CBD oil...is it real?

Apologies if this has been discussed, I did try to search for topics on CBD but only found a thread about CBD for dogs!

I was just wondering what people's experiences have been with CBD oil. I've got a tester of full spectrum, 30% paste made from hemp. I have been taking 30mg a day for the last 2 days. It's for stress/anxiety/whatever.

I thought I sort of noticed a difference but then I had a bit of an anxiety attack type thing this morning. Saying that I seemed to recover from it quite well. Then again is it only placebo?

I have read in one place it takes time to build in your body, somewhere else it says it works straight away and can be used for acute anxiety.

I have also read that doseage is quite a personal thing. I am thinking maybe I'm not taking enough, but it could get pretty expensive on higher doses!

I also have continued to have shooting pains down my legs (I think it's sciatica) despite the CBD. Again I have read quite high doses are recommended for pain, though.

Is it all just a crock, placebo (which I am not sniffing at) or is it genuine? I tend to be suspicious of anything that is (allowed to be) supported in the mainstream!

Any advice, input or experiences would be welcome.

I've tried it and my opinion is, perhaps high doses work. But at affordable levels it doesn't do much if anything. The illegal stuff where it came from is much better! 😆

EDIT: I should say that my experience isn't the one and only perhaps affordable doses do work for some

Edited by - TZC -
felt like it

The thing is, the illegal stuff really doesn't agree with me. It has quite an unsettling and often hallucinogenic effect on me. For example. I went out to a field behind my house once to smoke it. Thought, that'll be nice. On the walk back I almost felt like I didn't know where I was, and home was a much further walk than I remembered. I almost got lost. It felt almost a bit nightmarish. All I wanted to was to get home and lie on the sofa. To be fair, once I did that I felt fine and went to sleep which was probably much needed. Another time, i was expermineting with oil. I accidentally took too much. I was on my own, I could hear all the creaks in the house and felt like there were spirits ...

I've been told the thing about cannabis is that it enhances what's already there. So perhaps it was telling me, 'you need to just go lie on the sofa and fall asleep right now- you're tired' and 'you feel insecure on your own in the house' which I do. Maybe it is useful. But these experiences are so disturbing it puts me off.

Edited by Persephone
spelling

I was vaping 1200mg. Pure cbd 40 pounds per 10 ml. I finished one bottle and all it did was ruin the coil (I wasn't expecting any buzz or anything, but hoping it would help something else I'd rather not mention here - and it didn't)

I'm holding the other bottle now still sealed, 1200 is quite strong I believe. If I needed to vape 80 pounds worth a week to help, I thought forget it 🙂

I hear you about unsettling. It's not for everyone. I hope you can find use in the paste while experimenting with dosage.

Out of interest how much does what you have cost?

10 hours ago, - TZC - said:

I was vaping 1200mg. Pure cbd 40 pounds per 10 ml. I finished one bottle and all it did was ruin the coil (I wasn't expecting any buzz or anything, but hoping it would help something else I'd rather not mention here - and it didn't)

I'm holding the other bottle now still sealed, 1200 is quite strong I believe. If I needed to vape 80 pounds worth a week to help, I thought forget it 🙂

I hear you about unsettling. It's not for everyone. I hope you can find use in the paste while experimenting with dosage.

Out of interest how much does what you have cost?

So you vaped 1200mg in one go? Bloody hell I'm only taking 20mg in one go of the paste!

It was £21 for a sample of 300mg. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to put the company name but I got it online.

@Persephone
your negative experiences above...
could be because of a certain (potent?) strain of it.
crappy experiences also happen when the seeds/stems are mixed in.

i used to smoke mainly when my allergies hit me,
just 3-4 puffs and everything clears up for around 5 hours - its a powerful antihistamine

haven't tried the oil though

also,
know your limits

Edited by shabbirss
On 9/18/2020 at 10:14 AM, Persephone said:

So you vaped 1200mg in one go? Bloody hell I'm only taking 20mg in one go of the paste!

It was £21 for a sample of 300mg. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to put the company name but I got it online.

No, it is 120mg per ml. but I did vape the whole bottle across a couple of days so averaging 600mg per day for 2 days. I just read the instructions on the bottle I still have and it says you're meant to drip the desired amount into eliquid, and shake - Oops. I drained the bottle in a high powered mod neat in 2 days LOL

I think I took enough if I was going to get anything from it

But it doesn't say anything about full spectrum. Just pure. So I don't know 🙄 I'd guess it helps some more than others.

EDIT: Also there's the possibility that it was bootleg concentrated cat wee, or something, who knows

Edited by - TZC -

@Persephone took it for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which I've had for 15 years - made no difference over the course of a few months. 

Also smoked CBD leaf cannabis (without THC) made me a little light headed, but nothing more. 

Sorry, but I can't recommend. 

I have also tried pure cannabis oil, but all that did was give me a crazy trip which almost me do something really really stupid, so this wasn't an option moving forwards.