David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   David Icke's books (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   David icke books (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=305787)

awake1 11-03-2016 07:29 PM

David icke books

Is it just me or is david icke just releasing the same book over and over again just with a different name ? I have just finished reading phantom self and have to say I got bored reading it as I've already read it all in his last books .theres a few contradictions to things he's said before too.sorry david if you read this I am a keen follower of your work but I feel we're going round in circles here now

getagrip 11-03-2016 08:01 PM

Wouldn't know. Still waiting on my copy to arrive. :)

gremlin 11-03-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getagrip (Post 1062694554)
Wouldn't know. Still waiting on my copy to arrive. :)

Read mine.......:cheerleader:

:lol:

getagrip 11-03-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gremlin (Post 1062694556)
Read mine.......:cheerleader:

:lol:

Fook off! :D

gremlin 11-03-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getagrip (Post 1062694559)
Fook off! :D

:rose:

getagrip 11-03-2016 08:20 PM

:p

whatsinaname 11-03-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awake1 (Post 1062694523)
Is it just me or is david icke just releasing the same book over and over again just with a different name ? I have just finished reading phantom self and have to say I got bored reading it as I've already read it all in his last books .theres a few contradictions to things he's said before too.sorry david if you read this I am a keen follower of your work but I feel we're going round in circles here now

What are the contradicitions?

supertzar 11-03-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Last one I bought was Children Of The Matrix and I thought that was a retread of The Biggest Secret. The Biggest Secret was the shit. I read that at the bookstore chapter by chapter before I bought it. There was a huge display at the bookstore right where you walk in. Being obsessed with Weird Shit I zeroed in on it immediately.

awake1 11-03-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsinaname (Post 1062694574)
What are the contradicitions?

I've heard him say that we are here having an experience and we must want to come here no ones holding a gun at us saying get in that body ,but in the book he says we are forced back here by going into the light

whatsinaname 11-03-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awake1 (Post 1062694581)
I've heard him say that we are here having an experience and we must want to come here no ones holding a gun at us saying get in that body ,but in the book he says we are forced back here by going into the light

With no explanation as to why he now thinks the latter?

awake1 11-03-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsinaname (Post 1062694586)
With no explanation as to why he now thinks the latter?

Yes that's what I mean ,I am not trying to attack David in anyway I have followed his work for years and admired him for his bravery in standing out from the crowd I'm just a bit disappointed with his latest book :peace:

whatsinaname 11-03-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awake1 (Post 1062694592)
Yes that's what I mean ,I am not trying to attack David in anyway I have followed his work for years and admired him for his bravery in standing out from the crowd I'm just a bit disappointed with his latest book :peace:

I know what you mean. I've noticed a few things, too. I'm all for people modifying their ideas for whatever reason, but I also need an explanation as to why they have...

Shiyoken 11-03-2016 09:08 PM

If you consider the former to be on behalf of the first time our Consciousness decided to come here, and on the first death, we walk towards the 'light' (lower caps, because its the Archon realm/hack of the afterlife going back home/other experiences), compared to 'LIGHT' which is the direct route home to source. Then we are forced back down here by them; just like how we humans control the reincarnation cycle of Animals; basically: "NO ONE ESCAPES!", then I can't see the condradiction?

But I know what you mean though. I think he is 'updating' himself and probably didn't put it across coherently or that this updated information contradicts the old because its much closer to the Truth then the old was in the first place.

I dunno lol...

cosmic tramp 11-03-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Said it before, I'll say it again, the lad needs a good editor ( David would probably see that as censorship). But honestly Dave, you could save a lot of trees, still get over the same info using about a third of the paper. We can all rattle on for pages and pages expressing our innermost driving topic/belief/passion etc . That's the easy bit. Painfully paring and pruning it down not so. Yet to achieve such brevity and accessibility, would I believe, widen your readership and following immensely. I know your followers run into the millions now, doesn't mean to say they're all so expansively literate enough to sit down and pore over several hundred pages every time. Sorry ( I do but I'm a bit of a bookworm geek).

markritter 09-04-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

I bought a few and thought that a lot of the content was the same.

markritter 09-04-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmic tramp (Post 1062694631)
Said it before, I'll say it again, the lad needs a good editor ( David would probably see that as censorship). But honestly Dave, you could save a lot of trees, still get over the same info using about a third of the paper. We can all rattle on for pages and pages expressing our innermost driving topic/belief/passion etc . That's the easy bit. Painfully paring and pruning it down not so. Yet to achieve such brevity and accessibility, would I believe, widen your readership and following immensely. I know your followers run into the millions now, doesn't mean to say they're all so expansively literate enough to sit down and pore over several hundred pages every time. Sorry ( I do but I'm a bit of a bookworm geek).

Maybe he should do condensed version of all the best bits? I suppose people would then say it was just another repeat though.

tommorgan 30-07-2016 02:57 AM

I treat the books as text books so all I expect from a new David Icke book is an updated version of the existing information and some additional information relating to what has transpired between now and the previous publication. If you want different content read the 9/11 expose Alice in Wonderland and the WTC Disaster or read And The Truth Shall Set You Free for information pertaining to the major historical events of the twentieth century.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertzar (Post 1062694576)
Last one I bought was Children Of The Matrix and I thought that was a retread of The Biggest Secret.

Children of the Matrix expands upon the content introduced in The Biggest Secret. In particular there is a lot of additional information and speculation in it about the reptilians. I strongly disagree that it is a retread.

cosmic tramp 30-07-2016 03:31 AM

So far have read :

Robots Rebellion
Biggest Secret
Phantom Self
Children of the Matrix
Alice in Wonderland - 9/11 Disaster
Global Conspiracy

Currently Reading Perception Deception and enjoying it.

Thematically, they are pretty much the same but there is new and different stuff in each one, ( background and foreground) that keeps you reading on. All thoroughly and densely researched. I still do keep it in the back of my mind this is David's journey...not mine and he says as much in "Biggest Secret". For me, the best one he's written yet.

Still can't quite get my heart/head round his offered solution offer i.e.
" I am all there ever was and all there can be " He may feel like that. I don't. And I have neither a superiority or inferiority complex. But then again, I haven't had his wondrous spiritual enlightenment experience in Peru or on ahuyasca. He's very privileged to have had it (his encounter(s). So why can't we all have it ?!! What I'm trying to say is I am "awake" but not quite in the same way he is. So is David Icke truly Universal or is he just a skilled and convincing researcher/writer/performer-presenter ? As readers are we just his passengers ?

As for the rest of it - can't fault it: his spiritual, political, religious, scientific, historical research is thorough, flawless and insightful. He must work his butt off accumulating and assimilating all the information he does. Very impressed with his bibliographies. The man is a pack horse. The prehistory Reptile stuff seems at least plausible from his source work. I do get a bit bored with the symbology aspect of it, but it's got me analysing every old building, monument and even brand logo I see.

Neil Hague's superb illustrations are important as part of the whole package, offering a pictorial version of what he's trying to express in words. There aren't many writers who keep me engaged and awake as late at night as David Icke ! Brave man too. He pulls no punches
in exposing what the 'big' and the 'powerful' have been getting up get up to ( wonder what they actually say about him between themselves ???) Don't you get law suits filed against you every other week , David ? Because if you don't that in itself is very telling. Silence screams volumes.

I'd like to meet the guy one day, I think we'd probably get on alright.

pound 30-07-2016 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommorgan (Post 1062771179)
Children of the Matrix expands upon the content introduced in The Biggest Secret. In particular there is a lot of additional information and speculation in it about the reptilians. I strongly disagree that it is a retread.

Absolutely agree. I can confirm, having read both books, that they are quite different in some parts. As you said Children of the Matrix is largely a massive revision, expansion and update of The Biggest Secret. To say that both books are identical is just simply wrong.

kizzie 30-07-2016 07:34 AM

All his books are stand alone books so I would expect them to be along the same lines

I feel David is here to wake people up or help those just waking up
Its up to me then to research and find the path that suits me. David's path is not mine to walk he just guided me up to the crossroads.