Panic buying in UK has begun again

2 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

According to Alex Bellfield on you tube Panic buying has started in the UK today, didnt expect it begin yet but here we go again.

I don't think it has. But as we saw earlier this year, it doesn't take much for peoples' 'perceptions' to be altered, to cause this kind of change in behaviour.

When people 'perceive' panic-buying to have started, that's when people start panic-buying.

It's all psychological warfare, and some people are just responding to their programming. Share a few videos and stories on social media, and that triggers the 'sheep' to follow suit. They just 'follow the herd' really, "I better go down the shops and stock up before everything runs out!" etc

And when people start 'panic-buying', where do they head to? Yes that's right, all the 'big' supermarkets like Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons etc. Your big corporate giants, who are probably lobbying people in order to give their sales a bit of a boost, and what better way by getting shoppers to start unneccessarily 'panic-buying'.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I don't think it has. But as we saw earlier this year, it doesn't take much for peoples' 'perceptions' to be altered, to cause this kind of change in behaviour.

When people 'perceive' panic-buying to have started, that's when people start panic-buying.

It's all psychological warfare, and some people are just responding to their programming. Share a few videos and stories on social media, and that triggers the 'sheep' to follow suit. They just 'follow the herd' really, "I better go down the shops and stock up before everything runs out!" etc

And when people start 'panic-buying', where do they head to? Yes that's right, all the 'big' supermarkets like Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons etc. Your big corporate giants, who are probably lobbying people in order to give their sales a bit of a boost, and what better way by getting shoppers to start unneccessarily 'panic-buying'.

Who knows, I agree with what your saying the big companies are always going to make a profit. I find Alex Bellfield reports to be fairly reported.

3 minutes ago, Captainlove said:

Who knows, I agree with what your saying the big companies are always going to make a profit. I find Alex Bellfield reports to be fairly reported.

I'll be honest, I've never heard of him/her, could you provide a link please?

On the 'big supermarkets' I do recall that late last year, several were putting out 'profit warnings' and both Tesco and Morrisons were shedding jobs. In particular Morrisons caused some outrage in Shirley (Solihull) by closing their store there putting people out of work, because 'cutting costs'. Only for them to then build a brand new store in Stirchley (Birmingham).

Post-"panic-buying" season earlier this year, all the 'big supermarkets' were reporting great successes, and they all started recruiting staff again.

We had all the scenes shared on social media about shoppers fighting each other over toilet rolls. Yet my local independent supermarkets and convenience stores always had some in stock. It was all 'manufactured demand' in my opinion, and a test to see how psychologically 'triggered' shoppers could be.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

On the 'big supermarkets' I do recall that late last year, several were putting out 'profit warnings' and both Tesco and Morrisons were shedding jobs. In particular Morrisons caused some outrage in Shirley (Solihull) by closing their store there putting people out of work, because 'cutting costs'. Only for them to then build a brand new store in Stirchley (Birmingham).

Post-"panic-buying" season earlier this year, all the 'big supermarkets' were reporting great successes, and they all started recruiting staff again.

We had all the scenes shared on social media about shoppers fighting each other over toilet rolls. Yet my local independent supermarkets and convenience stores always had some in stock. It was all 'manufactured demand' in my opinion, and a test to see how psychologically 'triggered' shoppers could be.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmgPfkRooDpmni6LzMuYtg

1 minute ago, Grumpy Owl said:

He's another ex BBC guy.

Used to like some of his stuff, but he's  into the LBGQTWERTY crowd I think too

3 minutes ago, Jack said:

He's another ex BBC guy.

Used to like some of his stuff, but he's  into the LBGQTWERTY crowd I think too

Yes he freely admits to being ex BBc but they did him over i believe so he has no loyalty to them. His sexual preference has nothing to due with me. I think he reports fairly.

Just now, Captainlove said:

Yes he freely admits to being ex BBc but they did him over i believe so he has no loyalty to them. His sexual preference has nothing to due with me. I think he reports fairly.

His sexual prefernce has nothing to do with me neither, however he is part of the QWERTY agenda

Just now, ItsTheTruthThough said:

He isn’t lgbtq? One of his videos was him drooling over some woman.

I don't know iwhat sexuality he is, was watching one of his videos and he went off on one, think it was one of his phone ins

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

I don't know iwhat sexuality he is, was watching one of his videos and he went off on one, think it was one of his phone ins

Ah I’ve not seen that yet. I only found him about 3 weeks ago and just thought it was an odd video all about a woman he drools over - Kelly Brooke I think? 
All his videos are somewhat professional and news related then that video sort of struck me as a bit odd and random in comparison. 

Ive noticed certain items have become scarce near me. Paracetamol as mentioned but peanut butter is like gold round here at the moment had to go to four stores before i could get a jar. I one thing that is in very short supply and the one thing that is causing me problems is timber. its seriously hurting my business. the prices have nearly doubled and no one has any stocks, soon as a delivery arrives its gone. least I'm not worried about food Ive a chest freezer packed with meat and a garden full of veg so at least i wont starve lol.

Some (me included) think that engineered famine, having been used time and time again (to this very day) as an exceptionally effective and relatively cheap weapon is going to be deployed world wide.

Here's a way to do it -

create nation states so that international trade dependancy can be created.

Industrialise food production and introduce several ways to degrade the quality of and poison food and soil.

Make nations dependent on imports and exports for balance in their food supply.  Whereas every country can produce almost all it needs itself, very few do.

Discourage at all times and in all ways individual self-sufficiency, monopolise seeds and plants via patenting.

When the time is right disrupt supply chains and production.

Maybe even burn down a very large food distribution centre or two, engineer some mega-storms just before harvest in major grain producing areas etc. etc.

We've all got to think seriously about supplying our own food or we'll be eating soylent green.

I recommend http://www.iceagefarmer.com/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My brother told me pasta shelves were looking  empty  again last night.. the fear grows among them again even though they haven't  yet died since January. 

The supermarket owners will be rubbing their  greasy hands together at the thought of the profits..

On 9/21/2020 at 10:34 PM, Itsjaybigjay said:

Ive noticed certain items have become scarce near me. Paracetamol as mentioned but peanut butter is like gold round here at the moment had to go to four stores before i could get a jar. I one thing that is in very short supply and the one thing that is causing me problems is timber. its seriously hurting my business. the prices have nearly doubled and no one has any stocks, soon as a delivery arrives its gone. least I'm not worried about food Ive a chest freezer packed with meat and a garden full of veg so at least i wont starve lol.

Plenty of peanut butter in shops round here! I did notice back in March it was all sold out though. A lot of foods were sold out back then but I managed to get food in. I even made some  veggie  meals from my wartime 1940 recipe book lol.

I've usually got a lot of frozen veg in the freezer and tins of beans like butter beans in the cupboards so I can make stews. 

I only eat one meal a day so I don't need a ton of food.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
On 9/21/2020 at 2:23 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

This is true. Supermarket chains have, for decades, employed a veritable army of psychologists whose job it was to encourage shoppers to spend. Things like product placement, lighting, music, and aisle direction are all carefully thought out. Strategically-placed items to encourage 'impulse buys'  are dotted around the shops, usually at the cash register. Sweets placed on the lower shelves (the eye level of a child) and magazines, at the eye level of an adult. Walking into Tesco is like entering a psy-op going on in real time.

Tomatoes and red kidney beans and marmite shortage around here. Some one obviously likes chilli con carne and beefy flavoured toast 

• Haha 1
On 9/23/2020 at 9:03 AM, shadowmoon said:

My brother told me pasta shelves were looking  empty  again last night.. the fear grows among them again even though they haven't  yet died since January. 

The supermarket owners will be rubbing their  greasy hands together at the thought of the profits..

I dont think it will make much differrence over the year 

The person who buys 700 loo rolls today has just bought a years supply (or 3) so wont be buying them again so it will even out.

Of course there will be a slight gain as some bulk bought stuff will be wasted - go rotten - lost in accident ( eg storing loo roll behind the toilet in a house full of boys) but mostly stocking today = not buying later.