David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Survival / Local Economies / Communities (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The campfire (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=257068)

vorwahr 25-09-2013 12:47 PM

The campfire

http://s21.postimg.org/l65pcu63r/Campfire_4213.jpg
image hosting websites

Grab a seat and tell us where your headed or what you've been up to .

tom bombadil 25-09-2013 06:09 PM

Nice idea :)

Today, after work, I got in to finish a bit of painting. This is cos I am moving house as soon as its sold.

:cool:

tom bombadil 25-09-2013 06:10 PM

Pass me a stick for my marsh-mellow

giblet 25-09-2013 06:31 PM

Hi,

I have spent the summer gathering wood, getting sorted for Winter. Only managed to get the log burner completed in May. Need to be gathering next Winter's wood this Summer really, but I'll get there. I did manage to source a fair few seasoned logs for nothing plus gardened for people and got logs for that. I am happy. Though I feel completely fucked. I am trying my best to live without technology. Therefore I prefer to use hand saws instead of chainsaws, a wheelbarrow instead of a four wheel drive. I'd love an old Landrover though. Very rarely watch television but got one anyway and a DVD player that plays CDs which happens a lot. Got a television license too. I can't remember the last time I saw anything on the BBC worth watching. Oh yes I can, Larkrise to Candleford. I'm more of a Larkrise type to be honest. I use electricity when I have to and enjoy physical labour.

I'm heading to a point where everything makes sense and I've still got a long way to go. What about you?

giblet 25-09-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom bombadil (Post 1061752712)
Pass me a stick for my marsh-mellow

I would if they weren't all covered in dog shit. The river bank near our house is covered in it.
What's the story behind you moving, owt good?

tom bombadil 25-09-2013 09:28 PM

Moving to escape the monoteny of life.

Fed-up of middle england. Going off to do the self reliant stuff in Wales.

Going now before I have to.

fuhquitz 25-09-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom bombadil (Post 1061753076)

Lucky you, envious much. Enjoy :)

Up to - drawing a cartoon for a client's stained glass panel; also will be doing some (unrelated) DIY. Currently sat with a *very* large mug of tea.

Heading to - better health or an early death, preferably the former as I'm halfway to achieving that.

...and I have brought my own sticks and a couple of bags of marshmallows. Would you like to share some? :cool:

old_stag 07-04-2014 06:18 PM

I did my first bit of wild camping this year last week. Unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery on my new-fangled camera before I left so I don't have any pictures. My old one ran on AA batteries, no need to take a plug away with you.
Anyway I camped on Loch Lomondside and not only did I bring home my first tick of the year, I was swarmed by midges as I packed up the tent. An early start for them this year but they aren't biting yet at least.
I did get to hear a tawny owl and see a tribe of wild goats peacefully browsing in the oak woods just by my tent. The honking of geese in April always cheers me up too, summer is on the way!

vorwahr 07-04-2014 11:15 PM

Saw the first bats since winter the other night
Tbey were swooping down along the canal path
Picking off moths I think ,
Trout are rising in the rivers again aswell
And wild onions are up even saw a lupin about a foot tall
Spring has sprung buds are out hawthorns in leaf
It's all kicking off for another year .

First good weekend I will head off maybe take a dog with me
Just me on the bike four paw drive
Head into the woods for a night or two
Bottle of wine and chill out recharge the batteries etc .
Wouldnt rule out a coastal trip actually .
Been a while since I camped on the beach amongst the dunes with a driftwood fire .

greenfellow 09-04-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_stag (Post 1062049122)
I did my first bit of wild camping this year last week. Unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery on my new-fangled camera before I left so I don't have any pictures. My old one ran on AA batteries, no need to take a plug away with you.
Anyway I camped on Loch Lomondside and not only did I bring home my first tick of the year, I was swarmed by midges as I packed up the tent. An early start for them this year but they aren't biting yet at least.
I did get to hear a tawny owl and see a tribe of wild goats peacefully browsing in the oak woods just by my tent. The honking of geese in April always cheers me up too, summer is on the way!

Did you use a repellent?

also, how did you treat the bites?

old_stag 12-04-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenfellow (Post 1062052249)
Did you use a repellent?

also, how did you treat the bites?

I have a pair of sharp tweezers for tick removal. I usually take them with me for wild camping.
The midges weren't biting yet. I used to use Avon Skin So Soft and it worked fairly well, but I've moved on to Smidge which is more expensive but easier for me to get.
I'll be getting a head-net for this summer as I think we are in for a bumper crop of the little blighters this year.

vorwahr 14-04-2014 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_stag (Post 1062055846)
I have a pair of sharp tweezers for tick removal. I usually take them with me for wild camping.
The midges weren't biting yet. I used to use Avon Skin So Soft and it worked fairly well, but I've moved on to Smidge which is more expensive but easier for me to get.
I'll be getting a head-net for this summer as I think we are in for a bumper crop of the little blighters this year.

There's two stages to a midgie attack ,
first you fear you might die
Then you fear you might not .

:D

old_stag 31-05-2014 08:38 PM

I was stumbling down Glen Buckie last night late on and wandered into a massive mayfly hatch. The air full of creatures with just a day to live was quite something to see. Respect to nature.

truthspoon 31-05-2014 09:22 PM

Few beers in the local bar near work then home to get stoned as fck on Moroccon hash.

Playing Bob Marley in the bar 'Is this love?' as I type.

It's either Pink Floyd, Dire Straits or Bob Marley in this bar. Nothing else. Not bad vibes for Morocco.

terrien 02-06-2014 02:11 AM

Our landlord just kicked us out because he's having a kid and wants the house back. So it's back to mom's to work on a record and a book. No work this summer!

vorwahr 03-06-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate (Post 1062114747)
Few beers in the local bar near work then home to get stoned as fck on Moroccon hash.

Playing Bob Marley in the bar 'Is this love?' as I type.

It's either Pink Floyd, Dire Straits or Bob Marley in this bar. Nothing else. Not bad vibes for Morocco.

Say high to ressistance .

old_stag 09-06-2014 02:24 PM

I've been away wild camping through the Southern Highlands and even after just six days of sleeping in the wild you notice the differences when you come back to the city.
There is mess and dirt everywhere. Dog dirt all over the street, people dropping litter and chewing gum plastered all over pavements. Our society (Well I am talking about Scotland) is careless, thoughtless and heartless.
People stick their head down and walk past ignoring you unless they want to stare at you for some reason.
It makes me laugh when people I work with ask me if I'm not scared sleeping out in a tent in the countryside, when the walk to get to work at night is where the real danger lies.
Anyway, here's to the countryside, and sleeping under the stars.

hagrid 10-06-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom bombadil (Post 1061753076)

let us know how you get on Tom, don't be a stranger:D

peabrain 10-06-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_stag (Post 1062122844)
I've been away wild camping through the Southern Highlands and even after just six days of sleeping in the wild you notice the differences when you come back to the city.
There is mess and dirt everywhere. Dog dirt all over the street, people dropping litter and chewing gum plastered all over pavements. Our society (Well I am talking about Scotland) is careless, thoughtless and heartless.
People stick their head down and walk past ignoring you unless they want to stare at you for some reason.
It makes me laugh when people I work with ask me if I'm not scared sleeping out in a tent in the countryside, when the walk to get to work at night is where the real danger lies.
Anyway, here's to the countryside, and sleeping under the stars.

amen:), just as long as we get some clear nights to see the stars:D In saying that
wild camping in any weather can still be a great experience with the right equipment and attitude, oo and the right company aswell , nothing worse than moaners tagging along:D

old_stag 11-06-2014 06:14 PM

Let's see if I can work out how to post a picture. This is my pitch on the hills high above Loch Tay when I was hiking the Rob Roy way recently.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...14Part2056.jpg