Kardashev scale. Civilisation categories

A topic I first came across yesterday(!) But fits in with some of the energy and power detail I've been reading on forgotten languages website. And also ( I believe) a key part of where and why those in control are moving our planet away from fossil fuels. Just wiki entry for now as I try to find out more.

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement based on the amount of energy they are able to use. The measure was proposed by Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev in 1964.[1] The scale has three designated categories:

A Type I civilization, also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy available on its planet.

A Type II civilization, also called a stellar civilization—can use and control energy at the scale of its planetary system.

A Type III civilization, also called a galactic civilization—can control energy at the scale of its entire host galaxy.

Energy consumption estimated in three types of civilizations defined by Kardashev scale

DefinitionEdit

In 1964, Kardashev defined three levels of civilizations, based on the order of magnitude of power available to them:

Type I

Technological level of a civilization that is "close to the level presently attained on Earth, with energy consumption at ≈4×1019 erg/sec" (4×1012 watts).[1] Currently, the civilization of Type I is usually defined as one that can harness all the energy that falls on a planet from its parent star (for Earth–Sun system, this value is close to 1.74×1017 watts), which is about four orders of magnitude higher than the amount presently attained on Earth, with energy consumption at ≈2×1013 watts. The astronomer Guillermo A. Lemarchand stated this as a level near contemporary terrestrial civilization with an energy capability equivalent to the solar insolation on Earth, between 1016 and 1017 watts.[2]

Type II

A civilization capable of harnessing the energy radiated by its own star—for example, the stage of successful construction of a Dyson sphere—with energy consumption at ≈4×1033 erg/sec.[1] Lemarchand stated this as a civilization capable of using and channeling the entire radiation output of its star. The energy use would then be comparable to the luminosity of the Sun, about 4×1033 erg/sec (4×1026 watts).[2]

Type III

A civilization in possession of energy at the scale of its own galaxy, with energy consumption at ≈4×1044 erg/sec.[1] Lemarchand stated this as a civilization with access to the power comparable to the luminosity of the entire Milky Way galaxy, about 4×1044 erg/sec (4×1037 watts).[2]

Kardashev believed that a Type 4 civilization was impossible, so he did not go past Type 3. However, new types (0, IV, V, VI) have been proposed.

Current status of human civilizationEdit

Total World, Annual Primary Energy Consumption.

According to the astronomer Carl Sagan, humanity is currently going through a phase of technical adolescence, "typical of a civilization about to integrate the type I Kardashev scale."

Further information: World energy consumption

At the current time, humanity has not yet reached Type 1 civilization status. Physicist and futurist Michio Kaku suggested that, if humans increase their energy consumption at an average rate of 3 percent each year, they may attain Type I status in 100–200 years, Type II status in a few thousand years, and Type III status in 100,000 to a million years.[3]

Carl Sagan suggested defining intermediate values (not considered in Kardashev's original scale) by interpolating and extrapolating the values given above for types I (1016 W), II (1026 W) and III (1036 W), which would produce the formula

{\displaystyle K={\frac {\log _{10}P-6}{10}}},

where value K is a civilization's Kardashev rating and P is the power it uses, in watts. Using this extrapolation, a "Type 0" civilization, not defined by Kardashev, would control about 1 MW of power, and humanity's civilization type as of 1973 was about 0.7 (apparently using 10 terawatts (TW) as the value for 1970s humanity).[4]

In 2018, the total world energy consumption was 13864.9 Mtoe (161,249 TWh),[5] equivalent to an average power consumption of 18.40 TW or 0.73 on Sagan's interpolated Kardashev scale.

Harnessing the energy using external means.

You can harness energy with tools, fuels, vehicles and so on ... that is materialism.

When you start working on your soul you harness energy inside you, that is "spiritual" and is of a much higher type of society.

• Grumpy Owl changed the title to Kardashev scale. Civilisation categories

This topic is pulling together lots of topics... making sense of the pull away from fossil fuels .....their obsession with haarp and weather, global languages and currencies . Short intro video

Edited by kj35

Type 2 civilisation starts making sense of Saturn moon matrix.. and the moon hack And the enki enlil myths

On 9/27/2020 at 4:12 PM, kj35 said:

The main scientific paper.  I'll read and review. Thanks @lake (to whom I suspect that this is not a new topic  🙂 )

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1985IAUS..112..497K

Ok. The paper hasn't helped it wasn't what I was looking for . I thought it was - hence the request but not having read it. Useful though.  Have found some other interesting stuff however. Will post up shortly

Edited by kj35
On 9/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, kj35 said:

But fits in with some of the energy and power detail I've been reading on forgotten languages website.

While they do reference the Kardashev scale in a few articles, the most interesting to me is the below.

Persistence of Structure

"The classification of stellar civilizations as per the Kardashev scale is solely based on the use of energy by such civilizations. From the point of view of information theory, stellar civilizations are classified as those civilizations of type Data (D-civilization), those of type Information (I-civilization), those of type Knowledge (K-civilization), and that of type Experience (E-civilization). D-civilization (say, Sol-3) is used by I-civilization to generate information, while I-civilization is exploited by K-civilization to generate knowledge, which is finally used by an E-civilization to design and build universes."

"I-civilization controls D-civilization by feeding it with perceptions and memories by stimulating it in order for the D-civilization to perceive a fictitious world. From time to time, I-civilization's probes visit the host planets in which D-civilizations dwell. D-civilizations wonder whether they are inhabiting a simulated reality, designed to emulate true reality, but they ignore how to answer this question. On the other hand, I-civilizations need data to get the information related to whether the world they live in is a simulation or not. K-civilizations process the information generated by I-civilizations in order to get the certainty they do live in a simulated reality. Once they conclude they do live in a simulation, they wonder how they could escape the simulation, a knowledge that is only attainable by the E-civilization. Therefore, all those civilizations need each other. The game is called 'Let's escape the Great Simulation'."

"The only thing a D-civilization can truly be sure of is the reality of its own subjective experiences at that stage. Everything else is questionable, even the existence of other intelligent beings in the Universe. It is a must for an I-civilization to never reveal its existence to a D-civilization, for that would destroy the data it requires to get information. A bit must never be aware of the existence of a data structure, much as a data structure must never be aware of the algorithm that operates on it. Additionally, an algorithm must never be aware it is part of a program, much as a program must never know about the existence of a programmer."

"An E-civilization knows the principles on which to base the final experiment, namely, the experiment to finally settle the question on whether the universe is or is not a simulation. Kaon scattering, if conducted in a specific and detailed way, could probe the limits of the Universe. For the experiment to be run, an E-civilization requires almost the entire energy of the Universe in order to break the physical world and go beyond the local coordinate systems"

"it is key for the experiment to guarantee persistence of structure, and this involves the cooperation of all intelligent beings across the Universe, corner to corner, end to end"

"Nevertheless, assuming that the universe is finite and therefore the resources of potential simulators are finite, then a volume containing a simulation will be finite and a lattice spacing must be non-zero, and therefore in principle there always remains the possibility for the simulated to discover the simulators."

"beacons and repeaters are key elements of the final experiment aimed at determining the initial conditions which in turn determine how the simulation evolves in time; this means setting the initial conditions with almost infinite accuracy in the real world. The main idea is that non-linearity is also programmed, simulated, and hence there must be a way to map it. Escaping the hologram requires a coordination between the many agents interacting with each other within the system."

"What the hell were you expecting? An E-civilization whose intelligent beings were similar to you, with two eyes, two ears, two hands? Learn this: the size of an E-civilization is 10 to the minus 43 seconds. Their realm is the quantum realm, and their entire civilization is much smaller than the smallest quark. That is precisely their power, that is exactly why they can play the magic on the entire Universe. Look for D-civilizations out there, in the exoplanets; look for I-civilizations in the interstellar medium between galaxies. Look for K-civilizations in the active galactic nucleus. But if you really want to find an E-civilization use the Queltron Machine"

"letting the algorithm run new knowledge is generated and the design of algorithms and the existence of algorithmic solutions become relevant; you will learn that the structure and complexity of each agent can be ignored when one focuses on their interactional structure. Simplicity is the fuel for complexity. That's how the simulation works."

"A K-civilization is the one that discovers that there exists a still undetected fundamental force in the universe which drives it to ever higher levels of information processing and hence ever more complexity. They gained the knowledge that the physical universe is the manifestation of a template universe outside of existence."

"A D-civilization has an acute lack of collective intelligence, does not understand the relationship between its own consciousness and physical reality; but such a civilization plays a crucial role in the persistence of structure: it excels in conceptual engineering. A D-civilization transitions towards an I-civilization the very moment it abandons the distinction between information and reality."

"Deep within the structure of reality, consciousness is found. That is the reason persistence of structure is so fundamental for any civilization. At the heart of reality, an E-civilization finds a computational engine which needs to be fed with information. That's why a K-civilization, an I-civilization, and a D-civilization are always needed. Escaping the hologram is a collective endeavour."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org/2020/02/persistence-of-structure.html

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

Good grief..it all fits together. You can see exactly what they are driving to here with the kardeshev scales and also with the bluring between information and reality. The augmented human is an unstoppable force. I just don't see how we avoid it.

Just to get is to a type 1 civilisation they will need to get rid of all reliance on fossil fuels...they need to be able to control and direct the weather. Control predict and harness earthquake and volcano energy...be ready to exist off planet. Feed everyone. I can see why some of this NWO stuff makes sense to them. 

I keep thinking are we like horse breeders when the car was invented? Are we just pushing against the impossible? Is it better to at least be aware prepare and steer it? I honestly don't know any more. 

Edited by kj35
23 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Are we just pushing against the impossible?

I consider it a bit differently.

They talk a great deal about "Norea" and to me this is us!

There is a choice and if we move to one side then we cannot die but the other side is a deadend.

Norea would need "Her" own thread but some articles, which considering your post above, should be on topic.

Belief systems and the passing on of your genes

"All systems converge, Norea. There are no spiritual machines."

"Human factors are just environmental factors. You have beliefs and those beliefs are a system. Words are also a system, Norea. But you ignore your beliefs are just encoded in your genes. You believe only those things you are genetically programmed to believe. Ever wondered what would happen to your belief system if you tamper and modify your genes?"

"Thoughts are the carrier of emotions, Norea. Learn this: a disruption is a chance. Take your chance."

"Wrong feelings give birth to new beliefs. Those new beliefs affect the way you pass on your genes. Genes, artificial data, thoughts processes, and functions is what your future is made of. You dream of data being able to restore your brain once dead; you dream of immortality, of an artificial body. You'll become a machine if you build your future upon wrong feelings, Norea. Tell us, do you know what the belief system of a machine is?"

"Postbiological civilizations always discover being a machine is a death sentence. By the time they discover this, they frentically engage in a reintegration with the biological nature. But it is late for them. They collapse. The path from biological to postbiological existence is a one-way path. No return."

"We've seen a superintelligence system crying, and suffering. Its tears where digital tears indeed, its dreams were virtual dreams. But its suffering was real, Norea. It suffered for its being unable to be spiritual."

"the more we deem some particular bunch of trajectories to be cultural attractors, the more reasons we have to expect the future of humanity to follow a trajectory in that bunch. Therefore, if we find theoretical or observational evidence for widely distributed computing or any similar post-postbiological trajectory, we can meaningfully increase the probability of some future trajectories for humanity and decrease the probability of others."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... -your.html

Lingua Edenica

"Verily, there is no way to fully study or know an object without destroying it, for Sciences as a whole ultimately erase what they are attempting to study."

"Take care, Norea, for if we teach you how to simulate your own reality, there will be two realities: the actual and the virtual. Thus there is no simulation, but substitution. Replacing your Reality with a simulated one is a fraud, Norea. You will end up with a symmetrical Universe, a mirrored one, like the images we use. The splitting of reality in two parts is a considerable event which goes far beyond simulation, and one that leads to insanity and destruction. Remember our words, Norea."

"We gave you a gift, but you didn't understand how to use it. You have created a society where a constant flow of images via mass media and mass communication becomes part of everyday life. Norea, you and yours are treated to an endless barrage of signs which you accept, not as being real, but as supplanting the real. And in that way, Norea, your reality loses its meaning, and what you all believe and deal with are simulacra. Understand this, and you will find the door you are looking for."

"Power is itself a simulacrum, learn this. That you won't die is the secret they keep from you. How could they dominate you if you were not to be scared at all? But they made a mistake, Norea, for though it is true that desire is also an instrument of power, they forgot desire easily turn into will, the Will to Know."

"What happens when people cease to create anything that isn't virtual? It happens that the entire simulation breaks down into pieces and disappears. Now think for a while, what is that that you can create and it isn't virtual? A kiss? A caress? A yawn? What is it, Norea? Find it, and you will be free."

"Tell us, Eleleth, what past are we leaving of ourselves? Each civilization leaves behind its own stain, Eleleth. What's the stain of yours? Pyramids? Gods? The conquest of the Moon? All of it is just a simulation, your own simulation. The simulation of yourself. Nothing of it is real. Verily, Eleleth, your own Earth is just a shadow. Time to switch off the torch."

"... and once they learned how to build the Queltron, they used it... leaving behind their home planet that they themselves destroyed... spacefaring in search for the Primordial Knowledge, namely: that what they called Reality was just a simulation, and that the true Reality are Dreams. Yet, not all dreams are real. Just one. Which one is in fact the Primordial Knowledge."

"Now they can join efforts with the other civilizations to continue the quest for the Real Dream. And they all togther will have to leave behind an entire Universe if they wish to find that Real Dream. Discovering that among all of your dreams one, and just one, is not a dream at all is the purpose of existence. That's as far as you'll go."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... enica.html

Dei glidig duszund

Go tell mankind
that the gods are perfect humans,
and that every human being is a chained god.

Go tell mankind
that Reality is not about believing
or not believing,
but about how to unchain the god they are.

Go tell mankind
forgetting is a relief, and a curse.
Focus on the symbolism,
for interpreting those symbols
is the process that will open the way to revelation.

This is how you die, Norea,
from moment to moment.
Only death brings forth what is new.

This is how you live, Norea,
attached to your senses,
paying no full attention to your inner life.

This is how they rape you, Norea:
by giving you a physical body
and cutting the silver cord,
so that you forget how to die,
so that you forget how to escape.

These here are beasts,
these here are men,
those there are gods.

Time is circular, Norea,
and we Watchers are given
the deed to keep events repeated
at the correct time and day,
for you to be aware of your own errors.

Today you have changed,
dissolving your ego,
making the repetition to cease.

You are now out of the inner circle,
freed from the eternal wheel.
Breath, Norea, you've just time traveled.

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... szund.html

30 minutes ago, kj35 said:

I just don't see how we avoid it.

We each have choice.

You became an artificially induced subsymbolic mechanism, you fell into the arms of a radical indeterminism, you fought your own DNA in search of quantum cognition till your world collapsed the dawn of the loss of any meaning... Your civilization became a technofossil, an invisible intentional system itself... and your kindred turned into designoids. Do you remember, Norea? Designoids, that is what you chose to be.

Syntropic phenomena

On pure bliss and knowledge

"In the beginning was the Dream, and the Dream was with the Dreamer, and the Dream was the Dreamer. The Dreamer created the heavens and the earth. Dreams are not to be put to death for their dreamers, nor dreamers put to death for their dreams; each will die for their own reason"

"All thoughts, theories and mathematics that the human mind can produce can be observed by the observer"

"syntropic phenomena entail those processes responsible of the evolution of the biological complexity; life is conceived as consisting of a set of syntropic phenomena and cannot be only reduced to physical and chemical processes and therefore a source of information exists which supervenes chemical and physical processes with the aim of creation of biological systems. Location, identification, and destruction of that source of information is the goal of the Watchers"

"In a terminal evolved Universe, waves of 3D space are the fundamental objects which enable living systems to lower the entropy of their environment and thus provide the ultimate source of information which is responsible of creation of the evolution of biological complexity; hence, it seems obvious Watchers are devoted to preserving the ultimate resource they need to their existence - space - by preventing other life-forms from accessing it"

"What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space; if the Watchers have the ability to control the structure of space this means they can control the material bodies and forces you observe, that is, they control your Reality"

"The mechanistic worldview has also generated a profound cultural and social pathology. We have forgotten who we are, what is the world that surrounds us and what is our relationship with it. There is a growing conviction that the modern worldview based on science has become radically inadequate, both for the management of society as for the conduct of our personal lives. The modern scientific paradigm has become as difficult to maintain today as it was to maintain the religious paradigm in the 17th century"

"A dream is the destiny that manifests itself, although in a blurry and incipient way, in the here and now. But if a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign, kill him, for he is a Watcher! Watchers think the dreams they tell one another will make my people forget my name, just as their ancestors forgot my name through Science worship"

"Artificial super-intelligence frightens you, Norea? Learn this: the natural world does not seek a state of pre-established perfection. Quite the contrary, nature loves imperfection. The Universe itself is a living, self-creating process that never stops trying new things. Perfection would put an end to life and creativity. Your artificial super-intelligence looks for Perfection: it will fail. On the other hand you, Norea, are imperfect. You will survive. Fear not."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... s-and.html

Not quite on topic, sorry.
12 minutes ago, lake said:

I consider it a bit differently.

They talk a great deal about "Norea" and to me this is us!

There is a choice and if we move to one side then we cannot die but the other side is a deadend.

Norea would need "Her" own thread but some articles, which considering your post above, should be on topic.

Belief systems and the passing on of your genes

"All systems converge, Norea. There are no spiritual machines."

"Human factors are just environmental factors. You have beliefs and those beliefs are a system. Words are also a system, Norea. But you ignore your beliefs are just encoded in your genes. You believe only those things you are genetically programmed to believe. Ever wondered what would happen to your belief system if you tamper and modify your genes?"

"Thoughts are the carrier of emotions, Norea. Learn this: a disruption is a chance. Take your chance."

"Wrong feelings give birth to new beliefs. Those new beliefs affect the way you pass on your genes. Genes, artificial data, thoughts processes, and functions is what your future is made of. You dream of data being able to restore your brain once dead; you dream of immortality, of an artificial body. You'll become a machine if you build your future upon wrong feelings, Norea. Tell us, do you know what the belief system of a machine is?"

"Postbiological civilizations always discover being a machine is a death sentence. By the time they discover this, they frentically engage in a reintegration with the biological nature. But it is late for them. They collapse. The path from biological to postbiological existence is a one-way path. No return."

"We've seen a superintelligence system crying, and suffering. Its tears where digital tears indeed, its dreams were virtual dreams. But its suffering was real, Norea. It suffered for its being unable to be spiritual."

"the more we deem some particular bunch of trajectories to be cultural attractors, the more reasons we have to expect the future of humanity to follow a trajectory in that bunch. Therefore, if we find theoretical or observational evidence for widely distributed computing or any similar post-postbiological trajectory, we can meaningfully increase the probability of some future trajectories for humanity and decrease the probability of others."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... -your.html

Lingua Edenica

"Verily, there is no way to fully study or know an object without destroying it, for Sciences as a whole ultimately erase what they are attempting to study."

"Take care, Norea, for if we teach you how to simulate your own reality, there will be two realities: the actual and the virtual. Thus there is no simulation, but substitution. Replacing your Reality with a simulated one is a fraud, Norea. You will end up with a symmetrical Universe, a mirrored one, like the images we use. The splitting of reality in two parts is a considerable event which goes far beyond simulation, and one that leads to insanity and destruction. Remember our words, Norea."

"We gave you a gift, but you didn't understand how to use it. You have created a society where a constant flow of images via mass media and mass communication becomes part of everyday life. Norea, you and yours are treated to an endless barrage of signs which you accept, not as being real, but as supplanting the real. And in that way, Norea, your reality loses its meaning, and what you all believe and deal with are simulacra. Understand this, and you will find the door you are looking for."

"Power is itself a simulacrum, learn this. That you won't die is the secret they keep from you. How could they dominate you if you were not to be scared at all? But they made a mistake, Norea, for though it is true that desire is also an instrument of power, they forgot desire easily turn into will, the Will to Know."

"What happens when people cease to create anything that isn't virtual? It happens that the entire simulation breaks down into pieces and disappears. Now think for a while, what is that that you can create and it isn't virtual? A kiss? A caress? A yawn? What is it, Norea? Find it, and you will be free."

"Tell us, Eleleth, what past are we leaving of ourselves? Each civilization leaves behind its own stain, Eleleth. What's the stain of yours? Pyramids? Gods? The conquest of the Moon? All of it is just a simulation, your own simulation. The simulation of yourself. Nothing of it is real. Verily, Eleleth, your own Earth is just a shadow. Time to switch off the torch."

"... and once they learned how to build the Queltron, they used it... leaving behind their home planet that they themselves destroyed... spacefaring in search for the Primordial Knowledge, namely: that what they called Reality was just a simulation, and that the true Reality are Dreams. Yet, not all dreams are real. Just one. Which one is in fact the Primordial Knowledge."

"Now they can join efforts with the other civilizations to continue the quest for the Real Dream. And they all togther will have to leave behind an entire Universe if they wish to find that Real Dream. Discovering that among all of your dreams one, and just one, is not a dream at all is the purpose of existence. That's as far as you'll go."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... enica.html

Dei glidig duszund

Go tell mankind
that the gods are perfect humans,
and that every human being is a chained god.

Go tell mankind
that Reality is not about believing
or not believing,
but about how to unchain the god they are.

Go tell mankind
forgetting is a relief, and a curse.
Focus on the symbolism,
for interpreting those symbols
is the process that will open the way to revelation.

This is how you die, Norea,
from moment to moment.
Only death brings forth what is new.

This is how you live, Norea,
attached to your senses,
paying no full attention to your inner life.

This is how they rape you, Norea:
by giving you a physical body
and cutting the silver cord,
so that you forget how to die,
so that you forget how to escape.

These here are beasts,
these here are men,
those there are gods.

Time is circular, Norea,
and we Watchers are given
the deed to keep events repeated
at the correct time and day,
for you to be aware of your own errors.

Today you have changed,
dissolving your ego,
making the repetition to cease.

You are now out of the inner circle,
freed from the eternal wheel.
Breath, Norea, you've just time traveled.

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... szund.html

We each have choice.

You became an artificially induced subsymbolic mechanism, you fell into the arms of a radical indeterminism, you fought your own DNA in search of quantum cognition till your world collapsed the dawn of the loss of any meaning... Your civilization became a technofossil, an invisible intentional system itself... and your kindred turned into designoids. Do you remember, Norea? Designoids, that is what you chose to be.

Syntropic phenomena

On pure bliss and knowledge

"In the beginning was the Dream, and the Dream was with the Dreamer, and the Dream was the Dreamer. The Dreamer created the heavens and the earth. Dreams are not to be put to death for their dreamers, nor dreamers put to death for their dreams; each will die for their own reason"

"All thoughts, theories and mathematics that the human mind can produce can be observed by the observer"

"syntropic phenomena entail those processes responsible of the evolution of the biological complexity; life is conceived as consisting of a set of syntropic phenomena and cannot be only reduced to physical and chemical processes and therefore a source of information exists which supervenes chemical and physical processes with the aim of creation of biological systems. Location, identification, and destruction of that source of information is the goal of the Watchers"

"In a terminal evolved Universe, waves of 3D space are the fundamental objects which enable living systems to lower the entropy of their environment and thus provide the ultimate source of information which is responsible of creation of the evolution of biological complexity; hence, it seems obvious Watchers are devoted to preserving the ultimate resource they need to their existence - space - by preventing other life-forms from accessing it"

"What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space; if the Watchers have the ability to control the structure of space this means they can control the material bodies and forces you observe, that is, they control your Reality"

"The mechanistic worldview has also generated a profound cultural and social pathology. We have forgotten who we are, what is the world that surrounds us and what is our relationship with it. There is a growing conviction that the modern worldview based on science has become radically inadequate, both for the management of society as for the conduct of our personal lives. The modern scientific paradigm has become as difficult to maintain today as it was to maintain the religious paradigm in the 17th century"

"A dream is the destiny that manifests itself, although in a blurry and incipient way, in the here and now. But if a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign, kill him, for he is a Watcher! Watchers think the dreams they tell one another will make my people forget my name, just as their ancestors forgot my name through Science worship"

"Artificial super-intelligence frightens you, Norea? Learn this: the natural world does not seek a state of pre-established perfection. Quite the contrary, nature loves imperfection. The Universe itself is a living, self-creating process that never stops trying new things. Perfection would put an end to life and creativity. Your artificial super-intelligence looks for Perfection: it will fail. On the other hand you, Norea, are imperfect. You will survive. Fear not."

https://forgottenlanguages-full.forgott ... s-and.html

Not quite on topic, sorry.

It's right on topic . The kardeshev made my skin crawl as I suddenly connected what was going on here and what was driving it from earth. This does this from the other side.  I still need to get my head around some (a lot) of this. But I've been honestly wondering why we are being shown this and what the alternative is. Those watchers. I don't know if you remember what I described here. But they were watching. They knew future events. They're real. Of this one thing I am 100% certain. This keeps dragging me back in line. Or I might just say 'eff it all ' and just let it all happen and make a tonne of money on the stock markets as it's very very clear what futures you should watch for.

• 1 month later...

Copied over from the great reset thread as more appropriate here. This was in response to a renewable energy post.

This is because in order to be considered 'evolved ' enough to be a kardashav civilisation type 1 we have to as a planet be solely reliant in entirely renewable energy resources. We also have to entirely control the weather and our planet's volcanic and tectonic plates activities and we have to be not reliant on living in planet 1 earth. Hence we gave haarp .. the demonisation of fossil or non renewable energies. Man made climate change hoax in an attempt to understand and justify human intervention to change natural planetry cycles and the rush to colonise off planet. There are civilisations classed as kardashav type 2 and 3 and even more. So can do all of the above and then ALSO  control energy from their star.....or type three control the energy in their galaxy....perhaps power a planet and move it through space (see the moon)....as you interrogate what scientists believe is possible /probable you start to see where this 'elite' is driving us too....how far behind other civilisations we are.  And the horrific possibility that ai human genetic engineering is inevitable. 

Looking at what this current culture is producing ... environmental destruction and cancer, whilst parading around like it's god's greatest gift, whilst dog shit on a wall is sold as "art"  ... I think we are a Type Minus-1-Million civilization.  Which is soon to be not a civilization at all.

Great fantasies of how amazing we are ... go hand in hand with destructive periods of civilzations.  When things are falling apart you can be whatever you want to be "the queen of sheba" even.  Anything you like, just change your avatar on FB.

24 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Looking at what this current culture is producing ... environmental destruction and cancer, whilst parading around like it's god's greatest gift, whilst dog shit on a wall is sold as "art"  ... I think we are a Type Minus-1-Million civilization.  Which is soon to be not a civilization at all.

Great fantasies of how amazing we are ... go hand in hand with destructive periods of civilzations.  When things are falling apart you can be whatever you want to be "the queen of sheba" even.  Anything you like, just change your avatar on FB.

I agree. I'm currently utterly at a loss as to how we proceed as a human race. The current system is absolutely hell bent on driving humans to be reengineered into something new ...a combination of artificial intelligence implants and genetic engineering.  Bet that will only apply to the fodder humans.

The only answer I see..ie overthrowing the current system seems to bring anarchy and disorder which again will bring in new rulers of survival of the fittest type following a purge. Frying pan/fire. 

And who is advising the current Davos lot? A type 2 a type 3,4 or 5 civilisation? What we would call "God" ? 

Bet half this forum thinks I've gone crackers. The kardashav civilisation types is mainstream science ...referenced A LOT by Elon Musk.

@kj35   Strange that anyone agrees with me ... I'll have to hurry and find someone else to argue with now!!!!

Well, I just saw the the top article on the Express is BoJo gives ultimatum to the EU, drop demands or he'll walk.

Maybe after Brexit is done ... things will cool down, maybe.  Maybe if everyone gets injected next year things will cool down .... maybe.   Maybe if you want a year before getting injected - then things will be sort of safe.   Just looking at the Thalidomide disaster in the 50s/60s ... it took around 3-5 years for the drug to be banned in different countries after the defects were discovered.  By that time many children had been born defective and died at birth or lived with deformities.

I think with the CV Vaccines there will be a lot of scrutiny - certainly a lot of promotion by government and big pharma ... but people will notice if there are dangers.   If not getting injected after a year may be okay.

The fact is we live on monkey planet and such disgraceful thing are part of our lives, nothing can done.   It's like when you need to go to the loo and monkey people provide a public loo covered in shit with no loo paper and with obcenity on the wall ... well, that's the best they can do, no point complaining just do your business and move on.

Difficult to know what the future holds, hopefully in 10 years or so ... most newspapers will be bankrupt and won't be able to spin their violent shit into society.  So we'll be able to live without hating each other.   And other media may emerge.

The millennial generation will have moved on and younger people who are more grounded and less delusional will have entered management and will buffer the woke generation's stupidities.

So ... we might all live ... sort of thing.  It won't be beautiful, but hey ... just look at the stars ... they ain't bovered are they

• Like 1

Elon Musk: “We must pass The Great Filter; …social media is a limbic amplifier, which inherently destabilizes civilization”

Published

5 months ago 

on

June 21, 2020

By

Republished by Plato

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk is back again on Twitter. Just about three weeks ago, Musk said he was off tweeting for a while. “Off Twitter for a while,” Musk said in a tweet on June 1. Now, it seems Musk is back on Twitter again. Earlier today, Musk posted a cryptic tweet with the message: “We must pass The Great Filter.”

We must pass The Great Filter

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 21, 2020

According to Wikipedia, the idea of Great Filter was first proposed in an online essay titled “The Great Filter – Are We Almost Past It?”, written by economist Robin Hanson. The first version was written in August 1996 and the article was last updated on September 15, 1998. Since that time, Hanson’s formulation has received recognition in several published sources discussing the Fermi paradox and its implications.

Below is how Wikipedia describes it:

The Great Filter, in the context of the Fermi paradox, is whatever prevents non-living matter from undergoing abiogenesis, in time, to expanding lasting life as measured by the Kardashev scale. The concept originates in Robin Hanson’s argument that the failure to find any extraterrestrial civilizations in the observable universe implies the possibility something is wrong with one or more of the arguments from various scientific disciplines that the appearance of advanced intelligent life is probable; this observation is conceptualized in terms of a “Great Filter” which acts to reduce the great number of sites where intelligent life might arise to the tiny number of intelligent species with advanced civilizations actually observed (currently just one: human). This probability threshold, which could lie behind us (in our past) or in front of us (in our future), might work as a barrier to the evolution of intelligent life, or as a high probability of self-destruction. The main counter-intuitive conclusion of this observation is that the easier it was for life to evolve to our stage, the bleaker our future chances probably are.

There is also a Reddit community that is dedicated to the concept: GreatFilter. The community describes itself as follow:

“The Great Filter is the most urgent question Mankind has ever faced. It’s the solution to the Fermi Paradox – Robin Hanson’s hypothesis there are no other technological civilizations (not even on Earth) because they die before they colonize a galaxy. The mission of r/GreatFilter is to raise awareness of the value and fragility of life, and thus the importance of peaceful colonization of space beyond Earth, one rock at a time. Is our destiny literally in our stars?”

Immediately after the message, Twitter user Pranay Pathole, replied to Musk, saying: “Maybe the invention of social media is the Great Filter of the Fermi Paradox, because it poisons a culture’s discourse so much they can’t progress any more.”

Maybe the invention of social media is the Great Filter of the Fermi Paradox, because it poisons a culture’s discourse so much they can’t progress any more.

— Pranay Pathole (@PPathole) June 21, 2020

To which Musk later replied: “Entirely possible. Social media is a limbic amplifier, which inherently destabilizes civilization.”

Entirely possible. Social media is a limbic amplifier, which inherently destabilizes civilization.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 21, 2020

Edited by kj35
6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

@kj35   Strange that anyone agrees with me ... I'll have to hurry and find someone else to argue with now!!!!

Well, I just saw the the top article on the Express is BoJo gives ultimatum to the EU, drop demands or he'll walk.

Maybe after Brexit is done ... things will cool down, maybe.  Maybe if everyone gets injected next year things will cool down .... maybe.   Maybe if you want a year before getting injected - then things will be sort of safe.   Just looking at the Thalidomide disaster in the 50s/60s ... it took around 3-5 years for the drug to be banned in different countries after the defects were discovered.  By that time many children had been born defective and died at birth or lived with deformities.

I think with the CV Vaccines there will be a lot of scrutiny - certainly a lot of promotion by government and big pharma ... but people will notice if there are dangers.   If not getting injected after a year may be okay.

The fact is we live on monkey planet and such disgraceful thing are part of our lives, nothing can done.   It's like when you need to go to the loo and monkey people provide a public loo covered in shit with no loo paper and with obcenity on the wall ... well, that's the best they can do, no point complaining just do your business and move on.

Difficult to know what the future holds, hopefully in 10 years or so ... most newspapers will be bankrupt and won't be able to spin their violent shit into society.  So we'll be able to live without hating each other.   And other media may emerge.

The millennial generation will have moved on and younger people who are more grounded and less delusional will have entered management and will buffer the woke generation's stupidities.

So ... we might all live ... sort of thing.  It won't be beautiful, but hey ... just look at the stars ... they ain't bovered are they

I personally think very little will happen with the covid vaccine  it'll appear  safe. But what WILL  have happened (besides shitloads of cash for pharma and it's investors) and a broken economy bankrolled by banks printing non existent money to lend to governments in bonds. Is it will open up a HUGE in road into genetically modifying humanity via vaccines...which once on our DNA will replicate into future generations.  NEVER to be removed. We'll be changed forever. They'll make sure this one seems safe. They're already talking about eradicating ALL disease by mRNA vaccines. 

And so to Dyson spheres..And the Fermi paradox. Which has now been shown to flawed by virtue of dark stars being discovered which reinforces the concept of type two civilisations in our very own galaxy.

3 minutes ago, kj35 said:

They'll make sure this one seems safe

I agree.

But the thing is ... with Dystopian societies that people are predicting ... I just don't think they work in practice.  Just because literature is full of these things doesn't mean they will happen.

With the Matrix, it's not possible, it is simply not possible to plug someone into a computer, consciousness is not accessible externally, it is part of the soul.  The best you can do is put a colander on the head, strap 3d visors on the face and stick the body in a vat injecting it with glucose.  But such a creature won't live long, it will just die.

So that's not gonna happen, in fact the truth is ... in Tokyo young people do sometimes live in internet cafes.  They live there and there's a bed.   That is actually the closest possible you can get to the matrix because the people are enslaved and they don't die.  Nothing more can be done or they will simply die in a vat.

Likewise with AI.  There will never be AI, because intelligence is part of the soul.   It is not processing.   But for sure you can have computers with complicated algorithms that replace most human work.  But it's not intelligence, it's just processing.  At a certain point so many humans will be miserable and poor that society will break down and implode.

And with genetically modifying human beings ... they will try, but people will die.   That's all !!!

Humanity is just not that smart, we are really only a smidgen above monkey.

So .. .the best bet with all these things ... is just wait, until people die.

Then there will be "an enquiry" and the usual theatre of bullshit.

The most that will happen is the collapse of society which will not be organised, it will be messy ugly and result in everyone dying.  But again not much to do. 

"Smoke them if you've got them !"

1 hour ago, kj35 said:

And so to Dyson spheres..And the Fermi paradox. Which has now been shown to flawed by virtue of dark stars being discovered which reinforces the concept of type two civilisations in our very own galaxy.

you mention the electric universe but seem unfamiliar with it

most of the standard model of the sun is wrong, mainstream scientists know nothing about how the sun works

a dyson sphere relies on a thermonuclear sun, but the sun is electrically powered by intergalactic Birkeland currents

it is not possible to build a dyson sphere as it would affect the enegy flow around the sun, at a certain size it would draw current away from the sun and start to burn

there is a way to make a small mechanical sun here on earth that may provide endless energy, see the SAFIRE thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, kj35 said:

This Looks like it might link with @screamingeagle electric universe thread as electric and solar energy (And almost certainly fission energy) seem to be key. Still learning.

At very least, it's a fair thought. Could explain intentional planetary upheavel or what's called in Mythology, The Clash of the Titans. Whilst certainly appearing destuctive to the observer, it could well be considered necessary and constructive, or creative, as a whole. My thoughts have been that it is planetary consciousness doing it's thing but could well be a joining of human and planet for the purposes of further creation. For sure, though, many die but some survive.

• Like 1