EVERYTHING FOOD RELATED

3 hours ago, Mr H said:

@Martin1234@TheConsultantwhat do you guys think about using air fryer instead of frying in ghee?

I cut chips, skin on. Microwave for 10 mins, drain off any steam water, dust with flour and then air fry. No fat required and they come out really crispy.

I do a whole chicken in mine as well every week. The skin tastes great!

36 minutes ago, Martin1234 said:

I cut chips, skin on. Microwave for 10 mins, drain off any steam water, dust with flour and then air fry. No fat required and they come out really crispy.

I've tried all ways of cooking chips in an air fryer or oven, but nothing comes close to the chips I cook in my good old chip pan in lard. Perfection!

Edited by webtrekker
  • Like 1

I have an air fryer and I also use ghee. I don't understand what you mean. The two are for different things. Its not necessary to use fat to cook but fat is good for you, contrary to what we are told.

I dint find the air fryer particularly good on the electric either.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, Martin1234 said:

You actually have a microwave in the house and use it????!!! Ewww!

On 12/17/2023 at 4:03 PM, webtrekker said:

I've tried all ways of cooking chips in an air fryer or oven, but nothing comes close to the chips I cook in my good old chip pan in lard. Perfection!

What I often do in mine, is soften the chips in the microwave as I mentioned above. While that's going on I cook pork steaks in the air fryer.

Take the pork out, tip the pork grease over the chips and then air fry then. Bootiful!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:06 AM, Observations said:

Did it use quite a lot? That’s a pity. I often wonder how much ‘all these’ things use. It’s like a full time job keeping on top of it all. 

Well I live with solar power so its easy to track what things use a lot of juice. Living without mains services really makes you understand just how wasteful we are. It also makes you more creative at solving issues. 😏

Its a huge learning curve but I feel like I'm in training to see how much hardship I can put up with!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RobinJ said:

Its a huge learning curve but I feel like I'm in training to see how much hardship I can put up with!

Excellent Robin! That’s a great ‘quote’ too, if I may say so 😊 

Brings a smile, and food for thought. 

All the best to you, and thanks for all the heads up! Ups? Merry Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 3:25 PM, Martin1234 said:

I use one, it's pretty good actually!

No experience with air fryers. However, healthy fats are important, avocado, coconut, various nuts, seeds and legume oils all outweigh butter, ghee or clarified butter in terms of health.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheConsultant said:

No experience with air fryers. However, healthy fats are important, avocado, coconut, various nuts, seeds and legume oils all outweigh butter, ghee or clarified butter in terms of health.

Many nut and other oils use high temperature extraction which destroys the benefits. Better to just eat them whole. I don't personally believe clarified butter is worse than avocado etc. 

25 minutes ago, RobinJ said:

Many nut and other oils use high temperature extraction which destroys the benefits. Better to just eat them whole. I don't personally believe clarified butter is worse than avocado etc. 

Then don't buy oil products that are extracted with heat? Plenty of them. We are discussing oils/fats, not wholefoods. I do agree though

• 4 weeks later...

It's all kicking off in Bristol and turning into a hot potato this one, they used to say, eat the rich, but now should be, eat the greens, and other greedy compulsive lying deceiving scumbags occupying the council and signed up to the depop green agenda of mass murder by psychopaths, they want you dead, enslaved and unable to feed yourself except for the centrally planned poison offered at government WEF scumbag approved plastic food outlets of living death, Tony Gosling investigates.

Tony Gosling

Bristol Allotmenteers Resist! Fees Hike & Ridiculous Anti-Green Rules: Mal Sainsbury, Martin Summers

Duration 00:51:33

https://www.bitchute.com/video/pg6uuNtkRkM8/

pg6uuNtkRkM8_640x360.webp.1545d52bc651e087c705df9e130d4957.webp

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried searching first so apologize if someone already posted.  I'm trying to find a water test kit that is reliable and isn't super expensive.  Read lots of reviews of various kits and the 1-2 star reviews are all unanimous that no matter which sample was used, the results came back the same.  Anyone have any good info?  My tap is supposed to be unusually clean, but I still run it through a Berkey anyway (although I'm hearing bad stuff come out from them).  I wanna find out about the tsp just to see what they're doing.

I had one of the Nikken water filters for years and the water tastes great.  They basically used about a dozen various layers of minerals/materials (iirc) that simulated how water filters through the earth.  My plan is to somebody build a cistern and rain catchment system and create my own filter using this method.  In which case a reliable test kit will be imperative.

Edited by runhomejack
Just realized this shoulda prolly been put in the water thread, muh bad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, runhomejack said:

Tried searching first so apologize if someone already posted.  I'm trying to find a water test kit that is reliable and isn't super expensive.  Read lots of reviews of various kits and the 1-2 star reviews are all unanimous that no matter which sample was used, the results came back the same.  Anyone have any good info?  My tap is supposed to be unusually clean, but I still run it through a Berkey anyway (although I'm hearing bad stuff come out from them).  I wanna find out about the tsp just to see what they're doing.

I had one of the Nikken water filters for years and the water tastes great.  They basically used about a dozen various layers of minerals/materials (iirc) that simulated how water filters through the earth.  My plan is to somebody build a cistern and rain catchment system and create my own filter using this method.  In which case a reliable test kit will be imperative.

Depending on the circumstances at hand water is the number one priority over food, here are some search terms to get you going, it is important to select your water source, i.e, away from contaminants that may be present from farming and other pollutants from industry and capturing rain water is probably the easiest way that will have the least contaminants along with spring water, it is very easy to do, but as always, ymmv, 👍

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=h_&q=diy+water+filtration+system&ia=web

This is a site from the search which is very easy to follow and explanatory about the process involved, hard woods like Oak, Ash.. etc are best for the charcoal used.

https://waterfilterguru.com/how-to-make-a-homemade-water-filter/

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:26 AM, sock muppet said:

Depending on the circumstances at hand water is the number one priority over food, here are some search terms to get you going, it is important to select your water source, i.e, away from contaminants that may be present from farming and other pollutants from industry and capturing rain water is probably the easiest way that will have the least contaminants along with spring water, it is very easy to do, but as always, ymmv, 👍

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=h_&q=diy+water+filtration+system&ia=web

This is a site from the search which is very easy to follow and explanatory about the process involved, hard woods like Oak, Ash.. etc are best for the charcoal used.

https://waterfilterguru.com/how-to-make-a-homemade-water-filter/

Cheers thanks Sock Muppet!

That site is pretty cool.  Basically in line with what I'm gonna make at some point.  

I think it'd be imperative to have a large filter with many straining materials.  Catch anything possible.  But it seems no matter what that boiling water is the only sure way to ensure no organisms are in there.  I went down the rabbit hole fairly deep after reading Mac's posts about the silent war.  Everything is laced.  Absolute incompetence at best, but clearly absolute contempt!!  It's nothing new to many here, but they can fuck right off with their 'approved levels' of their poisons.  It's effing incredible the amount of bullshit found in water supplies.  Even rain catchment isn't safe because of this.  Reverse Osmosis water seems to remove 'most' forever chemicals and such, but then with either RO or boiling water, minerals must be added back!

I found their suggestion for a test kit.  Basically the only sure way to know quality beforehand, and most importantly after diy filter, is to send samples to a legit lab.  But at $200-$300 a pop I better do lots of R&D ahead of time.  I still think a series of natural sediment filters, including activated charcoal would be sufficient, maybe then combined with boiling/remineralization.

(If any mod wants to move this to water thread please do so)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:07 PM, Talorgan said:

Those people on that website even have a look at examining Vaccine awareness by [*strong*] caution of them *as I can easily imagine*... https://greenmedinfo.com/keyword/vaccine-research

14 hours ago, runhomejack said:

Cheers thanks Sock Muppet!

You're very welcome.

I think it'd be imperative to have a large filter with many straining materials.

Start small and try to perfect that first which ever way you feel provides the best results by repeatedly testing to find the facts about the filtration method you use, once you have found something that yields a higher degree of filtration than what is currently available to your particular circumstance then it is just a simple matter of repeating the setup to yield a higher flow rate/through put of the filtered water, the website that i used as an example suggests a layered approach contained in a bottle, if that works then it is just a simple matter of having the same setup with many bottles, you add or subtract until you achieve the desired quantity.

Reverse Osmosis water seems to remove 'most' forever chemicals and such, but then with either RO or boiling water, minerals must be added back!

Reverse Osmosis is not really a problem because you can add the minerals that are missing through your diet, and it would take a long time for this method to actually have a detrimental effect on the body, but only if your food intake is depleted of these essential minerals.

Boiling does two things actually, as you point out it kills waterborne pathogens but it also drives out lighter contaminants because of the boiling action and is the reason for the build up of scale in a kettle.

Even rain catchment isn't safe because of this.

Exactly as described, consider the Geo-engineering that has been going on with chemtrailing, but the good news is that you now know about it and therefore have the chance to do something about it by recognising its presence within the rain fall, 👍

• 2 weeks later...