David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The death of forums! (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=322571)

ink 15-08-2018 04:42 PM

The death of forums!
 
Was wondering why forums, which have been very active, die?

If you take this forum.... which states it has over 135 thousand members but struggles to gain 75-100 posts a day....and at times much less than that....why would that become?

I wasn't part of this forum when the ban hammer went down, but what happened is in the past so this forum should be very active with so very many members.... so why now is this forum in it's death throws?

It happens to many forums ( not just of an alternative nature ) ....but why?

I asked a member who had started a thread, who had not posted for nearly two years, why they had not interacted?
They showed as online but didn't answer?
So I removed my 'question' as it was 'off' topic within their thread.

Is this the 'now' nature of interaction.......especially alternative considerations, but then why?

This forum has near 6 million posts and 300 thousand threads....A wealth of potential information and discussion....But it is near death!

Why do you consider that to be....and how could we turn it around? And would you want to??

:dizzy:

tinfoil hat 15-08-2018 04:47 PM

I think its because people join for whatever reason, get all the relevant info, then move on as often its just thread after thread of the same arguments or questions from new members that can usually be found in the 'stickys' anyway.

ink 15-08-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinfoil hat (Post 1063036408)
I think its because people join for whatever reason, get all the relevant info, then move on as often its just thread after thread of the same arguments or questions from new members that can usually be found in the 'stickys' anyway.

So are you stating that there are only a limited number of questions?

That within this experience of a 'life', one can have only a predefined number of considerations which ask the self to define 'actions'....and all of these have already been answered within the stickies....so no point then in any continuation of investigation!

.

ink 15-08-2018 05:09 PM

May I ask....


What is this


https://i.imgur.com/a8V07xD.jpg


?

Would someone care to enlighten me?

ink 15-08-2018 05:26 PM

Most of the 135K members are inactive.
They have just not been defined as such!

Of the 'active' members....most are 'bots' or 'socks'!
But they are left here (or created) so as to create a drama!

There are less than 100 actual 'posters'.......any above this are puppet accounts!

lmfao

georgesmiley 15-08-2018 05:27 PM

I get exhausted having to take time to write a reasonable reply which might include having to find sources for the points i want to make.

I have more free time by not getting intensely involved with posters who have a radically different pov. I still like skimming through some threads just to see what is being said.

Topics which mostly interest me: like ww2/hitler/holocaust/white replacement strategy/ a group that i cant mention by name having undue influence in key areas like academia, media, politics, have been done to death here at least for me.

New members may be new to such information and will like to work things out for themselves by posting and engaging. But i am getting on in years and want to avoid aggravation if at all possible.

metak88 15-08-2018 05:27 PM

A bunch of those are fake accounts. CCb14o43, ccb26...

It's most likely somehow automated and if you look at Who's online page you can immediately notice the fake user names. They're either 'Registering' or viewing the 'Forum Index' and all of them are with 0 posts.

tinfoil hat 15-08-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink (Post 1063036410)
So are you stating that there are only a limited number of questions?

That within this experience of a 'life', one can have only a predefined number of considerations which ask the self to define 'actions'....and all of these have already been answered within the stickies....so no point then in any continuation of investigation!

.

Yes, pretty much, on any given subject.

ink 15-08-2018 05:28 PM

The world is 'waking up'.......oh really!

Where are they then?

tinfoil hat 15-08-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink (Post 1063036418)
The world is 'waking up'.......oh really!

Where are they then?

I think many more are awake now.
Maybe they're just waiting for a leader?

ink 15-08-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgesmiley (Post 1063036415)
I get exhausted having to take time to write a reasonable reply which might include having to find sources for the points i want to make.

I have more free time by not getting intensely involved with posters who have a radically different pov. I still like skimming through some threads just to see what is being said.


thank you :)

So do you consider that is the reason for most of the 135K members?

That they have 'found' that which they wanted....and now 'pop' in once in a while?

ink 15-08-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metak88 (Post 1063036416)
A bunch of those are fake accounts. CCb14o43, ccb26...

It's most likely somehow automated and if you look at Who's online page you can immediately notice the fake user names. They're either 'Registering' or viewing the 'Forum Index' and all of them are with 0 posts.

I know....I 'looked' at them all!

But why?

If this was my forum I would delete those accounts as soon as I saw them.

Just asking why they still exist as members?

*cough*

ink 15-08-2018 05:39 PM

Tinfoil, sorry but I disagree with you.

I do not see an 'awakening' of the 'mass' and if they require a 'leader'.......then they are most definitely stuffed!

:(

tom bombadil 15-08-2018 05:52 PM

It might be a sign of Internet use changes!

We are going through, always going through, a stage.

As those needs change then so do requirements!

People know how to use the Internet better than they did ten years ago to get their points across, and most of those users were/are of the older generation of computer users, and not the new next gen that are here today.

It's a sign of the times.

I stay because it keeps me sane!

ink 15-08-2018 05:53 PM

It is interesting....Why do forums die?

If you take the thread which I just experimented with you find that it has 1655 posts of which 1 member posted 625?

Why?

The next was 165....then 117.......then it was me!

I posted 96 times....but I had a purpose so most of mine are very recent. Such is.

Try to consider it lol

tinfoil hat 15-08-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink (Post 1063036423)
Tinfoil, sorry but I disagree with you.

I do not see an 'awakening' of the 'mass' and if they require a 'leader'.......then they are most definitely stuffed!

:(

I agree, if they need a leader they've kind of missed the point, but still, that is what they will do, in general I think.
More people than ever today are aware of the Rothschilds and the dodgy banking system imo.
Which is a start.

ink 15-08-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink (Post 1063036425)
It is interesting....Why do forums die?

If you take the thread which I just experimented with you find that it has 1655 posts of which 1 member posted 625?

Why?

The next was 165....then 117.......then it was me!

I posted 96 times....but I had a purpose so most of mine are very recent. Such is.

Try to consider it lol

Within that thread only 63 members posted....of which only 23 made over 10 posts???? This is a thread with 1655 posts and near 100,000 views!

ffs

*facepalm*

metak88 15-08-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink (Post 1063036422)
I know....I 'looked' at them all!

But why?

If this was my forum I would delete those accounts as soon as I saw them.

Just asking why they still exist as members?

*cough*

I don't know how the admins deal with those accounts, but as I said it's definitely somehow automated. (almost like a spam bot)

My guess is that admins do indeed keep track of them and remove then as soon as possible?

tinfoil hat 15-08-2018 06:14 PM

Some threads I don't generally post in due to lack of any real knowledge on the subject (like spirituality and astrology)and those on it seem to have all argument bases covered, much like the Moon Hoax thread.
But I still read it to try and learn something new.

Bit like question time on the telly, where there is an audience but only the front rows generally get to speak.

georgesmiley 15-08-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink (Post 1063036421)
thank you :)

So do you consider that is the reason for most of the 135K members?

That they have 'found' that which they wanted....and now 'pop' in once in a while?

I was only explaining why I am not active as I was once was. No idea about others' reasons.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 AM.