CBD oil...is it real?

Apologies if this has been discussed, I did try to search for topics on CBD but only found a thread about CBD for dogs!

I was just wondering what people's experiences have been with CBD oil. I've got a tester of full spectrum, 30% paste made from hemp. I have been taking 30mg a day for the last 2 days. It's for stress/anxiety/whatever.

I thought I sort of noticed a difference but then I had a bit of an anxiety attack type thing this morning. Saying that I seemed to recover from it quite well. Then again is it only placebo?

I have read in one place it takes time to build in your body, somewhere else it says it works straight away and can be used for acute anxiety.

I have also read that doseage is quite a personal thing. I am thinking maybe I'm not taking enough, but it could get pretty expensive on higher doses!

I also have continued to have shooting pains down my legs (I think it's sciatica) despite the CBD. Again I have read quite high doses are recommended for pain, though.

Is it all just a crock, placebo (which I am not sniffing at) or is it genuine? I tend to be suspicious of anything that is (allowed to be) supported in the mainstream!

Any advice, input or experiences would be welcome.

I've tried it and my opinion is, perhaps high doses work. But at affordable levels it doesn't do much if anything. The illegal stuff where it came from is much better! 😆

EDIT: I should say that my experience isn't the one and only perhaps affordable doses do work for some

Edited by - TZC -
felt like it

The thing is, the illegal stuff really doesn't agree with me. It has quite an unsettling and often hallucinogenic effect on me. For example. I went out to a field behind my house once to smoke it. Thought, that'll be nice. On the walk back I almost felt like I didn't know where I was, and home was a much further walk than I remembered. I almost got lost. It felt almost a bit nightmarish. All I wanted to was to get home and lie on the sofa. To be fair, once I did that I felt fine and went to sleep which was probably much needed. Another time, i was expermineting with oil. I accidentally took too much. I was on my own, I could hear all the creaks in the house and felt like there were spirits ...

I've been told the thing about cannabis is that it enhances what's already there. So perhaps it was telling me, 'you need to just go lie on the sofa and fall asleep right now- you're tired' and 'you feel insecure on your own in the house' which I do. Maybe it is useful. But these experiences are so disturbing it puts me off.

Edited by Persephone
spelling

I was vaping 1200mg. Pure cbd 40 pounds per 10 ml. I finished one bottle and all it did was ruin the coil (I wasn't expecting any buzz or anything, but hoping it would help something else I'd rather not mention here - and it didn't)

I'm holding the other bottle now still sealed, 1200 is quite strong I believe. If I needed to vape 80 pounds worth a week to help, I thought forget it 🙂

I hear you about unsettling. It's not for everyone. I hope you can find use in the paste while experimenting with dosage.

Out of interest how much does what you have cost?

10 hours ago, - TZC - said:

I was vaping 1200mg. Pure cbd 40 pounds per 10 ml. I finished one bottle and all it did was ruin the coil (I wasn't expecting any buzz or anything, but hoping it would help something else I'd rather not mention here - and it didn't)

I'm holding the other bottle now still sealed, 1200 is quite strong I believe. If I needed to vape 80 pounds worth a week to help, I thought forget it 🙂

I hear you about unsettling. It's not for everyone. I hope you can find use in the paste while experimenting with dosage.

Out of interest how much does what you have cost?

So you vaped 1200mg in one go? Bloody hell I'm only taking 20mg in one go of the paste!

It was £21 for a sample of 300mg. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to put the company name but I got it online.

@Persephone
your negative experiences above...
could be because of a certain (potent?) strain of it.
crappy experiences also happen when the seeds/stems are mixed in.

i used to smoke mainly when my allergies hit me,
just 3-4 puffs and everything clears up for around 5 hours - its a powerful antihistamine

haven't tried the oil though

also,
know your limits

Edited by shabbirss
On 9/18/2020 at 10:14 AM, Persephone said:

So you vaped 1200mg in one go? Bloody hell I'm only taking 20mg in one go of the paste!

It was £21 for a sample of 300mg. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to put the company name but I got it online.

No, it is 120mg per ml. but I did vape the whole bottle across a couple of days so averaging 600mg per day for 2 days. I just read the instructions on the bottle I still have and it says you're meant to drip the desired amount into eliquid, and shake - Oops. I drained the bottle in a high powered mod neat in 2 days LOL

I think I took enough if I was going to get anything from it

But it doesn't say anything about full spectrum. Just pure. So I don't know 🙄 I'd guess it helps some more than others.

EDIT: Also there's the possibility that it was bootleg concentrated cat wee, or something, who knows

Edited by - TZC -

@Persephone took it for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which I've had for 15 years - made no difference over the course of a few months. 

Also smoked CBD leaf cannabis (without THC) made me a little light headed, but nothing more. 

Sorry, but I can't recommend. 

I have also tried pure cannabis oil, but all that did was give me a crazy trip which almost me do something really really stupid, so this wasn't an option moving forwards. 

• 1 month later...

I was taking cbd capsules for about a year and at first there was a noticeable positive difference; I felt focused, less stressed and just overall good and positive.  This wore off after a few months however, I assume I just got used to it, built up tolerance and I stopped noticing any of the initial positives.  6 months ago (missing that goodness) I decided to up the dose to see if I could experience those benefits once again.  I switched to oil 500mg from what I have researched to be a reputable place (cbdrelieve.co.uk) and I'm sure they are.  Much stronger than the capsules this time I found I started to experience a totally unexpected and much unwanted side effect, confusion and forgetfulness.  

Yes my short term memory was getting worse, i was getting seriously worried, I've always been a forgetful guy but this was a lot more noticeable now, even with people around me starting to get concerned, my first thoughts were maybe I'm getting old, or one of my worst fears maybe it's the start of some terrible disease dare I say it like Alzheimer's.  

Now I funnily enough had felt much like this before, in my early 20s as a student I did dabble shall we say quite a bit, and every time I got high with my friends I would often end up being the topic of our stoned conversations an they would laugh and wonder at me and my inability to follow a conversation.  Once I tried paying my friend for a lift home as I genuinely thought I was in a taxi, luckily managed to make out to be a joke, but I could tell he was worried, yep I was that bad. I hid best I could from them just how bad I knew I really was, inside myself I can tell you I was really scared with massive confusion , I couldn't follow conversations, but worse faces, places etc were a mystery to me like one would expect with someone suffering from Alzheimer's or the like, I knew those type of effects could be common but it always seemed to effect me way more than others, scared me to the point where I stopped it all and I gladly returned to normality.

So when this problem started coming back to me all these years later although not as bad but noticeable that's it I thought, I stopped the cbd and a within a few weeks later was back to my usual self.  I was able to sense the changes in myself very quickly and could recognise it from past experiences.  These days I have a mind taxing job (I'm a programmer) and if I may big myself up a very good regular online chess player, I was able to very quickly sense my decline in those activities with my intake of the oil.  I had no expectation that may happen and from my research was even expecting an increase in cognitive ability.

In conclusion like people here have already said cbd is a very personal thing it effects everyone differently at different levels, I've found it does not agree with me, at least in a higher doses.  I think if you're going to take it you need to really be scientific about it and have your ways to measure the effects good and bad.

Lastly, as someone who has experienced losing ones mind i can tell you it is the single most scariest experience of my life, luckily for me the effects were temporary, i hope, I would rather die than live a life of that level of confusion and feel for anyone suffering with a terrible disease such as Alzheimer's, dimentia or the like.  As a result these days try to take the best care of myself and family when it comes to diet and nutrition and don't experiment with cbd or anything like anymore.  Simple healthy eating is all you really need, we all know it, but often the lure of a quick fix is too great.

Edited by simonb1977