David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   The Global Awakening (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Let's enter unity consciousness (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=186231)

anders lindman 08-10-2011 09:01 PM

Mindfulness training is very useful for entering unity consciousness. Especially the ability to observe one's own thoughts. Eckhart Tolle says that the ego is when we are totally identified with our own thoughts. That's a pretty good definition of the ego.

When we observe our own thoughts, a new kind of choice becomes available to us. We can then choose to let our awareness move in another direction than to only be stuck, or even worse lost, in thoughts.

Instead of being stuck in the thinking mind, let your awareness move out into the environment around you. Your awareness flows outwards in a sphere that expands out from your body. That whole sphere is your mind. Now you no longer are identified merely with a separate and personal thought world in your head. Your mind suddenly pops out from its confined prison in the head and into the world around you.

anders lindman 08-10-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsallinus (Post 1060269769)
Yeah guys it's very simple really, why have one excellent merged thread when you can have two :D

Two perspectives of the same idea, see how they manifest together yet apart, any patterns etc..

...I need to get out more...(and spread this like a positive virus ;))

Three threads actually. The Mayan thread is a lot about unity consciousness too. One alternative is to move this thread to the Meditation / Human Consciousness / Spirituality / Ascension / 2012 Mayan Calendar section.

itsallinus 08-10-2011 09:06 PM

As you stop thinking and allow your being it can feel odd at first, the urge to have thoughts without thinking of this is tough but subsides as long as you remain still and allowing. Soon it becomes a task to have a thought and leave that whole you feeling (just one way of describing it).. and don't allow guilt to convince you to think either! Only when you want. :)

anders lindman 08-10-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsallinus (Post 1060269807)
As you stop thinking and allow your being it can feel odd at first, the urge to have thoughts without thinking of this is tough but subsides as long as you remain still and allowing. Soon it becomes a task to have a thought and leave that whole you feeling (just one way of describing it).. and don't allow guilt to convince you to think either! Only when you want. :)

Eckhart Tolle said that the ordinary mind is addicted to thinking, or something like that. What I guess could happen is that thinking becomes a part of the subconscious! Which means that the thinking is something that goes on without our conscious mind having to bother with it, unless it wants to. Precisely as breathing functions. Our breathing is taken care of by our subconscious. We don't need to bother with our breathing unless we want to.

itsallinus 08-10-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060269802)
Three threads actually. The Mayan thread is a lot about unity consciousness too. One alternative is to move this thread to the Meditation / Human Consciousness / Spirituality / Ascension / 2012 Mayan Calendar section.

'Tis true. Glad you guys posted them wherever they are .

anders lindman 08-10-2011 09:38 PM

What exactly is unity consciousness? One definition is that unity consciousness is consciousness without the false sense of total separation.

What, then, is a false sense of total separation? Separations of course exist in reality. The letters in this sentence are separate from each other for example. However, the letters are not totally separate from each other (although they are experienced as such). Each point in space is connected with every other point in space. So even the separate letters are connected at the deepest level of reality. Total separation is to overlook this fundamental level of existence where everything is connected.

verndewd 08-10-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsallinus (Post 1060269769)
Yeah guys it's very simple really, why have one excellent merged thread when you can have two :D

Two perspectives of the same idea, see how they manifest together yet apart, any patterns etc..

...I need to get out more...(and spread this like a positive virus ;))

and theres that point too. I just want to express that the direction is more important than taking credit. I am quite intent on that.

Anders , when you manifest infinite consciousness in the here and now and do so in a group youre doing unfathomable light work. You really need to open your minds eye to see how that works. Its really the only light work we need to do . Once we manidest the infinite light here we then conduct our lives based on that establishment. it changes everything.

anders lindman 08-10-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verndewd (Post 1060269910)
and theres that point too. I just want to express that the direction is more important than taking credit. I am quite intent on that.

Anders , when you manifest infinite consciousness in the here and now and do so in a group youre doing unfathomable light work. You really need to open your minds eye to see how that works. Its really the only light work we need to do . Once we manidest the infinite light here we then conduct our lives based on that establishment. it changes everything.

I'm thinking of posting about unity consciousness as a kind of light work. I don't really know what light work means but basically it has to do with working towards rising the level of human consciousness I guess.

anders lindman 08-10-2011 10:28 PM

Eckhart Tolle has said that suffering is nature's unconscious way of making us evolve. That's very accurate I think.

Suffering sucks. And it seems to be a very slow means for making us evolve. So, then what to do about the horrible suffering?

Let suffering heal your heart. When you suffer, feel your heart. Stay in your heart with conscious awareness until both your heart and the suffering relax.

dolores1 09-10-2011 01:13 AM

Tell me about it!!!!!

anders lindman 09-10-2011 01:45 AM

Feel your suffering in your whole field of awareness. That awareness includes the awareness of your thoughts. The suffering reflects your thoughts. When your thoughts are in harmony the suffering goes away.

Accept the suffering and recogise it as a warning signal. The suffering tells you that your thinking is wrong. Change your thinking. Change the thinker. Change the very root of the thinker.

Let your thinking and your suffering change at the same time. Notice how your mind doesn't know how to deal with the suffering other than try to numb it. This is because your mind itself is the cause of the suffering.

Relax your mind. Relax the effort of trying to deal with the suffering. Let your mind be guided by the suffering into peace and clarity. The more inner peace the more healing and with that healing the suffering stops.

anders lindman 09-10-2011 02:21 AM

Kundalini Yoga for Unity Consciousness :D

Disclaimer: I'm not sure about the below yet.

Elderly people get a very rigid spine. Even children have the beginning of a rigid spine. This is because of the mind numbing out suffering. And it is also a result of ego consciousness.

To reverse that trend, the mind has to be changed. Allow your mind to be changed by suffering so that the spine becomes flexible. Then you will start to feel a fresh feeling of energy start flowing within your nervous system, including in the brain and in your spine.

anders lindman 09-10-2011 07:53 AM

When we move from ego consciousness to unity consciousness, then how can we distinguish thoughts of the ego from unity consciousness thoughts?

All thoughts are from the ego because the self is still totally identified with the thoughts. There is then suffering in all thoughts.

Therefore, recognise your thoughts as suffering and instead of following your thoughts move your awareness into the body and out into the environment around you.

Allow all your thoughts to be and identify them as suffering instead of who you think you are. Then your thoughts become a warning signal showing how you need to move in another direction with your awareness.

anders lindman 09-10-2011 03:06 PM

One prediction is that unity consciousness will make the body feel good. This makes an excellent hypothesis for testing using the scientific method. If unity consciousness really makes the body feel better then we can test this by starting to distrust our ego consciousness to allow the body to heal and start to feel better.

Instead of following the thinking of your mind, the ego consciousness, put your conscious awareness into the body. Then check if your body starts to feel better. In the beginning it will be like: hell no, my body feels awful and this tedious exercise of feeling it more makes it feel even worse! But keep at it. To really test the hypothesis you need to give it a chance. Making the body feeling worse is actually a good sign, because it shows that you are starting to awaken the body out of the numbing down the ego has done to it all your life.

anders lindman 09-10-2011 03:46 PM

Is ego consciousness bad? Absolutely not. The ego is like an eggshell that is needed for our development. Then it comes a time when the eggshell needs to be broken. When we have reached a point of being fed up by our own ego it's time to shatter it. This can be done by shifting our conscious awareness away from our thinking and into the body. That's a simple practice that can be done anytime in our everyday lives, even when standing in line at the supermarket or in a meeting at work. And it can be done just for a few seconds, or for long periods of time. And it can be done whenever you feel like it so that you don't need to plan for it, although you could do that too.

The conscious attention we put into the body increases the aliveness of the energy field within. This helps to dissolve the ego shell.

Here is Eckhart Tolle talking about inner body awareness:

jconnar 09-10-2011 03:59 PM

anders lindman 09-10-2011 04:15 PM

I have been thinking that New Age believers' talk about ascension and things like that sounded like way too outrageous fantasies. But in one sense those ideas are good in that they prevent too small expectations.

Putting awareness into the body will not likely produce any New Age ascension but nevertheless the expectation of what the result will be should be very high. The result should be that of feeling super good, not just some mediocre improvement.

Expect the body to start healing when you move your conscious awareness away from thinking and into the body. Expect your body to start reversing its biological aging! Now we are bordering on New Age ascension stuff but I think it's important to have a high enough expectation to allow for full healing and to allow for unity consciousness to emerge.

anders lindman 09-10-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jconnar (Post 1060271535)

From about 4:30 Tolle talks about how the body becomes rigid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LSSjeqf5kA#at=270

anders lindman 09-10-2011 04:49 PM

A more hardcore practice is to have awareness inside the body ALL THE TIME. :D I will try it for the next few days. There will of course be many times when I forget about it :mad: but the intention is to have my awareness inside the body all of the time. :cool:

bemore 09-10-2011 05:18 PM

Why cant Verndewds light work and Anders unity conciousness come together......maybe not merge threads but work side by side???

To me "light work" would not disregard anything with positive intent......and I cant see how "unity consciousness" cannot work without some of the aspects that Vern phrases.

Your using different tools with different names but the INTENT is still there........without Intent we would have nothing.

Maybe not work together now...but it would be cool if the two could be joined somewhere down the line and our intent focused more definitivly.