David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Forum Talent / Promote Yourself (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Forum Muso's thread....post your stuff! (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=5991)

thirdwave 16-07-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krakhead (Post 1122921)
Tried to buy - seems paypal having problems right now and it wouldn't let me log in :( Will try later - it said only 7 available! You better save me one! :D

How'd the gig go? And where are you selling your cd? Obviously you can't advertise so if you tell only me by replying to this post and everyone else agreeing not to read your reply, then it's not advertising! ;)

:D

it not advertising, it offering things to my friends :)

The first 500.000 went in the first day...so it slowing down now so the 7 should be ok :)..

gig went ok, though had a few things we needed to address... as a unit we are still relatively new so need things to iron out and stuff... great jam last week though...

We are doing an open air fest gig, in East Grinsted... bout 500 peeps.. on a farm.. live tents and dance tents.. camping..so on... should be a good weekend.. mid august...
any bands interested there might be one or two slots going.. if your quick.. let me know.

armoured_amazon 16-07-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdwave (Post 1122939)
We are doing an open air fest gig, in East Grinsted... bout 500 peeps.. on a farm.. live tents and dance tents.. camping..so on... should be a good weekend.. mid august...
any bands interested there might be one or two slots going.. if your quick.. let me know.

Gosh, that'll be so much fun...unfortunately our drummer's packing her bags and seeking her fortune in London so we're looking for new drummer. :mad:

thirdwave 16-07-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1122944)
Gosh, that'll be so much fun...unfortunately our drummer's packing her bags and seeking her fortune in London so we're looking for new drummer. :mad:

ahh drummers, pain in the arse as its important to have a solid one.. lots up that end of the country though I bet..

well they might be doing an acoustic set... if your interested PM me and I can give you an email...

the farmer has done it the last 4 years and are meant to be pretty cool.. though this one he wants more live bands..

armoured_amazon 16-07-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdwave (Post 1122957)
ahh drummers, pain in the arse as its important to have a solid one.. lots up that end of the country though I bet..

well they might be doing an acoustic set... if your interested PM me and I can give you an email...

the farmer has done it the last 4 years and are meant to be pretty cool.. though this one he wants more live bands..

I know, and she's great too. We'll get her in for recording, but she's just turned 21 and wants to experience the bright lights, so I wish her well.

Do you know what date it is? I have some solo gigs booked. Did you see my second Tunecore post? :)

thirdwave 16-07-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1122964)
I know, and she's great too. We'll get her in for recording, but she's just turned 21 and wants to experience the bright lights, so I wish her well.

Do you know what date it is? I have some solo gigs booked. Did you see my second Tunecore post? :)

no, not seen anything on tunecore, too busy arguing with people :)

the event is on 21st/22nd August.

thirdwave 16-07-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1122933)

seen it now.. looks pretty cool...

armoured_amazon 16-07-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdwave (Post 1123060)
no, not seen anything on tunecore, too busy arguing with people :)

the event is on 21st/22nd August.

LOL :D

Yeah, it seems useful, but for me, it's getting round to putting all the stuff together. I have some free time coming up, so I'm going to knuckle down.

thirdwave 16-07-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1123193)
LOL :D

Yeah, it seems useful, but for me, it's getting round to putting all the stuff together. I have some free time coming up, so I'm going to knuckle down.

yeah well there are lots of tools to use now on line... you can at least make your stuff available without having to go through business's

armoured_amazon 17-07-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdwave (Post 1123231)
yeah well there are lots of tools to use now on line... you can at least make your stuff available without having to go through business's

That's the best thing about the digital age. Aside from illegal downloading, it gives artists power. And illegal downloading hurts the big labels more than anything, ha.

I shall abstain from carousing with them!

thirdwave 17-07-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1123306)
That's the best thing about the digital age. Aside from illegal downloading, it gives artists power. And illegal downloading hurts the big labels more than anything, ha.

yeah it certainly exposed their greed.. the only reason they "struggle" is because they wont except the new way..

astrochicken 17-07-2009 12:26 PM

Tunecore actually looks pretty good to me,

lazytechnician 17-07-2009 04:48 PM

Hip Hopish:

http://www.myspace.com/qcontrol
http://www.myspace.com/controlledbeats

Dubstepish:

http://www.myspace.com/ztech100

armoured_amazon 17-07-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrochicken (Post 1124190)
Tunecore actually looks pretty good to me,

Me too :)

They also do hard copy CDs if you want them; it's got pretty much everything the artist needs.

skyhighatrist 20-07-2009 03:22 PM

Anybody looking for a decent guitar?

Yamaha SF-500

From back when they were made in Japan.

Hope this isn't breaking any site rules.

krakhead 20-07-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdwave (Post 1122895)
ok a few peeps were interested in getting a copy of my new EP... it takes ages to go through itunes where we are registering it... and we are still setting up a way of selling our music on line..

Received the EP today - been on repeat since I opened it this morning! :)
Awesome stuff there fella :)

C'mon AA - where's some new stuff from you?

Fight! Fight! Fight! :D

Actually - you two should do a joint tour and make sure you play Wales! :D

krakhead 20-07-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1123306)

I will generally only download stuff from major labels, if an artist in self-releasing or on a (proper) indie label then I'll download to listen then, if I like it, I buy it - I think that's only fair.

I have previously just paypal'd a band some money when I got hold of one of the releases on a torrent - they were really landed! :D

armoured_amazon 20-07-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krakhead (Post 1131978)
Received the EP today - been on repeat since I opened it this morning! :)
Awesome stuff there fella :)

C'mon AA - where's some new stuff from you?

Fight! Fight! Fight! :D

Actually - you two should do a joint tour and make sure you play Wales! :D

ha, that would be fun :) Working on some new tunes atm, put some more up a couple of months ago on myspace.

krakhead 20-07-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoured_amazon (Post 1132398)
ha, that would be fun :) Working on some new tunes atm, put some more up a couple of months ago on myspace.

Well they're no good on there! I hate myspace and get really annoyed by it - put them somewhere I can hear them properly! :D Or better still - send me a cd! :D

armoured_amazon 20-07-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krakhead (Post 1132430)
Well they're no good on there! I hate myspace and get really annoyed by it - put them somewhere I can hear them properly! :D Or better still - send me a cd! :D

Soundclick? :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=798736

astrochicken 21-07-2009 10:08 AM

One of mine.. still in production

I believe the truth will set you free

I don't believe the papers,
i don't believe the news
'cos all that they serve you are opinionated views,

I don't switch on my tv, as all they do is lie
i don't need no programming telling me what to buy.

But i believe, i believe the truth will set you free

I don't believe in aliens,
and i don't believe in god,
i don't believe in war or the reasons why they're fought,

I don't believe celebrities
pretending to be what they ain't
"Make poverty history", they sing, posing as saints

I don't believe the justice system
will give you what you deserve,
it's all run by bent-judges and lucifer they serve.

I don't believe that banks are honest,
they'll fleece you to the bone,
and when there's nothing left to get, they'll even take your home

But i believe, i believe the truth will set you free.