David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Are soulmates real?? (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=277349)

the_light 10-07-2014 04:30 PM

Are soulmates real??

When I was young I believed that one day I would meet my soulmate. I thought he visited me in my dreams and that we'd known each other in past lives. I don't think that anymore. I remember when I stopped believing. I was just about to turn 17. I did 5meo dmt (very different than NN dmt) with a guy and I started crying thinking he was my soulmate. I think the drug intercepted my sense of reality. We ended up dating for 9 months and he became very emotionally, psychologically and sexually abusive. It took me a long time to let go of the pain and I am still holding on to fragments of it. Then last winter I started dating a new man whom I am with now and discovered a few months in that he is a heroin addict. He stole from me and has had quite a few blow ups and controlling episodes, as well as phases of apathy where he does not seem to care about anything that has to do with me. So I guess I'm wondering now if that's all relationships are. It's just about finding someone who's flaws you can tolerate. I believe there are people that are meant to come in your life and we learn alot from them and have some beautiful and not so beautiful relationships but a lot of the idea of "soulmates" sounds very fairy tale and sappy love story to me and I'm having a very hard time treading that way in my thoughts now.
What is your opinion?
Is there any evidence that soulmates exist?
Do you think it's just a pretty idea we invent to help us escape from the struggle of life and stress of relationships?

silent revolution 10-07-2014 04:36 PM

I think soulmates exist. I also think that many people don't know what they want. If you know what you want, I think you can be a perfect soulmate. If the other person knows what they want, they can be a perfect soulmate. How easy is it to find someone who truly knows what they want? Maybe you just need to have faith that life will bring you what you want.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friend:)

multiversal_quiver 10-07-2014 04:44 PM

No.

mr sparkles 10-07-2014 06:21 PM

I do believe everyone has at least one soulmate, i'm kinda losing hope of ever finding mine though. I've seen a fair few girls but none have lasted more than a few dates and i've never felt that connection with someone. I get really depressed thinking about it as it's something i've really wanted for a long time now.

I really don't want to have a relationship like most people where they just seem to use each other to satisfy their own needs. I'd rather be lonely than be in a relationship like that.

terrien 10-07-2014 07:05 PM

It's probably real, but the chances of meeting them is very unlikely. It's a term that's thrown around far too often..just gotta find people that are on your wavelength! :)