea.

I howled with laughter, who says you need to spend cash to make someone happy

particlepopup 23-10-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

:) This poem is not totally in keeping with the thread because i didnt write it, but thought it is worth posting, i hope its ok.
Stunning.

truthspoon 23-10-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlepopup (Post 1058359338)
As my girlfriend knows im a nutter, and i cant be bothered with pressies,she wrote me a poem on card as a book mark for my birthday, here goes,


I looked to the sky
and what did i see
But a one eyed martian
winking at me

He took me onboard
for a tour of the stars
to visit the moon
and my acre on mars (she bought me an acre for chrimbo)

We travelled through space
for a year and a day
He tried it on once
But i said - hey i aint gay

and so we turned back
after such a long ride
this mission was failed
he'd wanted a bride

I said mr martian
I do love you man
if you were a celeb :)
id be your biggest fan

But i aint for you
and you aint for me
so drop me off home
in time for my tea.

I howled with laughter, who says you need to spend cash to make someone happy


I want more.... what happened next? that rhythm is infectious I could listen to it for ever..... Back in the day, before writing, that was how they used to transmit knowledge and history. It just sticks in your head doesn't it?

cryst4l 23-10-2009 11:26 PM

Twisting, Turning, Listing, and Learning.
Life pushes on with the energy force.
No matter what you want or where you hide,
Your come tumbling along this great ride.
The strength and power is too hard to fight.
Even if it does not feel right, (which it does feel right)
Life can throw up so many little surprises.
I bet you can’t guess as to what mine is???

cryst4l 24-10-2009 06:05 PM

I’m sick I’m spinning.
My head is in a whirlpool with all these visions.
Things that need to be done as part of a routine,
Only make me want to shout and scream.
Tonight, a night of freedom and bliss,
Will only make my skin boil and hiss.

Not sure what to do or how to handle,
Confusion creeps in, choking the air I breathe.
Faith holds strong and I must believe.

gravey420 24-10-2009 10:34 PM

blind to the fury numb to the pain deaf to the sadness my spirit in flames rise against rise to meet rise to conquer rise to defeat

anger mistrust exacting circumstance cursing money and all the greed my spirit to fight ill feed and feed

never ending ties that bind my soul is lost on the winds of time

keeping close your devious ends
time and place will reveal a taste for vengance and a thirst for your blood

truthspoon 25-10-2009 01:42 PM

In reply to PeteCookie, please feel free to post any poems you want, whether you wrote them or not..... I would suggest that if you post a poem by someone else, that you include the poet's name underneath the poem. Just for informaton purposes.

I'm just gonna drop these lines on y'all.

Quote:


I Love thy neighbour!


How much do you love your neighbour?
When the stereo’s loud to hide their rows
do you hate them? Do you think they’re trash?
Walk a mile in their shoes that let the rain in.
Life’s quite hard with wet feet and not enough cash.

I........ Love my neighbour
I love my neighbour but she scares me!
She’s so pretty and I like to be alone
But when I see her
I reconsider
And a different life grows in my mind.
To have a girlfriend.
To have a girlfriend.


This whole world is full of neighbours.
But some of them don’t get on.
"I’m not talking to them!
Cos he broke my spade"
"And their cat poos in the rockery I made"
"And she sings on a Sunday
And it drives me mad"
"And their cooking, oh their cooking, always smells so bad."

But I love my neighbour, she’s so pretty
And when I see her
I know I want her
To be my girlfriend
To be my girlfriend

It’s high time we loved our neighbours
Cos we share more than a fence
And if we love them and they love us
The world makes sense.

jojo 25-10-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryst4l (Post 1058360290)
Twisting, Turning, Listing, and Learning.
Life pushes on with the energy force.
No matter what you want or where you hide,
Your come tumbling along this great ride.
The strength and power is too hard to fight.
Even if it does not feel right, (which it does feel right)
Life can throw up so many little surprises.
I bet you can’t guess as to what mine is???

go on then, what ? :)

cryst4l 25-10-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 1058362983)
go on then, what ? :)

Rhetorical question ;)

petercookie 25-10-2009 07:32 PM

I like these two short poems - i dont know who wrote or said them but they are good.

Quote:

I, a stranger and affraid, in a world i never made
^that is like how we feel when we feel seperate and not connected with the universe. A stranger in a strange land.

Quote:

An artist wants a picture painted, of such a monster that he fainted
^For me this represents our minds, when we create mountains out of molehills.

gravey420 26-10-2009 03:29 PM

in mortal desire coil into thyself
seek redemtion in dead eyes

pursue the hidden path
climb the lost stair

visceral designs unveiled,
relinquish autonomy

integrate the lesson
disseminate your values

extrapolate probabillity
incorporate impossibility

jojo 26-10-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravey420 (Post 1058365629)
in mortal desire coil into thyself
seek redemtion in dead eyes

pursue the hidden path
climb the lost stair

visceral designs unveiled,
relinquish autonomy

integrate the lesson
disseminate your values

extrapolate probabillity
incorporate impossibility

powerful! very powerful!

gravey420 26-10-2009 03:46 PM

rebel throng rise
to war to war

take the streets and parks

Rising edifice, seat of power now topple

fury burns through eyes that watch
the smoke of ruin rise over your works
the dust shall claim its own

a miscreants desire set in motion the unfolding of your doom


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 AM.