Woke Witchfinder General Laurence Fox’s new party could be the breath of fresh air UK politics

Woke Witchfinder General Laurence Fox’s new party could be the breath of fresh air UK politics needs

Damian Wilson

is a UK journalist, ex-Fleet Street editor, financial industry consultant and political communications special advisor in the UK and EU.

28 Sep, 2020 14:58 / Updated 14 hours ago

Actor Laurence Fox is the unlikely leader of a new political movement looking to reclaim British values and pride in our heritage. Liberals are appalled, but it’s going to be fun watching him rattle the establishment.

You can already tell how the liberal establishment feel about a new political party when their bible, The Guardian, headlines its story “Laurence Fox launching political party to ‘reclaim’ British values,” using the oh-so-knowing single quotes cuddling the infinitive to suggest a folly from the outset.

That punctuation device is often used when speaking, fingers wiggling around an imaginary word written in the air, to mock and dismiss the very idea with a tedious teenage sarcasm. ‘Reclaim’ British values? Oh, of course, it’s that unreconstructed dinosaur Laurence Fox banging on with his young fogey attitudes.

The Guardian readers do not care for Mr Laurence Fox. They thought he was one of their own. After all, he’s a luvvie actor, a singer, songwriter, cousin of the delightful Emilia and son of a dynasty of posh-speaking British actors. He was even in ‘Lewis,’ the popular television detective series for heaven’s sake. 

And when it became clear that Mr Fox was not actually on the same page as them politically, well, he needed to be told in no uncertain terms how beastly he had turned, what a disappointment he had turned out to be and then cast aside, to be shouted down in future or simply ignored like the rabble he had clearly become.

And his crimes?

Why, he said the treatment of Meghan Markle by the British public and the media did not amount to racism. Out loud! On BBC ‘Question Time’!

He also said it was “odd” to see a Sikh soldier in a scene in 1917, a film about World War I. And then, in the unforgivable act of turning fire on his own, he had a pop at black and working class actors for only criticising the showbiz industry once they had “five million quid in the bank.”

Never mind that a significant proportion of the population would agree entirely with these relatively uncontroversial sentiments, the social justice warriors are out for blood and will do everything they can to destroy him and the Laurence Fox Party.

They do not want Laurence Fox to succeed in his stated mission to “reclaim a respectful nation where all are included and none are ashamed to have somewhere to call home.” And why do his enemies wish him to fail? Well, he’s a white, heterosexual male in his 40s. What else needs to be said?

But it will take more than an orchestrated Twitter trolling to deter father-of-two Fox, already dubbed the Woke Witchfinder General.

He told one interviewer earlier this year: “If you want to eviscerate me for having an opinion, then there’s something extremely wrong with our culture. And if it takes some k***bish d**khead, half-educated t**t like me (to point this out)... I can barely put a thought together, I’m that ill-educated. I mean, I went to Harrow.”

How infuriating for The Guardian that @LozzaFox even has some of that rare commodity in politics – self-awareness. 

The supernova-like birth of a new movement is always exciting, particularly when the cash starts pouring in, the media begins to pay attention and everyone you talk to is supportive and on board. No one, it seems, thinks you’re chasing phantoms. But it’s also a time for caution. The snakes, the self-servers, the egotists and the saboteurs can also see what’s going on.

The scent of success is already working on them. They’ll try to weasel up and claim space within the movement for their own self-aggrandisement, to satisfy an appetite for fame, power or money, and they need to be spotted and distanced very early on.

They’ll write a cheque for the cause and then think you are their personal plaything, ready to be trotted out like a dancing bear, at their command. And that, if it gets out of hand – and believe me, it can happen without you even noticing – is exhausting, draining, demoralising and ultimately self-defeating.

I’ve seen this disturbing behaviour up close at a high level in British politics. I know the damage it can do to a political party and the cancerous effect that these narcissists and psychopaths can have on morale.

If the movement is to grow and Fox is to secure real buy-in, and not just from time-wasting political suck-ups, he needs to ensure a team of reliable lieutenants are on the ball and can articulate a shared vision before releasing them into the wilds of Westminster and beyond to spread the word.

He has attracted £5million in donor funding so far, he has his hands freshly inked with his new twin themes of “Freedom” and “Space” and the battle lines have been drawn in the sand.

It is certainly time for this Fox to run riot in the political henhouse. I can think of nothing more I will enjoy over the coming weeks than seeing the feathers fly.

Yes I read this. I also read that Farage is thinking of starting a new party as a result of Mr Fox doing this, not sure why, but that would make politics really interesting if two new parties emerged.

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

Yes I read this. I also read that Farage is thinking of starting a new party as a result of Mr Fox doing this, not sure why, but that would make politics really interesting if two new parties emerged.

Sod Farage, that snake did one once Brexit was over, neither the gumption or the balls to see it through. We'll see if Mr Fox is not corruptible but it's promising that's for sure. Hopefully the values he preaches are one's that he holds dearly, otherwise he's a fox in sheep's clothing. Pun intended. 

5 hours ago, Someone2630 said:

reclaim British values and pride

This is simply the darkness ... trying to fill in the gaps.   This guy is the typical reptile who's values are basically the EU artifical values and rainbow.  That is why his "party" is all over the newspapers.  Because it does not threaten.  Artificial "values" are slaves repeating what they are taught to repeat whilst they are destroyed.

The Heritage Party is not all over the newspapers because they support real life and therefore personal power for individuals.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

The guy won't get anywhere because he would rather side with paedos than talk about demographics. He is just a pressure release valve.

Oh dear, another fucking moron. I would stick with Farage I'm afraid, at least he's BRITISH and unless he starts on the Woke bullshit, I'll root for him, unless something better pops up.

7 minutes ago, Someone2630 said:

Oh dear, another fucking moron. I would stick with Farage I'm afraid, at least he's BRITISH and unless he starts on the Woke bullshit, I'll root for him, unless something better pops up.

Same. Farage isn't perfect, but he seems like a better option.

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Same. Farage isn't perfect, but he seems like a better option.

You see the whole idea, is to create a few new parties for ONE reason and one reason only. - SPLIT THE VOTE.

Only a fucking moron is going to vote Conservative. Thousands will ALWAYS vote Labour, "becoz me father voted Labour, me granfather voted Labour, we've allus voted Labour. They'r t' only ones fur uz werkers loike, y'know".

But the rest - you should all agree on who to vote for, because if everyone falls into the trap of voting, some for Farage, some for Fox, some for the other wanker, some for Green and the Looney Party, Labour WILL win - again and nothing will get better - only worse.

For huge numbers of people in the UK, they will ALWAYS vote Labour, even if the entire bunch were on trial for war crimes. The only way to defeat them is to consolidate the vote for just ONE candidate.

The problem is that White people just never work together, everyone knows better than the next guy.

3 minutes ago, Someone2630 said:

You see the whole idea, is to create a few new parties for ONE reason and one reason only. - SPLIT THE VOTE.

People are looking to these fringe parties and movements because nobody else will speak up for ethnic Britains. Most of the main parties take the view that anyone can be English for example, or they just won't touch the topic. It's controversial to say in this day and age, but anyone can't just be English. Anyone can be an English national, but not ethnically English. A stamp on a piece of paper wouldn't mean I'm Japanese. If anyone can be British, then Britishness means nothing. Obviously that doesn't mean people that respect British values and our way of life should be made to feel unwelcome though, but we need some sensible debate about the direction demographic trends are going in.

On the whole I agree that it's just to split the vote though.

13 minutes ago, Someone2630 said:

Only a fucking moron is going to vote Conservative. Thousands will ALWAYS vote Labour, "becoz me father voted Labour, me granfather voted Labour, we've allus voted Labour. They'r t' only ones fur uz werkers loike, y'know".

Agreed. What have Conservatives conserved, and what have the progressives progressed? Both sides are a joke.

20 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

People are looking to these fringe parties and movements because nobody else will speak up for ethnic Britains. Most of the main parties take the view that anyone can be English for example, or they just won't touch the topic. It's controversial to say in this day and age, but anyone can't just be English. Anyone can be an English national, but not ethnically English. A stamp on a piece of paper wouldn't mean I'm Japanese. If anyone can be British, then Britishness means nothing. Obviously that doesn't mean people that respect British values and our way of life should be made to feel unwelcome though, but we need some sensible debate about the direction demographic trends are going in.

On the whole I agree that it's just to split the vote though.

Agreed. What have Conservatives conserved, and what have the progressives progressed? Both sides are a joke.

I worked with an Indian who escaped from Idi Amin. He insisted that he was British. I insisted that he wasn't. He was a British CITIZEN, but that didn't make him British. After a long debate, he had to agree with me,

The biggest problem are Jews. They might be British, but their culture is as different to ours as a Chinese or an Afghan. I believe that the British Government should be British and ONLY British. My family tree goes back to the Domesday Book. If you aren't TRUE British then you shouldn't be in the BRITISH Government.

Like you, I have no problem with immigrants, unless they break the law. ONE strike and you are on the next plane out. I'm not talking about a parking ticket. Rape, assault, theft, GBH, shoplifting, burglary anything like that, should send them packing.

Long past time to drain the British swamp.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Someone2630 said:

They can shove that one where the sun don't shine. He looks as British as Robert Mugabe

That's a very dismissive comment to make. Have you read his manifesto? Or are you just making an assumption based on the way he looks?

I've been a supporter and member of UKIP and I can tell you that David Kurten is the real deal and very much British.

I can also tell you that there are a great number of 'non-white' people in the UK who are very much as British as I am, and are not as 'anti-British' as some people would make them out to be.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I don't know much about Kurten tbh, but he has to surely be better than what we have.

It would be hard to find anything worse, except maybe Tony Bliar.

I guess I'm biased, because I mistrust anything that isn't White. So far everyone I've met has a conflict of interest with his own race / religion coming first. I would love to believe that what you say is true, but I would take a lot of convincing. The false cheesy grin is enough to put me off.