David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   hi (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=204375)

mikeevans 19-03-2012 09:47 PM

hi

What is the best time of day to meditate?

godspeed 19-03-2012 10:27 PM

Hi

Early morning and early evening is best ....;)

tom bombadil 19-03-2012 11:26 PM

Ignore the time of day. Use any moment to meditate as your will seems fit.

Not to poo poo the former post but to add to it. That time of day is something that could dictate what events will follow, so its best to ignore time if you can.

Saying that, If you feel the need to do it at sun rise or sun down then that is not strictly using the clock as you are doing it when the light dictates and some do find it calming. I meditate best at night (past 1 or 2 am) and outside.

isabeau 19-03-2012 11:27 PM

I fall asleep no matter when I meditate.
I could do with someone banging a gong over my head every 10 mins.
I set an alarm now in case I drop off.

vagrant 19-03-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isabeau (Post 1060701453)
I fall asleep no matter when I meditate.
I could do with someone banging a gong over my head every 10 mins.
I set an alarm now in case I drop off.

Zen Buddhist monks drink green tea to keep them awake during meditation, caffeine is an alkaloid found in tea and has stimulant properties.

Peruvian shaman drink tea made from jungle plants and herbs when they are meditating, these also have stimulant properties. ;)

ceti 20-03-2012 02:15 AM

Can anyone show me a basic introduction that works?

I should find out myself but i cant.Is there a good you tube thing or guide anywhere?Thanks.:)

ceti 20-03-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceti (Post 1060701808)
Can anyone show me a basic introduction that works?

I should find out myself but i cant.Is there a good you tube thing or guide anywhere?Thanks.:)

Thats in regard to any form of meditation by the way,something you found that works will probs work for me .

dharmanation 20-03-2012 02:30 AM

This is a really good introductory video where he talks about mantra meditation specifically (the most popular form of meditation).

quietgirl 20-03-2012 09:43 AM

Hi mikeevans, and welcome to the Forum! :)

I do Transcendental Meditation (TM), which is practised twice a day: early morning (preferably before breakfast) and early evening (before supper). Other meditation systems differ - what suits one person might not suit another, but TM suits me. (Although lately I've not be as regular with it as I should!). It's not something you can teach yourself though - you need to find a qualified TM teacher.

Mandy

isabeau 20-03-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagrant (Post 1060701531)
Zen Buddhist monks drink green tea to keep them awake during meditation, caffeine is an alkaloid found in tea and has stimulant properties.

Peruvian shaman drink tea made from jungle plants and herbs when they are meditating, these also have stimulant properties. ;)