David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   The Global Awakening (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Let's enter unity consciousness (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=186231)

jconnar 29-12-2011 02:58 PM

When you want nothing, then everything becomes an unexpected gift

anders lindman 29-12-2011 04:53 PM

Many spiritual teachers look tense behind a fake facade of serenity, and many of them have died in diseases like cancer. That's an indication of repressed emotion.

A person who has the firm belief of inevitable aging and death will not be able to relax fully and by necessity will have a mind that is in inner conflict.

In unity consciousness you don't have to die, which means that your mind can relax in a real sense.

So, it's up to you: choose the path of aging and death, or enter unity consciousness.

hierophant 29-12-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060477126)
Many spiritual teachers look tense behind a fake facade of serenity, and many of them have died in diseases like cancer. That's an indication of repressed emotion.

A person who has the firm belief of inevitable aging and death will not be able to relax fully and by necessity will have a mind that is in inner conflict.

In unity consciousness you don't have to die, which means that your mind can relax in a real sense.

So, it's up to you: choose the path of aging and death, or enter unity consciousness.

nice teaser for unity consciousness :p

converse argument: would that mean your body will live forever when you keep your subconscious mind clean of repressed emotions and when you hold the firm belief you can't die? hmmm...

anders lindman 29-12-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hierophant (Post 1060477465)
nice teaser for unity consciousness :p

converse argument: would that mean your body will live forever when you keep your subconscious mind clean of repressed emotions and when you hold the firm belief you can't die? hmmm...

He he. :D Yes, the body can live forever when in unity consciousness since there is then no separation between the self and the universe.

Even in dualistic consciousness reversing aging will probably become possible, and through technology there will be a move towards unity consciousness (even the Internet is a first small sign of unity consciousness).

Then what about if the universe will die a heat death? That seems to me merely a feverish nightmarish misconception by the current limited understanding in science. Kevin Kelly has a more correct view imo about what is called extropy:

hierophant 29-12-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060477500)
He he. :D Yes, the body can live forever when in unity consciousness since there is then no separation between the self and the universe.

Even in dualistic consciousness reversing aging will probably become possible, and through technology there will be a move towards unity consciousness (even the Internet is a first small sign of unity consciousness).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnBZ6Cn8Kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnBZ6Cn8Kk

Then what about if the universe will die a heat death? That seems to me merely a feverish nightmarish misconception by the current limited understanding in science. Kevin Kelly has a more correct view imo about what is called extropy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4mHbUq-pb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4mHbUq-pb4

very nice info, but... in all these attempts to reach a state named unity consciousness there is a doer who tries to get something or become someone. that is ego consciousness.

my advise would be to put all your effort in getting rid of the 'doer' (the big paradox of spiritual practice).

because what opas23, jeff foster and a few others are pointing to is that the nondual state is not like alice in wonderland meets aladdin and the magic lamp but consists of just 'this' - what 'is' - without any distinction from 'something else'. as 'this' is all that ever has been and ever will be, how can more happiness be possible?

p.s.: i'm also still working on it :)

hierophant 29-12-2011 07:12 PM

bhakti / surrender

ramana maharshi strikes again:

"[...] The other way is to kill the ego by completely surrendering to the Lord, by realizing one's helplessness and saying all the time, 'Not I, but Thou oh Lord' and giving up all sense of 'I' and mine, and leaving it to the Lord to do what he likes with you. Complete effacement of the ego is necessary to conquer destiny, whether you achieve this effacement through self-enquiry or bhakti marga (Path). [...]"

hierophant 29-12-2011 07:24 PM

jeff foster's take on surrender:

http://www.nondualitynetwork.com/may...2#.Tvy9b0rza7E

http://www.nondualitynetwork.com/jun...1#.Tvy9tkrza7E

(you can listen to the whole clip in preview mode, especially part 2 is relevant)

:)

anders lindman 29-12-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hierophant (Post 1060477567)
very nice info, but... in all these attempts to reach a state named unity consciousness there is a doer who tries to get something or become someone. that is ego consciousness.

my advise would be to put all your effort in getting rid of the 'doer' (the big paradox of spiritual practice).

because what opas23, jeff foster and a few others are pointing to is that the nondual state is not like alice in wonderland meets aladdin and the magic lamp but consists of just 'this' - what 'is' - without any distinction from 'something else'. as 'this' is all that ever has been and ever will be, how can more happiness be possible?

p.s.: i'm also still working on it :)

The ego can reach unity consciousness by dropping the false belief in total separation. Then the individual person still remains, but as the universe in action.

hierophant 29-12-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060477670)
The ego can reach unity consciousness by dropping the false belief in total separation. Then the individual person still remains, but as the universe in action.

i don't know. might be like that. perhaps there can be a total annihilation of the ego as well? or different stages of insight? i really can't tell until i haven't found it out through direct experience. but the other great paradox seems to be that nobody can tell when they have found out... lol

opas23 29-12-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060477500)
...the body can live forever when in unity consciousness since there is then no separation between the self and the universe.

Can I just ask you if there is an ongoing and first hand experiential clarity, which has been seen to be lasting over the appearance of time with regard this 'unity' as you call it?

Thx.:)

opas23 29-12-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060477670)

Again, is this something which is 'known' through lasting experiential and actuality within and as the ongoing and immanent moment for the apparent and everyday 'you', Anders?

anders lindman 30-12-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hierophant (Post 1060477750)
i don't know. might be like that. perhaps there can be a total annihilation of the ego as well? or different stages of insight? i really can't tell until i haven't found it out through direct experience. but the other great paradox seems to be that nobody can tell when they have found out... lol

Yes, it must be tested to know for sure. Maybe the ego will not survive, but my theory at the moment is that the ego will survive and that it's only the sense of total separation that needs to be dropped.

anders lindman 30-12-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opas23 (Post 1060477836)
Again, is this something which is 'known' through lasting experiential and actuality within and as the ongoing and immanent moment for the apparent and everyday 'you', Anders?

I don't know it as an actual experience yet. It's a hypothesis that must be tested to see if it's true.

The idea is that I will be able to keep the "me" with the difference that the "me" and the "not me" will be realised as being the same wholeness in motion.

opas23 30-12-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060478513)
I don't know it as an actual experience yet. It's a hypothesis that must be tested to see if it's true.

The idea is that I will be able to keep the "me" with the difference that the "me" and the "not me" will be realised as being the same wholeness in motion.

You don't know! Why not stop right there, or is the 'thinking' incapable of doing that, and always promising that it may be 'true' as you put it.

An idea/guess/hypotheses which is built upon a foundation of hope.

'Hope' is an interesting concept which drives the thinking to think more about what the imaginary future may have, for the completely conceptualized thinker.

All of the examples of how to apparently put so called awakening or unity off or distort and slow it down have been perfectly exemplified by your posts mate.

Let your posts be a shining example for any seekers to now know what not to do.

I must admit I've never in all my years communicated with a more entrenched and identified persona than the wonderful example you have shared in this thread.

I must admit that many a time this thread has had me pissing myself laughing at the absolute epitome of what an apparent 'ego' actually is.

Any time anyone is confused over what the ultimate and attached egoic traits may be, I will point them towards this thread and say, "There ya go, read this shite, the guy is absolutely shit scared of the actuality of having it really happen for himself and would rather guess and theorize about what he thinks it may be."

So thankyou for the shining example Anders.

It makes me wonder sometimes...it really does.

You're an intellectual arsehole mate....make no mistake.

Namaste,

Opas23.:)

THE END!!!

anders lindman 30-12-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opas23 (Post 1060478706)
You don't know! Why not stop right there, or is the 'thinking' incapable of doing that, and always promising that it may be 'true' as you put it.

I'm trying another path than the ordinary nonduality teachings. Things like mindfulness and inner body awareness practice are excellent. What I don't like about the nonduality teachings is the claim that "there is no doer". I think of myself as a co-creator which means that there is an individual doer.

jconnar 30-12-2011 01:43 PM

Go where ever your truth takes you.

Go also where the fear is. If there is fear there about losing your identity then go into to find out why? There must be a real reason yes?

anders lindman 30-12-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jconnar (Post 1060479601)
Go where ever your truth takes you.

Go also where the fear is. If there is fear there about losing your identity then go into to find out why? There must be a real reason yes?

Hmm... Yes, I have a kind of fear of losing my individuality. At least a resistance against the idea.

jconnar 30-12-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060480321)
Hmm... Yes, I have a kind of fear of losing my individuality. At least a resistance against the idea.

So what is the reason for this fear? You probably don't know the answer so its good to look deeply and find out if the fear has any basis or not

anders lindman 30-12-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jconnar (Post 1060480404)
So what is the reason for this fear? You probably don't know the answer so its good to look deeply and find out if the fear has any basis or not

Because I don't like to feel helpless. Plus it seems to me that it would be boring without an individual self.

jconnar 30-12-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060480508)
Because I don't like to feel helpless. Plus it seems to me that it would be boring without an individual self.

Why, why and why?

Why do you feel helpless, why would it be boring.

You have to go deeper. Its beliefs built upon beliefs, be completely honest with yourself.

Its like peeling the layers of the onion away. What is the belief at the core.