David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   The Paranormal & Mysteries (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Weird Creepy Phone Call I Experienced Yesterday (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=323884)

size_of_light 13-02-2019 09:50 AM

Weird Creepy Phone Call I Experienced Yesterday

For what it's worth in me assuring you of the fact, this story is 100% true...

Yesterday at work, I had to call a bunch of lapsed customers, yada, yada, and I dialled a specific number.

The call connected and I heard this electronic whirring sound. It sounded like something electronic revolving, making a kind of purring, whirring, rotating sound, that gradually became louder. The sense was that the source of the noise was slowly spinning closer to the phone, if you know what I mean.

And then that sound melted into this deep, villainous laughter, kind of like the classic muhahaha sound made to denote evil mirth. It was a human-sounding voice, but with an electronic edge to it, which was a remnant of the original whirring sound from which it had arisen.

It went muhahaha....muhahaha...muhahaha...and then that was replaced by another version of the same 3-laugh sequence, that sort of overtook it as if coming from a deeper, more sinister place.

And then the same thing again, only less uniform and perfect, and more idiosyncratic; a genuine evil cackle of someone on the other end of the line.

I'm sitting there listening to this thinking: "Fuck, this is weird," not really realizing just how weird it was at the time, because of the context of being at work and just wanting to get the job done and move onto the next call.

But I kept listening and it slowly dawned on me that this was fucking weird!

I almost put it on loudspeaker for my colleagues to check out, but they're the typical bunch of office people who would be unnerved by anything unusual and unable to compute what was going on so I resisted the urge.

Finally, the laughter switched to a not quite standard recorded female voice saying "The number you have dialled is disconnected".

I hung up and dicked around for a bit, still thinking about what had just happened.

Then I called again.

As soon as the call connected, the voice was still laughing (no whirring, rotating build up), followed by the disconnected message after about 60 seconds.

Later in the day, I called back.

The only thing at the end of the line was the standard disconnected message.

I've called it several times since, and every time it is just the standard message.

There's more to the story, which I'll post later if anyone is interested.

oz93666 13-02-2019 10:20 AM

If had to put money on it someone has a electronic device/message to deter double glazing callers or other unwanted calls . He switches it on when he sees certain numbers ....

from search ...Lapsed customer ... "Essentially, a lapsed customer is a customer who has not made a repeat purchase within a time frame that you have defined..."

So this poor guy is not buying your product often enough for your liking , so you pester him with phone calls!

size_of_light 13-02-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz93666 (Post 1063059258)
If had to put money on it someone has a electronic device/message to deter double glazing callers or other unwanted calls . He switches it on when he sees certain numbers ....

from search ...Lapsed customer ... "Essentially, a lapsed customer is a customer who has not made a repeat purchase within a time frame that you have defined..."

So this poor guy is not buying your product often enough for your liking , so you pester him with phone calls!

Good thinking, but it definitely wasn't anything like that.

You're here in Aus, right Oz?

I'll pm you the number tomorrow if you like (it's a WA number) and you can tell me what you get.

It should now be a standard Telstra 'not connected' message.

oz93666 13-02-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by size_of_light (Post 1063059259)
Good thinking, but it definitely wasn't anything like that.

You're here in Aus, right Oz?

No , sol , as per 'my location' (under avatar) I'm resident in Thailand...

I suspect if you searched "deter unwanted calls" or similar , you may find a company selling the message/product used.

berten60 13-02-2019 12:59 PM

Maybe make a recording of it,next time you call?
And put a link to it in here?...:Luv Heart:

I think a phone technician has tampered with
the "The number you have dialled is disconnected"-recording,
then restored the recording to it's original version once he saw
the number of connections to it,fearing for his job I guess...

decim 14-02-2019 12:31 AM

SOL you're freaking out maaan!??

Dude111 14-02-2019 01:39 PM

If its a disconnected # what is it bud??

Maybe we can call and see if we get the same :)

size_of_light 14-02-2019 06:31 PM

Have had login problems on my laptop since posting the above.

Will reply / give more details tonight, my time (6.40 am atm).

size_of_light 14-02-2019 11:33 PM

The plot thickens...

So I just called Telstra and said I was a friend of the person whose name is attached to the number and asked how long it had been disconnected.

She spent five minutes searching by name and number and there is no record of the number. I asked her if this is unusual (knowing it is, as I worked in connections for Telstra years ago) and she confirmed it was odd.

Yesterday I had a hallelujah moment when I realized my original weird call would have been voice recorded on the Purecloud phone system. But when I searched the call log for the previous day, I found there is no record of the number having been dialled!

Luckily I had the presence of mind immediately after the original call to take a photo of the computer screen while I still had the customer details up, so there is hard evidence that it did actually autodial the number in question.

Bizarre.

And there's more bizarre to come...

decim 15-02-2019 12:56 AM

AI phucking with you.

size_of_light 15-02-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berten60 (Post 1063059263)
Maybe make a recording of it,next time you call?
And put a link to it in here?...:Luv Heart:

I think a phone technician has tampered with
the "The number you have dialled is disconnected"-recording,
then restored the recording to it's original version once he saw
the number of connections to it,fearing for his job I guess...

A possibility, I suppose, but I think the chances of it are extremely, extremely unlikely and remote, given that I called the number twice within the space of 30 seconds and got the 'evil laughter' and then called it half an hour later (and multiple times since) and just got the standard disconnected message.

What are the odds I would have hit on the number at the precise moment when the rogue technician decided to change the recording back from the prank evil laughter to the standard message?

Also, the facts that the number hasn't subsequently shown up on the Purecloud call log (see above post) and that Telstra (the Australian telecommunications company) strangely doesn't have a record of the number even existing, support the idea that something freaky might have happened.

I'm going to call Telstra twice more on separate occasions to really make sure the number doesn't exist, and also try to feel out our IT guy at work to see if there's another way to find the call on the Purecloud system. I want that damn recording of the call so I can upload it for you guys to hear.

size_of_light 15-02-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decim (Post 1063059352)
SOL you're freaking out maaan!??

Haha.

Actually I'm surprised by how much it hasn't freaked me out.

Knowing that I'm not bullshitting and this really happened, I would have thought the 'evil laughter' thing directed at me would have been a bit unnerving, but it isn't.

It almost felt like whatever it was that was fucking with me injected a slightly over-the-top quality to the 'evilness' of the sound, that hit just the right note between terrifying and ridiculous.

Or maybe I'm just more focused at the moment on how anomalous and interesting it was, and the need to quickly record what happened in writing here before I forget it all, and haven't had the time or desire to feel targeted or threatened.

size_of_light 15-02-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 1063059455)
If its a disconnected # what is it bud??

Maybe we can call and see if we get the same :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by decim (Post 1063059536)
AI phucking with you.

If either or both of you want it, I'll pm you the photo I took of the Purecloud screen, which provides both the phone number and the name of the person attached to it.

I'm not casting negative aspersions on anyone else reading this, but I know and trust you guys, and don't want to post the details on the public forum for a few reasons:

1. Breach of the customer confidentiality clause in my contract.
2. The guy attached to the (now disconnected) number might not - or probably doesn't - have anything to do with what happened, and whatever happened was just piggybacking off the number to fuck with me personally.
3. If the number gets re-allocated to someone else in the future, and I've posted it here for posterity on the public forum, some dickhead might harass that person about it down the track.

You guys can maybe verify to other people reading this that there actually is a photo of the details on Purecloud as I've said, and try the number if you want to see what happens. You can also google the guy's name and confirm the interesting results I got when I did, which I'll post about in a while.

Probably a good idea to read the next few posts from me before agreeing to the pm message with the details, fellas, and you'll understand why I said that when I post it. ;)

size_of_light 15-02-2019 11:27 AM

I've been wracking my brain all day trying to figure out in what sequence to explain this in so that it makes sense in the same way as it does to me.

I'll break it down into smaller posts to make it easier to read.

Gotta start with this thread I posted a while back on the new five-part paranormal investigation documentary series Hellier: https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=323726

I avoided posting spoilers in that thread, but I'm going to have to now.

Watching the entire 5 hours of the series is necessary to get the full effect of it, and would definitely be of benefit to what I'm talking about here, but I appreciate that's a big investment of time for anyone not already motivated to do so, so watching episodes 1, 3 and 5 (full episodes posted at the above link) would suffice.

If you haven't got time for that, here's the *SPOILER* story in a nutshell...

A team of paranormal investigators get a strange email message that they dig into. They find a link to a mysterious entity mentioned in John Keel's Mothman Prophecies, called Indrid Cold.

They go to the town of Hellier, that is the centre of their investigation, and conduct an experimental paranormal technique where they ask questions of supernatural forces while one of the group wears a blindfold and headphones playing white noise.

Out of the white noise, the listener repeats the audio pareidolia messages he hears, which seem to respond to their questions as though a form of communication has been established.

Towards the end of the session, the listener says that the image of a tin can suddenly and inexplicably pops into his head.

In the final episode they trek through the wilderness to an old abandoned mine in the side of a mountain, looking for answers. While exploring the entrance to the mine, their torchlight suddenly reveals that there is a tin can sitting directly in the middle of the cave opening at the mouth of the mine, as if placed there waiting for them.

Months after the investigation, they discover that in one of John Keel's books discussing entities such as Indrid Cold, he mentions that they often manifest in the form of tin cans.

-- Now I've just ruined any surprises you'll get from the series but there was no choice. Still worth watching because that brief synopsis doesn't do it justice, of course. Personally, I got a really palpable, satisfying buzz out of the final revelation that perhaps Indrid Cold himself was the tin can they 'met' at the end of their investigation.

While trying to remain cryptic to avoid spoilers, I posted on this in the above-linked thread about 3 weeks ago:

Quote:

Originally Posted by size_of_light (Post 1063057188)
OK, finished watching the first season (it ends on a nice little cliffhanger/teaser for season 2), and there are some very minor spoilers/observations for the last episode below...

* How did they miss the connection between 'the door is closed' message from Wriste, and the 'sound of a car door slamming' phenomena Keel mentions in his book??? I was practically screaming at them to notice this.

* IC = tc? Haha, an awesome little revelation to end with that tickled me where I itch. I wonder if they took 'tc' with them? Probably not a good idea...

So the IC above = Indrid Cold and tc = tin can.

size_of_light 15-02-2019 11:52 AM

Imagine you're me now, and you've just listened to the weird 'evil laughter' phone call.

I sat there for a bit afterwards thinking "That was strange. Was that strange? Oh well. Work to do. No, that was strange, wasn't it? Was it strange? Why was that strange?"

I GUARANTEE if I ever find the recording, even the hardest skeptic would have to admit: "OK, that was fucking strange."

Yet immediately afterward, I was still asking myself if what I had heard was strange, like there was some kind of amnesia or blocking effect in my mind that almost made me forget it forever on the spot.

Then I realized I had taken a photo of the computer screen with the call details, which is something I've never done for anything before, and looking at this made me appreciate that what I'd heard must have been genuinely strange.

So I called back as explained earlier, and got the laughter again.

After this, I thought some more about it, and suddenly remembered (had totally forgotten about it during the call) that sometime earlier in the day, I had been browsing the Icke forum between work tasks, and had looked at the Hellier thread again with my non-spoiler post about IC = tc, and said to myself: "I really want to talk about Indrid Cold."

size_of_light 15-02-2019 12:11 PM

Later that day, on the way home from work, I suddenly remembered again - as if I had totally forgotten about it - that that morning on the bus on the way to work, I had posted this in the Brian Cox thread ( https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=323797 ):

Quote:

Originally Posted by size_of_light (Post 1063059063)
Explained in the first post.

I don't 'like' paranormal phenomena, I just consider it important. Because it is obviously a thing.

And I dislike foppish gits who claim it isn't because 'we understand science so well' when theoretical physics is headed in the opposite direction to that claim (as well as covert research into remote viewing and psi phenomena etc.).

He is either monumentally stupid or just trying to trick a bunch of frustrated old housewife ducks who watch banal morning TV into keeping their heads up their asses with his effeminate pretty-boy 'expert' routine.

When I re-read that on the bus after posting, I thought about it and asked myself: "Is it true that I don't like paranormal phenomena?" I answered myself right away: "It is true. Because liking paranormal phenomena is a bad idea. It would be inviting it into your life."

And yet several hours later, just before the weird phone call, I was saying to myself: "I really want to talk about Indrid Cold."

The fact that I was recalling this sequence of directly connected events in reverse, as if fighting against the tide of some kind of imposed amnesia, is the significant point to me.

There's more...

size_of_light 15-02-2019 12:30 PM

It wasn't until yesterday morning my time (the morning after posting the OP of this thread describing the weird phone call) that I again suddenly recalled something I had completely forgotten about that happened to me three mornings earlier, the morning of the day before the phone call...

I walked out to my car to get something from it before work at 6am. It was still dark and I stood out there finishing a cup of coffee. I live in the country and noticed above a row of pine trees looking east an incredibly bright star that I assumed was Venus (I'm still yet to check if Venus was anywhere in that vicinity at the time). As I kept looking at it, I realised that it looked more like an aircraft and seemed to be moving closer.

It looked like a chunky, brightly shining object hanging silently in the black pre-dawn sky and slowly moving towards me.

"Is that a star? Is it moving? No, it's Venus. No, it's a plane. It's definitely moving. Is it a UFO? That thing is moving and it's coming closer."

All those sorts of thoughts were going through my mind as I'm looking at this thing and finishing my coffee.

I know about atmospheric distortion effects and how easy it is to mistake a planet or bright star for something anomalous.

Still don't know if it was a star/planet or something else.

Remember, this happened well before my thoughts about wanting to talk about Indrid Cold, or about inviting the paranormal into your life, and neither of those things, or the Hellier thread were in my mind at all at 6am on a work morning when all I wanted to do was go back to bed.

And suddenly, the thought popped into my mind: "It's Indrid Cold."

I felt a cold wave of fear pulse through me for a second or two as I felt that it really was Indrid Cold coming for me.

And then the next moment my rational brain kicked in, I emptied my coffee and said aloud to no one: "Fuck this. I haven't got time for this bullshit," and turned away to go inside and feed the cat and iron a shirt before work.

Totally quashed the idea on the spot and forgot all about it until days later after the phone call.

I don't know if I'm conveying all this in a way that makes sense, but to summarise, these events all seem to have been erased from my mind immediately after they happened, and all centred around Indrid Cold/inviting the paranormal, and then I get the weird phone call and I have these flashes of revelation remembering the events in reverse order.

In John Keel's The Mothman Prophecies, he speaks about Indrid Cold's involvement and details the way he was plagued with mysterious, electronically-tinged voice phenomena phone calls during and well after his investigations.

Much more to add, but that will do for now.

cosmicpurpose1.618 15-02-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by size_of_light (Post 1063059256)
For what it's worth in me assuring you of the fact, this story is 100% true...

Yesterday at work, I had to call a bunch of lapsed customers, yada, yada, and I dialled a specific number.

The call connected and I heard this electronic whirring sound. It sounded like something electronic revolving, making a kind of purring, whirring, rotating sound, that gradually became louder. The sense was that the source of the noise was slowly spinning closer to the phone, if you know what I mean.

And then that sound melted into this deep, villainous laughter, kind of like the classic muhahaha sound made to denote evil mirth. It was a human-sounding voice, but with an electronic edge to it, which was a remnant of the original whirring sound from which it had arisen.

It went muhahaha....muhahaha...muhahaha...and then that was replaced by another version of the same 3-laugh sequence, that sort of overtook it as if coming from a deeper, more sinister place.

And then the same thing again, only less uniform and perfect, and more idiosyncratic; a genuine evil cackle of someone on the other end of the line.

I'm sitting there listening to this thinking: "Fuck, this is weird," not really realizing just how weird it was at the time, because of the context of being at work and just wanting to get the job done and move onto the next call.

But I kept listening and it slowly dawned on me that this was fucking weird!

I almost put it on loudspeaker for my colleagues to check out, but they're the typical bunch of office people who would be unnerved by anything unusual and unable to compute what was going on so I resisted the urge.

Finally, the laughter switched to a not quite standard recorded female voice saying "The number you have dialled is disconnected".

I hung up and dicked around for a bit, still thinking about what had just happened.

Then I called again.

As soon as the call connected, the voice was still laughing (no whirring, rotating build up), followed by the disconnected message after about 60 seconds.

Later in the day, I called back.

The only thing at the end of the line was the standard disconnected message.

I've called it several times since, and every time it is just the standard message.

There's more to the story, which I'll post later if anyone is interested.

TL;DR

I'm interested to hear your story but all I saw was a wall of text... Maybe make it a little more digestible next time, for lazy people like me.

size_of_light 15-02-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicpurpose1.618 (Post 1063059591)
TL;DR

I'm interested to hear your story but all I saw was a wall of text... Maybe make it a little more digestible next time, for lazy people like me.

I never read anything longer than a few paragraphs myself, but this was more about getting the details down before I forgot them, than anything else.

Short version: made a call at work, call connected, heard spinning, electronic sound followed by electronically-tinged evil laughter for about a minute, and then 'the number is disconnected' message. Called straight back, got the laughter again.

Called half an hour later (and since), and no laughter, just the disconnected message.

size_of_light 15-02-2019 10:31 PM

As I said earlier, I wont publicly disclose the disconnected number or the person whose name is attached to it, because they more than likely have nothing to do with what happened.

Theory (just a theory): A discarnate trickster spirit along the lines of Indrid Cold, used the technology to communicate.

If so, perhaps it chose the phone number of a person whose details, when researched, would convey more information that it wanted to get across.

I googled the guy in question and found that he is a member of a fundamentalist Christian church who believe in the literal interpretation of scripture...