David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   The Global Awakening (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Let's enter unity consciousness (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=186231)

anders lindman 03-03-2012 10:23 PM

In summary, fear is felt in the present moment, while what the fear is about is in the future. And it's possible to separate awareness of the now from awareness of past and future. Only thoughts related to time need fear. And since the fear is always about the future there is no need to feel fear in the present moment when the future can be dealt with equally well without it.

This means that the feeling of fear can be removed while keeping the usefulness of fear as protection as long as the fearful thoughts are treated the same way with or without the emotional content attached.

And it's the emotional content of fear that is what leads to stress and disease. Therefore removing the feeling of fear leads to improved physical, emotional and mental health. The emotional content is a remnant of evolution, the fight-or-flight response, that has become a part of psychological fear in us humans. While that function is useful for running away from tigers, it's not much use for running away from financial problems, yet the body mistakenly behaves as if that's what it needs to do.

anders lindman 03-03-2012 11:55 PM

If it's that easy in theory to remove the feeling of fear, then why hasn't the experts in psychology already discovered that? Maybe because there is a conspiracy going on that's why. :mad: A conspiracy to keep the public emotionally dumbed down so that the masses can more easily be manipulated and controlled.

That's why it's sometimes useful to find out things for oneself instead of blindly trusting other authorities on spirituality and even on science. When you trust an authority without really having a true knowledge of the subject yourself, you risk being fucked pretty badly.

But of course, the idea that the feeling of fear can be removed in the way I described in the recent posts must be tested to see if it really works in practice. And I will test it on myself to see if I can walk the talk.

anders lindman 04-03-2012 01:15 AM

Just remember to be aware of such shit ananda and shit such like that. :p:confused::rolleyes::D

jconnar 04-03-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060655818)
Just remember to be aware of such shit ananda and shit such like that. :p:confused::rolleyes::D

whats ananda

anders lindman 04-03-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jconnar (Post 1060655950)
whats ananda

"Sat-Chit-Ananda

Sat-Chit-Ananda is a triple consciousness. Sat is existence, Chit is consciousness and Ananda is bliss. You can separate them if you want to and, at the same time, you can take them as one." -- http://www.yogaofsrichinmoy.com/the-...t-chit-ananda/

:D

heartbeatsalute 04-03-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman (Post 1060656009)
"Sat-Chit-Ananda

Sat-Chit-Ananda is a triple consciousness. Sat is existence, Chit is consciousness and Ananda is bliss. You can separate them if you want to and, at the same time, you can take them as one." -- http://www.yogaofsrichinmoy.com/the-...t-chit-ananda/

:D

Excellent Anders Lindman!

The second most important definition, which is
in the same category as Satyam-Shivam-
Sunderam, is Sat-Chit-Anand.

Sat means truth; Chit means consciousness;
Anand means bliss. Certainly, in any definition,
truth is going to be the essential part that
cannot be dropped. It is the experience of
ultimate truth – just as in the first definition, in
the second definition sat remains the most
prominent.

But two new things come in: consciousness and
blissfulness.

The first definition, although beautiful –
tremendously beautiful – will not become the
experience of many, because the talent to be a
poet is rare. The second definition is going to
be the experience of many more.

Meditation brings you to the final peak of
consciousness – that is chit, exactly in the
middle. On one side is truth; on another side is
bliss. As meditation flowers, you find that on
one hand truth has revealed to you all its
mysteries and on the other blissfulness is
showering all its treasures on you...

– Osho
Sat Chit Anand, ch. 1

anders lindman 04-03-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartbeatsalute (Post 1060656032)
Excellent Anders Lindman!

The second most important definition, which is
in the same category as Satyam-Shivam-
Sunderam, is Sat-Chit-Anand.
– Osho
Sat Chit Anand, ch. 1

I hope it wasn't blasphemy when I called it Such-Shit-Ananda. :o But I guess Osho would approve of that. :D

heartbeatsalute 04-03-2012 03:36 AM

LOL none of that friend. :D
Although jokingly I have called it shit -shit ananda also.

anders lindman 04-03-2012 03:37 AM

I like the idea of keeping fear as thought and removing only the feeling of fear because it's based on simple logic and isn't dependent on spirituality or religion or science or presence of ego or absence of ego or anything like that.

And it's a step towards unity consciousness without being dependent on unity consciousness. So it's an idea that stands on its own.

anders lindman 04-03-2012 10:49 AM

anders lindman 04-03-2012 11:53 AM

"Can you let your body become supple as a newborn child's?" -- Tao Te Ching, Chapter 10 | http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/co...ote-v3.html#10

That quote is a quantitative statement. Over 2,500 years old! It's probably possible to devise scientific experiments to measure that, but you can check it directly in your own body. Basically all people, regardless of age, even children, have pretty stiff, rigid and inflexible bodies.

The lack of suppleness is a result of inner conflicts. And there are deep conflicts within the mind that cause the body to become inflexible and less and less supple as the body ages.

Letting the body become supple is therefore about resolving the conflicts in the mind. And since the mind itself is operating based on those conflicting mental patterns some kind of mindfulness approach or something similar is needed. Here again inner body awareness practice is useful.

anders lindman 04-03-2012 12:33 PM

Videos for more hardcore studies :D:

anders lindman 04-03-2012 01:03 PM

Oh my. I have watched a bit of the science videos about stress. And in the first video the presenter said that the mind's relation to stress generation is hardwired in the brain, and I got the impression that it meant that it can't be changed. But is that true? It's clearly shown by many researchers how the fight-or-flight response is functioning incorrectly when it comes to psychological stress. Why not correct that misguided stress response?

Sure, it seems like a very hard nut to crack but can it be done? Can the psychological stress response be corrected? I think it can.

jconnar 04-03-2012 01:39 PM

Yes it can.

Remember the ego causes the flight or fight response as the ego is there to protect the body.

anders lindman 04-03-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jconnar (Post 1060656870)
Yes it can.

Remember the ego causes the flight or fight response as the ego is there to protect the body.

Hmm... Yeah, what Eckhart Tolle and other spiritual teachers are talking about is actually a change of the fight or flight response. Interesting.

anders lindman 04-03-2012 02:02 PM

Anger is definitely related to stress and fear. Here is a presentation about anger:

hierophant 04-03-2012 03:36 PM

ho' oponopono

according to hawaiian shamanism, to achieve oneness all you need to do is erase "old data" from the subconscious mind by using inquiry, forgiving affirmations and by taking 100% responsibilty for yourself.

here's what can happen when you apply it correctly:
http://rosariomontenegro.hubpages.co...th-Hooponopono

very interesting video with the guy in the above story:

:)

hierophant 04-03-2012 03:54 PM

in one way or another, all nonduality schools point out that true healing can only take place in a lovingly accepting presence towards your inner conflicts. when you are totally aware of the problems and can totally accept them, they eventually can be let go of.

my 3-step plan therefore would be:

1) learning to quiet the mind with meditation >>> practicing aware presence

2) writing down and talking about specific reoccurring thought patterns >>> opening the subsconscious mind

3) devoting yourself to the conflicts with pure awareness and radical acceptance >>> letting go

yet, it's not absolutely up to your own effort. there is also a powerful force outside of the realms of your ego control that has to come in and lend support. you might call this force divine will or grace.

this is what all nonduality can be boiled down to imo.

hierophant 04-03-2012 05:04 PM

today i've been to a technics museum where they had a game called "mindball" () in which your brainwaves and the brainwaves of an opponent player would move a ball on a magnetic table. the lower the waves are, the more the ball moves to the side of the other player. when the ball reaches the end of the line on the other side you have won the game. what i found strange was that my brainwaves, even when i went into empty mindful awareness sometimes shook out higher than the level of my sister's boyfriend who could therefore beat me a few times in a row although he never did meditation before!

does that mean there are still covered, unexplored layers in my mind? what can brainwaves tell about the mind's activity, if they can at all?

anders lindman 04-03-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hierophant (Post 1060657334)
today i've been to a technics museum where they had a game called "mindball" (Mindball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) in which your brainwaves and the brainwaves of an opponent player would move a ball on a magnetic table. the lower the waves are, the more the ball moves to the side of the other player. when the ball reaches the end of the line on the other side you have won the game. what i found strange was that my brainwaves, even when i went into empty mindful awareness sometimes shook out higher than the level of my sister's boyfriend who could therefore beat me a few times in a row although he never did meditation before!

does that mean there are still covered, unexplored layers in my mind? what can brainwaves tell about the mind's activity, if they can at all?

And what if someone has a lot of stressful brainwaves, yet not much emotional stress? It's the emotional stress that causes disease (such as glucocorticoid hormones).