Tv Licence Fee

Bombadil

Was thinking for a long time now how to make my families life more free  from the system. Consider myself on top of most things, but one of my sticking points is bills that you cannot avoid necessarily. For example you can use less utilities but there will always be a standing charge. So even if you turn off completely, a bill, however small will still arrive. Council tax an obvious example as well. But worse than all for me is tv licence fee( in U.K. for people who don’t now what I’m on about). Cheeses me off that I have no choice but to pay for the state slop force fed into my home. I’m not stupid, I don’t watch it, but I still have to pay. 
what makes it worse if possible is that I’m paying for an organisation that tried to cover up Saville amongst many other deliberate attempts to protect themselves or there overseers agendas.

Getting rid off the licence fee altogether and removing bills you pay regardless by replacing them with bills based upon usage off a service only would free every working and middle class family from misery. That way you could make genuine savings and lifestyle choices that suited your own standards and beliefs instead of making choices out of  necessity. Think this would help a lot of people by taking the ever increasing pressure off, if even only a small amount.

Anyway my first idea that I truly believe would unite people  in the U.K Of all religious, ethnic and any other groups is a huge petition to abolish the TV licence fee.  Maybe then they’ll get the message we don’t want to be force fed their crap anymore. Also even if people like their crap they’ll still be happier not to pay for it.

Edited by Bombadil
Copious grammatical errors, not including all those I missed
  • Like 1

Hello. There’s anti BBC websites like a rash out there. https://biasedbbc.org/ Is my favourite.

I realised a few Years ago that the Telly was an instrument of the Devil. I threw it out the Window and go round my Mates house to watch Coronation St and the odd Film. I get threatening Letters Occasionally and once a Muppet Called but I treated him In the same manner as I do with Jehovah’s witnesses.

Edited by Delidroid

15 hours ago, Bombadil said:

Anyway my first idea that I truly believe would unite people  in the U.K Of all religious, ethnic and any other groups is a huge petition to abolish the TV licence fee.  

There is already a petition which closed on the 4th September 2020 (it was started in March, and petitions close after 6 months)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300118

110,836 signatures

Show on a map

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate

Waiting for 2 days for a debate date

I doubt there will be any 'meaningful' debate in Parliament.

If you don't watch the BBC, don't pay the licence fee, simple as that. 👍

OP, I told them a few years ago that I don't require a licence. Of course they didn't take any notice. I get several letters a year from them. I chuck them in the bin. Any randoms coming to the door (happened a couple of times where I think it was them) I didn't answer. Hopefully they'll end the fee soon. I think it's on the cards. They need the CRAPTER's for the COVID marshals anyway

Someone who genuinely does not watch (or record) live TV (or watch iPlayer) and has cancelled their TV Licence has no contract with the BBC / TV Licensing. People who fall into this category are NOT TV license ‘evaders’ — and they become victims of a government racket when an extortion ‘enforcement’ company writes to them – or comes to their door issuing threats.

• The current law

Paragraph 69, Section 363 of the Communications Act 2003 makes it an offence to install or use a “television receiver” without a TV licence in order to watch or record live television (broadcast by any provider) or to watch on demand BBC content via BBC iPlayer. Anyone found to be watching or recording without a licence commits an offence and can be prosecuted (though in practice TV Licensing try to persuade people to buy a licence rather than prosecuting them).

“Found to be watching” would suggest there is evidence. Note that TVL has already been prosecuted on numerous occasions for fabricating ‘evidence’. The courts need to be satisfied there IS evidence and it is sufficient for the issuance of a REAL warrant, and the court retains records the specifics of the alleged evidence. This is always asked for when legal action is taken against TVL.

To generate a fake ‘official’ document for the purposes of gaining entry is FRAUD.

Making a forged document with intent to obtain a money transfer that has not been sanctioned by law is an offence under section 7 of the Fraud Act 2006 which states;

Making or supplying articles for use in frauds

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he makes, adapts, supplies or offers to supply any article—

(a)knowing that it is designed or adapted for use in the course of or in connection with fraud, or

(b)intending it to be used to commit, or assist in the commission of, fraud.

http://www.licencefree.co.uk/warrranthoax.html

Do I Need a TV Licence? Maybe Not, So Cancel and Save Money
https://skintdad.co.uk/cancel-tv-licence/