ISRAEL

7 minutes ago, The OC said:

You wrote: "God would not order the genocide of humans. Amalek are Nephilim, so not human."

By introducing a different point of view coming from another perspective, it can help to piece together a better understanding of a larger problem. 

Understand Your...
Point of View

Point of view is literally “the place” from which you view something. It includes what you are looking at and the way you are seeing it.
Make sure you understand the limitations of your point of view and that you fully consider other relevant viewpoints.

Questions to check your point of view

• How am I looking at this situation? Is there another way to look at it that I should consider?
  • What exactly am I focused on? And how am I seeing it?
  • Is my view the only reasonable view? What does my point of view ignore?
  • Have you ever considered the way ____(Japanese, Muslims, South Americans, etc.) view this?
  • Which of these possible viewpoints makes the most sense given the situation?
  • Am I having difficulty looking at this situation from a viewpoint with which I disagree?
  • What is the point of view of the author of this story?
  • Do I study viewpoints that challenge my personal beliefs?

Nah, it's in the scripture. The scripture is infallible.

You're overthinking things too much.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, The OC said:

Altering the historical narrative through linguistic revisionism

The information on Wikipedia's Antisemitism page has been thoroughly revised.

How can there be a Timeline of antisemitism before the creation of the term, which was first used "in 1860 by the Austrian Jewish scholar Moritz Steinschneider (1816–1907) in the phrase antisemitische Vorurteile (antisemitic prejudices)"?

The answer to that question may be found in linguistic revisionism.
In historiographyhistorical revisionism is the reinterpretation of a historical account.[1] It usually involves challenging the orthodox (established, accepted or traditional) views held by professional scholars about a historical event or timespan or phenomenon, introducing contrary evidence, or reinterpreting the motivations and decisions of the people involved. The revision of the historical record can reflect new discoveries of fact, evidence, and interpretation, which then results in revised history. In dramatic cases, revisionism involves a reversal of older moral judgments.

unnamed(1).png.a1a3485dc95e5fd48c234cf7e90e6b2a.png

SourceQUORA

"One of the greatest examples, while being one of the most overlooked forms, of historical revisionism is one in which almost every state in the world participates. I am referring to the historical revisionism that is used for the sake of nation building. The breed of historical revisionism that states partake in can often be better referred to as historical distortion."

main-qimg-a9b57bf80228f9b9903bd8ef8e2cd032-lq.jpg.96d84034bc7e029744bd62db51090ac6.jpg

Note that there is nothing wrong with historical revisionism in itself. That is if it is done without bias or underlying motives. Historians are constantly analyzing evidence or research that results in the re-interpretation of history. This is a normal part of history. The prevalent theories change with time as new information comes to light.

Each country has its own version of historical revisionism for establishing a national narrative among the domestic population. A version of history that gives that nation a unique and grand history. One that sets them apart (often in a manner of superiority) from other nations. It is essentially a country “re-writing” its own history at the moment of its inception to create a grand identity. A common form of historical revisionism is to associate that country with ancient successful empires, who are declared to have been predecessors of the state or ancestors of the people. Another common form is to downplay, omit, or re-write the troublesome parts of a nation’s history. Note that this historical “re-writing” is not done to challenge the pre-existing theories in the professional historian communities, but rather for the sake of indoctrination of the domestic populace into the national narrative.

Some of the more developed countries, with a large pre-existing intelligentsia class, are able to indulge in this historical revisionism in a meticulous manner. It carefully analyzes historical facts to set up a national narrative that is able to withstand some level of scrutiny or cross-examination. Examples being countries like Russia, Israel, and some other European nations. Other countries, which are poor and developing, partake in this historical revisionism in a hilariously clumsy manner. Outright false (and often laughable) versions of history are taught to the domestic populace for the sake of indoctrination of the youth into the national narrative. Afghanistan and Pakistan both serve as good examples.

1a.jpg.276ed98ffe47803dff6c7ac7c9f07928.jpg

This form of national indoctrination commonly starts at a very young age within schools, so that the national narrative is ingrained into the minds of the populace by the time they become adults. Most of what we learn as children is what we are taught by our teachers is schools.

There are multiple examples off the top of my head of clumsy efforts at historical revisionism by the Afghan and Pakistani states.

Look at the Afghan national narrative of the Afghan nation having a five thousand year old history as an example. An idea that is clearly ridiculous, given that even the Great Pyramid of Giza is not quite that ancient. Or the historical revisionism to claim the Ghaznavid Empire to have been at least “half-Pashtun”, despite the historical evidence suggesting otherwise, for the sake of association with one of the most successful empires based out of Afghanistan.

Similarly, the Pakistani national narrative that promotes the Arab general Muhammad Bin Qasim as the “first Pakistani” to serve the national narrative of the Two-Nation Theory. Or association with random Islamic historical figures that have next to nothing to do with Pakistan. A re-writing of that is often just laughable. A recently promoted narrative by Pakistani nationalists is that Pakistan and India have nothing in common, as they belong to different civilizations (Indus vs Ganges civilization). Or that Pakistan is actually the real India (Indus Civilization), rather than India itself. The purpose being to try to dissociate Pakistan completely from India. Unfortunately for them, these theories has no real basis in history.

Some of the recent attempts of historical revisionism by the Indian right-wing also seem similarly clumsy.

These are all clumsy forms of historical revisionism that can be proven false by five minutes of online research. However, as I mentioned before, the purpose is just to indoctrinate the local population. That is why millions of people from both nations believe these national narratives. And will refuse to acknowledge anything that counters these narratives that they have heard since childhood.

1b.jpg.031d8ed39890736e005433d52b1dbb14.jpg

I am sure that most other countries have their own versions of historical revisionism/distortion for the sake of a national narrative as well. I did not mention them, as I am more familiar with the national narratives promoted in this part of the world.

Now, this isn’t to say that historical revisionism by states is a modern invention. But, it has become common practice since the onset of the modern era, as the common public has become literate. There are numerous examples of states or dynasties partaking in this form of historical revisionism.

It was very common for newly-arisen dynasties to write their own historiography or “version of history” throughout the ancient and medieval era. The purpose being to elevate the story or history own dynasty, while vilifying their rivals. Take for example the Timurid historiography that conjured up a grand early history (prior to Timur) of their ancestors who were descended from a mythical Mongol queen. Or the historical revisionism by the Mughal emperors to improve the image of Timur among the Muslim elite within India. We can also look at the story of Osman’s Dream that was “discovered” by the Ottomans centuries after his death to create a foundational semi-divine myth for the empire. The truth is that the history of this form of historical revisionism by states or dynasties goes back to the very beginning.

1c.jpg.48096c25f071f08f947ed0cfd37c1e87.jpg

The manner in which the Mughal historiography was able to change the perception of Timur, their great ancestor, in the minds of the Muslim elite of the Indian Subcontinent is nothing short of fascinating. Remember that Timur was the man who closed the book on the golden age of the Sultanate of Delhi.

From antiquity until today, in 2023 is there a "Timeline of Friendship Towards the Jews" available? 

Antiquity · Century C.E.: 1st · 2nd · 3rd · 4th · 5th · 6th · 7th · 8th · 9th · 10th · 11th · 12th · 13th · 14th · 15th · 16th · 17th · 18th · 19th · 20th · 21st

As opposed to a Timeline of antisemitism.

Antiquity · Century C.E.: 1st · 2nd · 3rd · 4th · 5th · 6th · 7th  · 8th · 9th · 10th · 11th · 12th · 13th · 14th · 15th · 16th  · 17th · 18th · 19th  · 20th · 21st

Long before "the controversial term "philosemitism" arose as a pejorative in Germany to describe the positive prejudice towards Jews; in other words, a philosemite is a "Jew-lover" or "Jew-friend"."?

Coined in Germany in 1880 as the antonym to another neologism – antisemitism – the word “philosemitism” was invented by avowed antisemites as a sneering term of denunciation for their opponents.

There must be volumes of books which were lost or destroyed, some which are still available, with stories, quotations, and sayings that give the reader a firsthand and honest description of the author's interaction with Jewish people. 

And I'm just looking to find all the positive stories, quotations, poems etc. written up about them as individuals and as a community. 

Someone must have compiled a database or list over the years.

What is the general sentiment of non-Jews towards the Jewish people around the world?

Examples:

From a historical standpoint, what positive stories have people from ethnic European backgrounds, African, First Nations, Asian, Aborigines etc. honestly documented?

Edited by The OC

On 12/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, ReptileSlayer said:

Nah, it's in the scripture. The scripture is infallible.

You're overthinking things too much.

You wrote: "God would not order the genocide of humans. Amalek are Nephilim, so not human."

I couldn't find any passages in the scriptures (OT/NT) that confirm what you wrote?

Unless you're referring to another book or set of books.

Edited by The OC

48 minutes ago, The OC said:

I couldn't find any passages in the scriptures (OT/NT) that confirm what you wrote?

Unless you're referring to another book or set of books.

No, its in the OT. Amalek are called "Nephilim who eat their own offspring". I can't find the verse now but it's in Deuteronomy. Just search for "Amalekites + Nephilim" and you'll find allot talk about this subject.

Edited by ReptileSlayer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ReptileSlayer said:

No, its in the OT. Amalek are called "Nephilim who eat their own offspring". I can't find the verse now but it's in Deuteronomy. Just search for "Amalekites + Nephilim" and you'll find allot talk about this subject.

That's an eisegetical interpretation of scripture.

Sorry pal, you got it wrong .

425823923_unnamed(5).jpg.e84e097916e07fc5f683b8b96f78b687.jpg.5a2e2a288232dc366dd0b48739d96ea9.jpg.53695ab9cd442f5f4711d8136ee5f4c3.jpg.06c429bb1b7c975f62b4f819dfdadd54.jpg

Click the link below to learn the difference between eisegesis vs. exegesis.

1 minute ago, The OC said:

That's an eisegetical interpretation of scripture.

Sorry pal, you got it wrong .

425823923_unnamed(5).jpg.e84e097916e07fc5f683b8b96f78b687.jpg.5a2e2a288232dc366dd0b48739d96ea9.jpg.53695ab9cd442f5f4711d8136ee5f4c3.jpg.06c429bb1b7c975f62b4f819dfdadd54.jpg

Click the link below to learn the difference between eisegesis vs. exegesis.

You're just assuming things now. I was actually surprised myself when I stumbled on this scripture myself. So instead of telling me "I'm wrong" without giving us any explanation how you come to that conclusion. Why don't you give us your opinion on the Amalekites and God's order to exterminate them so we can decide who's "eisegetical" here before I humiliate you with the scripture when I find it?

21 minutes ago, ReptileSlayer said:

You're just assuming things now. I was actually surprised myself when I stumbled on this scripture myself. So instead of telling me "I'm wrong" without giving us any explanation how you come to that conclusion. Why don't you give us your opinion on the Amalekites and God's order to exterminate them so we can decide who's "eisegetical" here before I humiliate you with the scripture when I find it?

The balls in your court.

Don't forget to cite your sources. 

4 minutes ago, The OC said:

The balls in your court.

Don't forget to cite your sources. 

Numbers 13:28-33

But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there.  The Amalekites live in the Negev; the Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the hill country; and the Canaanites live near the sea and along the Jordan.”

Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”

But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.  We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

31 minutes ago, ReptileSlayer said:

Numbers 13:28-33

But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there.  The  Amalekites live in the Negev; the Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the hill country; and the Canaanites live near the sea and along the Jordan.”

Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”

But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.  We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

Looks like this comes from the NIV version.

The verse you provided mentions several tribes;

The Anakim, the Amalekites, the Hittites, the Jebusites and Amorites, the Canaanites, the Israelites, the Nephilim.

3 hours ago, ReptileSlayer said:

The Anakim and the Amalekites appear to be two separate "tribes of giants".

Anak - Wikipedia

According to the Book of Numbers, Anak was a forefather of the Anakim, a Rephaite tribe according to Deuteronomy 2:11 .[2][3][4] Ten of the twelve Israelite spies described them as very tall descendants of Anak, thus associating them with the Nephilim of Genesis 6:1–4. [5]

Edited by The OC

https://www.julianrose.info/2023/12/the-zionist-cause-is-a-dark-reversal-of-the-real-destiny-of-israel-a-true-story/

;[

In a break from the Kibbutz work schedule, I was fortuitously given the opportunity to meet a senior figure of the Israeli military, in Haifa. A kind, thoughtful individual who was close to retirement.

Questioning him about his perspective on Israeli/Palestinian tensions, he responded in a way that threw a highly significant light on the reality. I recount here my memory of the deeply prescient contents of what he said:

Israel is not a country. The word in Hebrew means ‘to strive with God’ (to work with God). It is a tribal aspiration, it is not a place. To give the name Israel to this area of land is a falsification. It comes from the Zionist belief that this country is the original homeland of the Jews. There is no historical evidence for this belief, it is a dangerous fixation. Zionism is not Judaism.”

Within deeper spiritual texts of old, bestowing imaginary religious powers on material objects and buildings, is considered a form of blasphemy of God, whose omniscient presence is recognised as a manifestation of infinite spirit, giving equal status to all races, colours, creeds and places. A manifestation of universal truth, not a proclamation about rights of ownership.

]

Edited by Talorgan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Talorgan said:

Within deeper spiritual texts of old, bestowing imaginary religious powers on material objects and buildings, is considered a form of blasphemy of God, whose omniscient presence is recognised as a manifestation of infinite spirit, giving equal status to all races, colours, creeds and places. A manifestation of universal truth, not a proclamation about rights of ownership.

Even so, it's a curious choice of career to be a senior officer in the army which defends that blasphemy and occupies its neighbour. 

• Like 1

"Ilya Kahn, 66, a citizen of the United States, Israel and Russia, and resident of Brooklyn, New York, and Los Angeles, California, was arrested yesterday in Los Angeles for his alleged involvement in a years-long scheme to secure and unlawfully export sensitive technology from the United States for the benefit of a Russian business."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/businessman-arrested-scheme-illegally-export-semiconductors-and-other-controlled-technology

#SovietIsrael

See Timeline of antisemitism - Wikipedia

From antiquity until today, in 2024 is there a “Timeline of Friendship Towards the Jews” available?

Antiquity · Century C.E.: 1st · 2nd · 3rd · 4th · 5th · 6th · 7th · 8th · 9th · 10th · 11th · 12th · 13th · 14th · 15th · 16th · 17th · 18th · 19th · 20th · 21st

As opposed to a Timeline of antisemitism.

Comment: I was unable to find a “Timeline of Friendship Towards the Jews” online.

Starting from the 21st Century and going back to Antiquity, if possible, to keep the peace, what if there was a joint effort between Jews and non-Jews who would work together, to accumulate stories from around the world?

Galatians 3:28 Context

25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Long before “the controversial term “philosemitism” arose as a pejorative in Germany to describe the positive prejudice towards Jews; in other words, a philosemite is a “Jew-lover” or “Jew-friend”.”?

Philosemitism - Wikipedia

Coined in Germany in 1880 as the antonym to another neologism – antisemitism – the word “philosemitism” was invented by avowed antisemites as a sneering term of denunciation for their opponents.

Introduction - Philosemitism in History (cambridge.org)

There must be volumes of books which were lost or destroyed, some which are still available, with stories, quotations, and sayings that give the reader a firsthand and honest description of the author’s interaction with Jewish people.

And I’m just looking to find all the positive stories, quotations, poems etc. written up about them as individuals and as a community.

Someone must have compiled a database or list over the years.

What is the general sentiment of non-Jews towards the Jewish people around the world?

From a historical standpoint, what positive stories have people from ethnic European backgrounds, African, First Nations, Asian, Aborigines etc. honestly documented?

Does Rabbinic Judaism Need Enemies to Survive? - Orthodox Reflections

Fact, Fake or Opinion?

Fact, Fake or Opinion?

unnamed(4).png.ef846bc14681ebb1f3d9d90a15e533a7.png
Edited by The OC
  • Like 1

Isaac Herzog’s speech at the WEF reviving the “war on terror” in accordance with the 1997 Neo-Conservative PNAC document is accusing Iran of threatening “the entire universe!”

The President goads ‘the West’ into fighting this proxy war for Israel against the ‘Axis of Evil’ controlled by Iran. It is in our interest to fight Hezbollah, Houthis, Hamas, and Isis!

Iran is the last of seven Muslim nations on Kissinger’s ‘destruction list’ first announced on 9/11. The others are fait accompli, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen.

The world has to unite with Zionism to annihilate these “evil Jihadists” which will put us in enmity with Islam. Grant Shapps, our Foreign Secretary said Britain is ready!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/talk-israel-president-world-economic-forum-davos-frederic-eger-2on6f?trk=article-ssr-frontend-pulse_more-articles_related-content-card

“We are unravelling a huge system of evil that the world has to unite and say: we know it's difficult, but we are with Israel to get the things done.” President Herzog.

Moderator: Thank you very much. Mr. President. Thank you for sharing this. Also, as Professor Schwab said in his introduction to you, I have known you also as a man of peace. (War is Peace.)

Edited by Velma

On 12/27/2023 at 6:24 AM, ReptileSlayer said:

God would not order the genocide of humans. Amalek are Nephilim, so not human.

The Amalekites, like all the other tribes of the Levant were Canaanites, apart from Goliath, therefore, human... they worshipped Baal, a pagan sacrificial cult which the Israelites who settled there, after they smote Amalek, adopted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Velma said:

The Amalekites, like all the other tribes of the Levant were Canaanites, apart from Goliath, therefore, human... they worshipped Baal, a pagan sacrificial cult which the Israelites who settled there, after they smote Amalek, adopted.

And there's a strong indication that the Israelites were also Canaanites originally, therefore polytheists. But YHWH is a jealous God, or at least his priests and prophets are. 

Edited by Campion
  • Like 1