The nonsense they push on our children

As usual, having a ponder to myself, I had to wonder why our amazing (because they truly are) children are being brainwashed in to buying toys that poop, or poop toys in general. There seems to be a trend of pooping unicorns, poopsie this and that..

Don't get me started on LOL Dolls. Why on earth are the dolls dressed so provocatively? 

Slime toys.. I mean..the novelty wears off after two minutes and they're countless.

I look back at the toys from the 80s and 90s, those were great.

Now.....well...not much of an imagination anymore. Just...crap! (Pardon the pun 😉 )

I remember a South Park episode where Stan comes of an age where everything is crap. He really was on to something. I feel for our children. 

We can learn so much from them, yet we give them unicorn farts. What have we become..

Sorry, I needed to rant. It's just shocking really.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Can't you make some toys , or do some Fimo modelling ?

I would love to try that. I remember saying as a kid that I wanted to do that for a living 🙂

Somewhere along the line, through the years, I lost my entire grasp of creativity. 

But I think it is coming back..slowly but surely.

Actually, heck, I am definitely going to do that. If not now, then when? As the saying goes.

I am pretty rubbish at arty things 😆  this could be interesting..

Edited by allymisfit
  • Sad 1

@allymisfit   Maybe you can get some remnants from a sewing shop and stitch together a doll from them, only requires a simple stitch, like a patchwork doll ... pretty easy I'd imagine, you could even get a template to do an Octopus with 8 arms each in a different material.  Fun stuff, for everyone.

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

@allymisfit   Maybe you can get some remnants from a sewing shop and stitch together a doll from them, only requires a simple stitch, like a patchwork doll ... pretty easy I'd imagine, you could even get a template to do an Octopus with 8 arms each in a different material.  Fun stuff, for everyone.

I quite like those ideas. I am embarrassed to say that I'm not particularly good at sewing..I might need to relearn..

However, you've given me some ideas! Thanks 😄

Are you in to crafts? If so, I'd be interested to hear!

3 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

Are you in to crafts? If so, I'd be interested to hear!

Hmm ... well I got some crayons last year and a small sketchpad which I do here and there, it's pretty awful but you've gotta learn somehow.

And I can do a bit of sewing, just a backstitch (basic stitch) but it's not really hard.  I even sowed the bathmat the other day (had to cut the corner off so it fit next to the loo).

Could be worse !

Anyway I think kids like doing that kind of stuff with parents.  Collages are quite good.  Newspaper, crepe paper, fabric all stuck together.  You can even stick it in a frame afterwards.

1 hour ago, allymisfit said:

I would love to try that. I remember saying as a kid that I wanted to do that for a living 🙂

Somewhere along the line, through the years, I lost my entire grasp of creativity. 

But I think it is coming back..slowly but surely.

Actually, heck, I am definitely going to do that. If not now, then when? As the saying goes.

I am pretty rubbish at arty things 😆  this could be interesting..

Don’t worry, my artistic ability is so dire it’s almost a talent😁

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/6213-i-make-marionettes/

When did you last see a kid playing with one of those? my sister had a pinnochio one and I had a little dog, proper wood toys.

Make them dance and make up funny adventures 😄..

Toys now seem soulless.