EVERYTHING FOOD RELATED

14 minutes ago, Mr H said:

New thing someone recommend which I'm going to try. Ayurvedic technique.

Called oil pulling. Gargle sesame or coconut oil for 5 mins for healthy teeth and gums.

Thanks Mr H,

I also have it on good authority that this works well, with coconut, so I appreciate the reminder. Also I try to belive that I can heal rather than believing that everything deteriorates 😃 The adverts will drive us to ill health and they are becoming even more extensive and repetitive. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Observations said:

Thanks Mr H,

I also have it on good authority that this works well, with coconut, so I appreciate the reminder. Also I try to belive that I can heal rather than believing that everything deteriorates 😃 The adverts will drive us to ill health and they are becoming even more extensive and repetitive. 

Good to have that additional feedback.

Yes in my experience our bodies are perfect and can deal with stuff.

I'm starting to realize it's the small regular things we do that matters, like this daily practice. Rather than not looking after ourselves regularly and then seeking out extreme experiences to correct our behaviours.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used to follow the alkaline diet a few years back but don't really anymore. I have lost a lot of body fat and started toning myself up a bit, but am now using intermittent fasting and a more animal based diet. Lots of eggs and meat 

Eggs and meat would be considered acidic foods, but my mind has swayed a little from that thinking.

Eggs contain every vitamin the body needs except for c.

The vitamins in an egg are highly bio available for the body.

Same goes for the protein. It's massively available for the body to use.

There is an argument vegans use about their being more iron in lentils than in steak. But the bioavailability of the iron in lentils is very low so it's just excreted. You ever look at vegans and vegetarians and think they look sick? I think it's because we need meat in our diet personally.

I do still eat vegetables and the GMO business with them containing round up is scary, but there is a constant war now on meat and eggs, when throughout history they are renowned for keeping us fit and healthy.

@Martin1234i know a lot vegans. I would say the majority look a little bit like you say. I wouldn't go so far as sick. Seems like they're missing something and very slightly weakish. But the ones I know who know their stuff on diet look really healthy actually.

What is the importance of Iron? Is there much in fish and chicken?

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

@Martin1234i know a lot vegans. I would say the majority look a little bit like you say. I wouldn't go so far as sick. Seems like they're missing something and very slightly weakish. But the ones I know who know their stuff on diet look really healthy actually.

What is the importance of Iron? Is there much in fish and chicken?

Not sure of the importance of it exactly tbh, but I think we do need it.

I dropped all seed and vegetable oils, they are supposedly toxic to us and cause internal inflammation. Ever wondered why they add it to absolutely everything now?

Links between pharma and food are too close. If they make us sick they can keep us on medication. I think seed oils are part of that.

I now eat olive oil and ghee, and I snack on boiled eggs rather than junk.  I bet if I looked at what I eat on paper I would be well over on fat, but I've actually lost body fat, loads of it.  I think eating fat isn't actually linked to being fat, so long as you eat animal fats or fish, avocado etc.

1 hour ago, Martin1234 said:

Not sure of the importance of it exactly tbh, but I think we do need it.

I dropped all seed and vegetable oils, they are supposedly toxic to us and cause internal inflammation. Ever wondered why they add it to absolutely everything now?

Links between pharma and food are too close. If they make us sick they can keep us on medication. I think seed oils are part of that.

I now eat olive oil and ghee, and I snack on boiled eggs rather than junk.  I bet if I looked at what I eat on paper I would be well over on fat, but I've actually lost body fat, loads of it.  I think eating fat isn't actually linked to being fat, so long as you eat animal fats or fish, avocado etc.

Is the ghee healthy? I never looked into it. I know the Indians use it.

At the moment I mainly use butter. Or coconut oil. But I've started boiling and grilling stuff more, so rarely use. Although it's a bit more bland.

I think you're right. And I'm no expert but I believe the high fat diet based on animals is the optimal one if weight loss is your goal because you put your body in ketosis. I'm not sure how sustainable it is long term though. Although apparently those who live in the Arctic region are some of the healthiest and they pretty much eat fat. But different environment and body biome I guess

4 hours ago, Mr H said:

Is the ghee healthy? I never looked into it. I know the Indians use it.

At the moment I mainly use butter. Or coconut oil. But I've started boiling and grilling stuff more, so rarely use. Although it's a bit more bland.

I think you're right. And I'm no expert but I believe the high fat diet based on animals is the optimal one if weight loss is your goal because you put your body in ketosis. I'm not sure how sustainable it is long term though. Although apparently those who live in the Arctic region are some of the healthiest and they pretty much eat fat. But different environment and body biome I guess

Yeah ghee is basically clarified butter. I think they boil it and skim off the impurities, and what you are left with is ghee. It's delicious!

I do intermittent fasting as well Monday to Friday, then eat normally at the weekend.

I do 18 hour fast window and eat 2 meals in the 6 hour window, Monday Weds and Friday, then on Tuesday and Thursday I go around 23 hours and just eat one meal.  Couple that with high protein and high fat mainly animal based diet, walk for an hour a day and a bit of resistance bands and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. No gym or expensive food things required.

Fasting is similar to keto in a way, after 12 hours your body switches to reserves and gets used to doing it, so it becomes used to running on fat reserves. Think that's helped drop day a bit at a time, and while running in fat I'm as alert as ever. You don't feel hunger either!

If you Google autophagy and zombie cells and have a read, it seems like it forces your body to rebuild itself and clear out old dead cells too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr H said:

Thanks buddy. Awesome information. Very helpful 

Definitely gonna get some of this ghee stuff and give it a whirl...

If you don't want to make your own ghee, and don't have an Indian supermarket nearby, you can get big tins of it in Sainsburys world foods section (near the big sacks of rice)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

If you don't want to make your own ghee, and don't have an Indian supermarket nearby, you can get big tins of it in Sainsburys world foods section (near the big sacks of rice)

Ty. How do you make ghee?

29 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Ty. How do you make ghee?

melt butter scoop off the milk solids that float on top. Don't stop using coconut oil though, as its good for MCTs and putting the body in to ketosis. Ketosis = burning fat as fuel. Martins post above is solid advice.

Edited by TheConsultant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheConsultant said:

melt butter scoop off the milk solids that float on top. Don't stop using coconut oil though, as its good for MCTs and putting the body in to ketosis. Ketosis = burning fat as fuel. Martins post above is solid advice.

Cheers. I did a lot of research and it seems to be working. If I keep it up and increase the resistance bands, I'll be ripped by next summer!

And it's actually costing me much less to feed myself because of the fasting.

All those protein powders and bars the fitness industry promotes are crap. Basically an excuse to sell ultra processed chemical junk to people in the name of being healthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Campion said:

Thanks @Martin1234 and how does ghee compare with using regular butter? 

I worked for 6 years as a delivery driver for an Indian (Bangladeshi) takeaway and can confirm that every curry that left the kitchen was cooked using ghee, even Butter Chicken, which was cooked with ghee then  a large knob of butter added before popping the lid on the carton!

I believe ghee is cooked longer than clarified butter to give it a more subtle 'nutty-brown' taste. Our takeaway used catering cans of ghee, they didn't make it themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Energy levels are good. I actually feel much more awake fasting than not. More focused at work too. I dunno green tea and black coffee when fasting do I don't trigger insulin production which breaks the fast.

When I started I kept getting hot and cold flushes until I got used to it. Think that's the body getting used to switching fuel sources. This was only the first couple of weeks.

Ghee has a different taste to butter. A little more cheese like. It's nice on toast!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 9:02 AM, sickofallthebollocks said:

tips to beat the big c:

Good upload. The video itself is Total and utter BS. Cancer and most diseases are  caused by all the toxins and poisions they put into your food supply, the drinking water supply, spraying the air with chemtrails, dangerous ingredients in modern medication etc etc The list goes on and on. Cancer is a way of making money for big pharma full stop. All the herbs in the world are not going to do you any good when your genes have been altered to attack you and produce spike proteins. You can shove all the rhubarb in the world up your ass and it will have no effect.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, sickofallthebollocks said:

Hey Messenger, not wanting to sound like a kiss- arse - but you're the person in the know with regards to food and natural stuff (as far as I'm concerned) on here that has some seriously expansive knowledge about it all .

I don't drink milk - apart from in a normal cup of tea, as everything else I've tried doesn't taste as good as milk in tea.

I've tried to be subjective about it, telling myself it's because I'm 'just used to milk in tea' , but the most honest reason is; everyhting else I've tried tastes shitty - maybe with the exeption of unsweetened soya, I found Hemp Milk too watery and nothing tasting.

Tried loads of others, would like to get off milk completely.  Any recommendations with regarsd to milk.  (apart from stop being a lazy twat and do my own research)  cheers.

If you make your own almond milk, thats pretty good. The commercial version is mostly water.

Just soak a handful of almonds overnight in water. Blend, then sieve. Add as much water as you like for a creamier version. You'll need to shake it before use as the oils tend to separate off while stored. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jack121 said:

Good upload. The video itself is Total and utter BS. Cancer and most diseases are  caused by all the toxins and poisions they put into your food supply, the drinking water supply, spraying the air with chemtrails, dangerous ingredients in modern medication etc etc The list goes on and on. Cancer is a way of making money for big pharma full stop. All the herbs in the world are not going to do you any good when your genes have been altered to attack you and produce spike proteins. You can shove all the rhubarb in the world up your ass and it will have no effect.

Cancer can also be caused by big emotional trauma which we keep in the body. Even the shock of a cancer diagnosis can set off a big enough emotional response to kick off a cancer cell reaction.

Cancer can be cured by certain frequency bands. Check out a guy called Rife who rediscovered it. Its been known since early 1900s. Frequencies can cure many diseases.

Nowadays it can also be caused with vaccines and 'dirty electricity" signals and WiFi etc. Toxins come in many formats.

,any idea if

Ukrainian

organic millet is safe to eat ? 

Local health food chain sells it from there  and millet is supposed be healthy and more alkaline grain .

What with all the shelling and depleted uranium too and past nuclear accident 

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-how-the-war-is-making-soil-and-water-toxic/a-64907471

Millet is good grain for world food production too I read .

https://www.dw.com/en/sustainable-agriculture-ukraine-grain/a-61682721

Edited by Talorgan