David Icke's Official Forums (https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php)
-   Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition (https://forum.davidicke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Transitioning to Vegan (https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=319065)

old_stag 30-09-2017 06:02 PM

Transitioning to Vegan

Well after 9 years of being a vegetabletarian it's time to make the leap to being a full on carrot munching tree-humper.
I'll have to finally learn to cook properly; goodbye scrambled eggs, I loved you once.
It looks like my industrial sized caffeine intake will finally be lowered. I tried sweetened almond milk today and it is truly bowfing.
So vegans among us, any tips to help me on my way?

saty 02-10-2017 06:26 PM

I want to know why were you a vegetarian for so long and what made you switch your diet to vegan?

decim 03-10-2017 07:25 AM

Lectins.

Not good.

sylias 05-10-2017 09:06 PM

Vegan all the way pal :)

tamlinn 05-10-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decim (Post 1062964595)
Lectins.

Not good.

This is something I wish we could find the truth on. So many agendas and so much false science.

Daisy101 06-10-2017 09:34 AM

I've been vegetarian since 11 and I know that I should be vegan
and I'm on goats milk and free range eggs but that's still bad for animals I know.

The reason I'm not vegan is because I love cake, chocolate and dislike many vegetables.
I dislike tofu - quorn is ok. And my kids - one is vegetarian the other eats free range meat - so it would cost me more. I already spend hours checking labels as my child has a nut allergy. Checking everything is vegan - I wouldn't know where to start - I guess you don't buy any packaged products lol.

If they start making vegan fast food let me know.

But seriously - better skin, hair, nails, health, look younger - so many good reasons to go vegan . Good luck - if you know of any simple recipe books let us know.

elshaper 06-10-2017 07:30 PM

You know...you want it! Let me tempt ya. :evilgrin:
Oh, have to go all the way to Hackney.....
Gotta be in West London this Saturday...buying me Grenfell t-shirts y'all. ;)

EDIT: Even better old stag!
Go to McD. :eek: Cashin' in I guess. ;)

Quote:

Behold the McVegan: McDonald’s is finally trialling a vegan burger
http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/06/behold...urger-6980949/
Would ya?

Daisy101 06-10-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elshaper (Post 1062965965)

Would ya?

What food do you hate eating? I'll post a photo for you to tempt you...duh!

elshaper 06-10-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy101 (Post 1062965994)
What food do you hate eating? I'll post a photo for you to tempt you...duh!

Maggots. :puke:

Just in case you didn't realise, the photo I posted above is a vegan pie. *facepalm*

Daisy101 06-10-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elshaper (Post 1062966001)
Maggots. :puke:

Just in case you didn't realise, the photo I posted above is a vegan pie. *facepalm*

I'm not vegan lol just as well - that looks disgusting.

old_stag 07-10-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saty (Post 1062964346)
I want to know why were you a vegetarian for so long and what made you switch your diet to vegan?

Man, that's not an easy question to answer without going into a long and boring life story so I'll try and keep it short.
9 years hasn't seemed so long, it flies past pretty quickly. Too quickly. Then it just felt like the right time for me, both in terms of healthy eating and spirituality.
As for now, I hadn't planned on going vegan last week, but suddenly it was just the right time for me. I had thought about it before and it will take me a while to transition.
I haven't eaten any dairy in the last week, but i did wear a dead animal on my feet when I went hiking on Thursday. (His name...was....Geoffrey..:cry:)

old_stag 07-10-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elshaper (Post 1062965965)

Would ya?

It's good to see vegan food becoming so popular that the mainstream are starting to cater for it, (they are just chasing money), but on a wider scale, Do i want to support McDonald's at all? I don't think I do.

donjuan 07-10-2017 09:10 PM

I heard some idiot say “if I could just cut out the carbs and the sugar I could lose some FAT”. The level of brainwashing is crazy, it’s right in front of their FAT faces and still they fail to see. You’d think people would’ve learned from the history of the tobacco industry.

the apprentice 07-10-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_stag (Post 1062963991)
Well after 9 years of being a vegetabletarian it's time to make the leap to being a full on carrot munching tree-humper.
I'll have to finally learn to cook properly; goodbye scrambled eggs, I loved you once.
It looks like my industrial sized caffeine intake will finally be lowered. I tried sweetened almond milk today and it is truly bowfing.
So vegans among us, any tips to help me on my way?

I can give you one tip, be careful not to wear shoes made from all plastic, they contain huge amounts of urethane/poison basically which is slowly and readily absorbed by the feet into the blood stream, feet are one of the most absorbant parts of the body being moist most of the time.
When we were young mother used to put garlic into our socks to help ward off colds, after a few days it works its way right through the body and you can actually smell a slight odour on your breath, it definately works as I have described.
Another part of the Vegan change over is, you often se them buying products made from vedgetables but called silly things like vedgetable sausages, all seems rather pointless to me, but good luck with your new ways, but don't tell me that I didn't Quorn You, just kidding.

observed 08-10-2017 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donjuan (Post 1062966342)
I heard some idiot say “if I could just cut out the carbs and the sugar I could lose some FAT”. The level of brainwashing is crazy, it’s right in front of their FAT faces and still they fail to see. You’d think people would’ve learned from the history of the tobacco industry.

I hear a lot of people say they're cutting out sugar and carbs to lose weight. The irony.

And I notice at work a lot of people just drink lots of coffee and barely eat. It's like working with incompetent grumpy sloths. They need sugar and carbs to work.

tinfoil hat 08-10-2017 07:40 AM

I would have thought wearing plastic, something that isn't good for the environment would be far worse for the animals than wearing shoes made from the leather of cows already killed for meat.

the apprentice 08-10-2017 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinfoil hat (Post 1062966393)
I would have thought wearing plastic, something that isn't good for the environment would be far worse for the animals than wearing shoes made from the leather of cows already killed for meat.

What I see is a conservation of energy model, the animals we eat are by and large from the human farm and not predominantly from nature or un-farmed/wild if you like.
The bi-product of this food chain is leather and to not use it and simply discard something like that is rather silly, the animal that would not have lived unless we raised it for a said purpose, would not have lived at all.

Then we have the complete opposite side of the reality sphere, we have huge conflict the world over for oil or stored sunlight, here millions of humans are being decimated for plastic and fuel for the same engine that drives it all, so its a catch 22 situation regarding pro or anto meat, can anyone see the complete irony here.

Its like digging and planting a vedgetable garden and leaving everything for nature to consume it and you go hungry instead.

tinfoil hat 08-10-2017 01:20 PM

Some folk will always eat meat because they see it as normal, natural behaviour.
So the Vegans are probably doing less damage by wearing leather that's already there to be used.

Plastic just turns into dust eventually, which will get into the food chain.
Floating islands the size of Texas made from plastics.
Animals trapped inside plastic containers.

Its plastic we should be using less of.

Doesn't loads of land need to be turned into farm land if we all became Vegans?

the apprentice 08-10-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinfoil hat (Post 1062966456)
Some folk will always eat meat because they see it as normal, natural behaviour.
So the Vegans are probably doing less damage by wearing leather that's already there to be used.

Plastic just turns into dust eventually, which will get into the food chain.
Floating islands the size of Texas made from plastics.
Animals trapped inside plastic containers.

Its plastic we should be using less of.

Doesn't loads of land need to be turned into farm land if we all became Vegans?

In this book by

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Th..._(Toffler_book)

There is talk of the population being in the mega cities and on a vedgetable diet, this trait is being pushed very hard today.
Newt Gingrich actually handed copies of this to the senate from the steps as they were leaving, this is where they want to take us I'm sure.
But the kind of diet they are proposing is going to be a subsistance diet with barely enough calories to function properly, leaving those on it very limited in what they do, GM crops are so designed to grow like this, basically rubbish frankin food.
I have freinds who are vegan and they tell me the best vedge diet is from purely organic food that you grow yourself, if you cannot do this it is a very expensive way to eat, because more input is needed to match the raw energy of meat and animal protien, which is a subject I concentrted on in my medical studies as a medic, we also did the reserch into how many calories a grown adult needed before they began to be vulnerable in the dissaster situation.

After leaving the forces I did my own reserch into this phenomenon and called it "The 12 Day Rule", where we dropped our calorific levels until we reach 500 per day and the results were staggering, when comparing the animal protien versus plant protien, and a mixture of both, 12 days at rest and in the dry in winter time was about the limit a fit healthy adult would last on a balanced diet.
Then one has to take into account of the growing seasons and what food was available in what ever climate and or country you found yourself.

Here we are a 75% vedge 25% meat balance, including eggs and milk, so mostly vedgetable, mainly home made soups in the winter time using our own vedge and fruit which is only 45% in house and that is on a good growing season, to go off grid and vegan it would be bloody hard working your five acre plot to survive.
Eggs and milk or non destructive attributes where the animals are not killed and you gain very little, because you have to work that much harder to grow enough food to feed the animals as well.

Believe you me I have done my homework on this subject and would advise anyone wanting a purely vegan diet only to be aware of the factory farmed and sprayed foods on offer to make it affordable.

If you do go part vegan, IE, eggs and milk, using the leather from the much loved animal when it dies is a must if you want chemical free footware and other needed quality clothing, because as I mentioned earlier, you don't want to be wearing plastic on your feet, better to walk in leather sandles or on bare soil during summer.

Hope that help.

tinfoil hat 08-10-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the apprentice (Post 1062966520)
In this book by

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Th..._(Toffler_book)

There is talk of the population being in the mega cities and on a vedgetable diet, this trait is being pushed very hard today.
Newt Gingrich actually handed copies of this to the senate from the steps as they were leaving, this is where they want to take us I'm sure.
But the kind of diet they are proposing is going to be a subsistance diet with barely enough calories to function properly, leaving those on it very limited in what they do, GM crops are so designed to grow like this, basically rubbish frankin food.
I have freinds who are vegan and they tell me the best vedge diet is from purely organic food that you grow yourself, if you cannot do this it is a very expensive way to eat, because more input is needed to match the raw energy of meat and animal protien, which is a subject I concentrted on in my medical studies as a medic, we also did the reserch into how many calories a grown adult needed before they began to be vulnerable in the dissaster situation.

After leaving the forces I did my own reserch into this phenomenon and called it "The 12 Day Rule", where we dropped our calorific levels until we reach 500 per day and the results were staggering, when comparing the animal protien versus plant protien, and a mixture of both, 12 days at rest and in the dry in winter time was about the limit a fit healthy adult would last on a balanced diet.
Then one has to take into account of the growing seasons and what food was available in what ever climate and or country you found yourself.

Here we are a 75% vedge 25% meat balance, including eggs and milk, so mostly vedgetable, mainly home made soups in the winter time using our own vedge and fruit which is only 45% in house and that is on a good growing season, to go off grid and vegan it would be bloody hard working your five acre plot to survive.
Eggs and milk or non destructive attributes where the animals are not killed and you gain very little, because you have to work that much harder to grow enough food to feed the animals as well.

Believe you me I have done my homework on this subject and would advise anyone wanting a purely vegan diet only to be aware of the factory farmed and sprayed foods on offer to make it affordable.

If you do go part vegan, IE, eggs and milk, using the leather from the much loved animal when it dies is a must if you want chemical free footware and other needed quality clothing, because as I mentioned earlier, you don't want to be wearing plastic on your feet, better to walk in leather sandles or on bare soil during summer.

Hope that help.

Nice post mate, but it doesn't help, as I don't want to become Vegan.

My point had nothing to do with becoming Vegan, it was pointing out nature loving Vegans are actually making decisions that hurt nature by accepting plastics as a substitute.