David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Survival / Local Economies / Communities (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   i shot my first duck. (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=145172)

bones 20-11-2010 08:53 AM

i shot my first duck.

hey guys , ide like to share my experience of shooting my first duck.

yesterday me and my brother went to our local wild pond ,were hundreds of ducks play...

we decide to use the method of feed and grab, sadly the ducks were having none of it and wouldnt come near me as i had camos on ... i assumed it was that cos when i moved away they got more balls and mounted the path.

anyways i decided to sit in the woods and shoot one from a distance.

it worked a treat, i got a head shot( airgun) and killed it outright...... now i know its not sportsman like to do what i did, but hey as long as i respect the breeding season feb-oct, i class it as lawful.....

i cleaned it and ovened it on the same day and it was beautiful...

we are gonna do a net catch one day too hopefully well get 2-3 in one go for the freezer...

truthspoon 20-11-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bones (Post 1059437795)

yesterday me and my brother went to our local wild pond ,were hundreds of ducks play...

we decide to use the method of feed and grab, sadly the ducks were having none of it and wouldnt come near me as i had camos on ... i assumed it was that cos when i moved away they got more balls and mounted the path.

it worked a treat, i got a head shot( airgun) and killed it outright...... now i know its not sportsman like to do what i did, but hey as long as i respect the breeding season feb-oct, i class it as lawful.....

we are gonna do a net catch one day too hopefully well get 2-3 in one go for the freezer...

Fair enough..... Good to know there's no need for anyone to starve if the shit hits the fan....

I would appreciate any other food spotting tips if you have them.

Squirrels for instance? Can you eat them? Anything else that's good to eat out there....

ragnarok 20-11-2010 11:30 AM

Hey, at least the local squirrels are getting a break. Good on ya, fella.

hunter77 20-11-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate (Post 1059438103)
Fair enough..... Good to know there's no need for anyone to starve if the shit hits the fan....

Squirrels for instance? Can you eat them? Anything else that's good to eat out there....

squirrels are tasty:) you can only really get meat off the hind quaters and saddlle.

theyre a bugger to skin, but it the same principal as doing a rabbit.

theyre worth it though and tasty, try them barbecued marinaded in olive oil and herbs:)

hunter77 20-11-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

well done bonesy , just watch out for the old bill though if youre doing that.

i prefer flighting meself, but as long as youre doing it in a clean efficient manner i don't see a problem:)

you can also be more selective and pick the drakes.

ragnarok 20-11-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter77 (Post 1059438124)
squirrels are tasty:) you can only really get meat off the hind quaters and saddlle.

Me and you are gonna fall out if you start killing any squirrels on the next meet-up! :p

hunter77 20-11-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok (Post 1059438133)
Me and you are gonna fall out if you start killing any squirrels on the next meet-up! :p

na guns will stay locked away in the cabbinet. guns and beer don't mix:D

ragnarok 20-11-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter77 (Post 1059438160)
na guns will stay locked away in the cabbinet. guns and beer don't mix:D

Wise words. Learnt from experience, have we? :D

(Trying to shoot an apple off someone's head with a shotgun was something you'd never attempt unless you were shit-faced.)

moondancer 20-11-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok (Post 1059438185)
Wise words. Learnt from experience, have we? :D

(Trying to shoot an apple off someone's head with a shotgun was something you'd never attempt unless you were shit-faced.)

ffs dont give him ideas :eek::D

bones 20-11-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter77 (Post 1059438130)

i prefer flighting meself, but as long as youre doing it in a clean efficient manner i don't see a problem:)

thats the point though hunter, ive caused noone anyloss or done any damage, ive killed it during open season to respect the breeding months.

this is were statute law is flawed....

i personally respect common law... my right to food.

peace.:)

trappedinameatsuit 20-11-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Yes, you can eat squirrel. I never have but know of people that have.

Oh, I also have no clue how they are prepared.

bones 20-11-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

ill share any advice as it comes...

gonna attempt a canada goose soon, prob is its on a open public pond in cleethorps.... :(

bones 20-11-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trappedinameatsuit (Post 1059438900)
Yes, you can eat squirrel. I never heard but know of people that have.

i have its very nice in a salad or burger...

dont be fooled by the fluffy fur, they are cunts to the reds.....;)

ytch 20-11-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Congrats, ah

jp13 20-11-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bones (Post 1059438902)
ill share any advice as it comes...

gonna attempt a canada goose soon, prob is its on a open public pond in cleethorps.... :(

I'm not sure so check it out, I think they may be protected, personally I wouldn't be seen alive with even an airgun where I stay as I would stand a much greater risk of being eliminated by SO19, and be careful on open common land, everyone can use it, and not all think it's ok to shoot the geese on the pond.

whiterain 20-11-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter77 (Post 1059438130)

yeah you definately wouldnt want to eat that :o:D

why do old ducks sing the blues?

because there bill withers

mycharona 20-11-2010 08:55 PM

My understanding is that insects are also an excellent protein source.

bluebunny 20-11-2010 09:00 PM

You cant just go out shooting anything you like with an air rifle, you moron.
What you did was illegal,its against the law to be in possession of and to use an air rifle in a public place.A public place is anywhere that the public have access to.I hope next time you go out playing rambo you get arrested

truthspoon 20-11-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebunny (Post 1059439686)
What you did was illegal,its against the law to be in possession of and to use an air rifle in a public place.A public place is anywhere that the public have access to.I hope next time you go out playing rambo you get arrested

You can as long as you don't get caught.

That's the whole point YOU moron.

It's funny though, I mean, why do we live in a world where we are not even allowed to catch our own food?

Your attitide Blue Bunny is symptomatic of the mind controlled thought prison that they try to lock us in.

Once the all powerfull government finds a way to stop making people need to eat food then I'll listen to your advice, but until then, the goverment is NOT GOD... so slide your ass out of here onto the next bus to trolltown!

bones 20-11-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebunny (Post 1059439686)

oh pls ,,, take that government penis out your mouth, enjoy natures finest meats....

tell cameron he can kiss my arse...:p

edit, rambo used a knife not an airgun.