Second Earthquake in Leighton Buzzard

2 hours ago, mishy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8730803/SECOND-earthquake-week-hits-Leighton-Buzzard-overnight.html

A 2.1 on the Richter scale apparently. 11:20pm last night. I'm less than 10 miles away didn't hear or feel anything.

The Richter Scale is a logscale, so 2.1 is very small. A quake of 3.1 is ten times more powerful and might be noticeable. 

The one in Fukushima was 7.4, which is 200,000 time more powerful!!!!! 

The UK has lucky geology. 

I'm still waiting for the Big One in California! 

the dudley one i was sitting at my computer and the shockwave pushed my office chair forward and i was 60 miles away

im like what on earth was that

i was also up when the buncefield gas depot exploded and i heard that 30 miles away

Probably making more space underground at RAF Stanbridge. I remember when protesters were on the news at the gates of fracking somewhere up north and never did any lorries go in or out. I thought then they are building underground.  Fracking was just a cover for vibration and booms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 10:32 PM, Rachel Underhill said:

Probably making more space underground at RAF Stanbridge. I remember when protesters were on the news at the gates of fracking somewhere up north and never did any lorries go in or out. I thought then they are building underground.  Fracking was just a cover for vibration and booms.

Interesting comment. I gather there have been 'problems' with the contractors who were supposed to be building on the old base...

• Like 1