Is UK Government Justified in Seeking to Add Clarity to The Withdrawal Agreement?

I'm beginning to wonder if PM Johnson actually has the balls or the vision to conduct this withdrawal in the interests of the UK.

Of course it's not going to be easy.

But the options are another 45 years of being raped or to set out on a path that will ultimately lead either to the EU collapsing altogether or having to reform itself back into a Trade Bloc and thereby become more attractive to countries like the UK.

Are we going to leave the monster on the block or do what is necessary to force it to reform?

There is no rosy path ahead. Both are difficult options but at least if we leave we have a good chance of prospering (given some intelligent leadership) and possibly the option of rejoining a reformed EU if that happens.

The current status quo is untenable so we have to leave.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PM Johnson says his amendment is a Safety Net and I think he's correct.

If it means the EU reverts to being a Trade Bloc, as indeed it should be, then we will have done EVERYBODY a great service.  

6.5 billion human beings to be culled over the next ten years by the NWO  and you lot are talking 'politics' Surely by now you've realised all politicians no matter what persuasion or what countr

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jesuitsdidit said:

The question is

Is PM Johnson prepared to call the EU's bluff.

He knows they need us more than we need them.

Is he prepared to do what is right?

If PM Johnson was really on the Ball he would realise the strength of his position and use that to force the EU to reform.

That means dropping the One State gobbledygook, which we did not sign up to in 1973 and which is hugely costly and unnecessary, and go back to the Trade Bloc that we were told we were joining in 1973.

And actually if the EU is not willing to discuss reform then actually there is nothing to discuss at this point. 

Actually we were hugely hampered by the May Government getting pushed into a corner and setting the whole process off onto the wrong foot.

We allowed the EU to set the Ground Rules rather than sticking to the established process for Countries Wishing To Leave.

The point is if the EU play dirty ultimately it will damage them more than us.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very annoying that I have to keep returning to this topic.

If the EU is prepared to allow UK citizens to enter the territory of any EU state and remove any food produce that we fancy then I might consider that to be an acceptable swap for them being able to help themselves to our fish.

The whole EEC/EU process was stacked against the UK from the beginning.

Had we known how deeply they were going to shaft us I imagine we would never have joined.

We should have stuck with our Commonwealth partners instead of stabbing them in the back.

We know that they want our fish that is clear.

If they are not prepared to offer us a trade deal without strings I say we are better off leaving without one and return to the issue later.

The whole leaving process got off on the wrong foot when Mrs May allowed them to set up a ring fence around us before we'd even stepped out of the stable.

They are notoriously unpleasant to deal with and this whole nonsense is because they still think they have the upper hand due to Mrs May's ineptitude.

What I fear PM Johnson does not understand is that if they bully us and treat us shabbily they will be held in low favour by the rest of the World and ultimately that could damage them far more than losing their right to fish in our waters.

The UK won the Battle of Trafalgar and the French lost. Consequently our Empire became bigger than theirs. That's what this is all about - they still haven't got over it 215 years later.

Sorry Frenchies that's the way the World works.

Why did God want us to win and you to lose? 

I don't know.

Why did God want Genghis Khan to have a big Empire?

I don't know.

Sorry losing is so hard for you.

But I am sure when other nations see how much have contributed to humanity in other ways they will be keen to reach down their hand and give you help - maybe even to the extent that you won't feel it necessary to seek to help yourself to our resources. 

C'est la vie and Good Luck.

Quoting above

Sorry I missed out a YOU

But I am sure when other nations see how much YOU have contributed to humanity in other ways they will be keen to reach down their hand and give you help - maybe even to the extent that you won't feel it necessary to seek to help yourself to our resources. 

C'est la vie and Good Luck.

It must be galling to have been left behind. We just took the opportunities as they presented themselves. We were adventurous and we struck out and prospered. Perhaps if we had been blessed with a good climate like yours we might have been content to sit at home with our feet up too. You can't have wealth AND laziness. If you want wealth you have to go out and do some work. Perhaps you should quit with the pantomime??

Sometimes suffering is necessary. It is not pleasant I agree. But I didn't make the World.

If you gripped yourself you could steer yourself out of the situation that you clearly don't enjoy.

Who knows, maybe you had a Big Empire in the ante-Diluvian world? Don't feel too down.

The UK Government is missing a trick with the whole business of fishing.

The UK fishing industry has been decimated over the years, as we allowed EU trawlers into our waters to catch our fish (and then sell them back to us) while having to contend with restrictive 'quotas' and other regulations.

We clearly have an 'asset' that the EU desires, namely our fish.

So it should be quite simple: YOU want our fish, WE'LL catch them and SELL them to you.

UK Gov should be making plans to revive and rebuild our once great fishing industry - think of all the jobs that would be created in shipbuilding and manning the fishing boats.

Coastal villages, towns and cities will attract people looking for work - not just 'migrant workers', but an opportunity for the UK unemployed to retrain and learn new skills.

That's how I see it. Perhaps I'm being too idealistic.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:08 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

UK Gov should be making plans to revive and rebuild our once great fishing industry - think of all the jobs that would be created in shipbuilding and manning the fishing boats.

Difficult to have fishing industry just with boats.   Also need fish, no?
Maybe have 2nd industry to make fish and put in water, even if A.I. fish, then boats come take out and sell to EU.
This is logic for E.U. they like this.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The UK Government is missing a trick with the whole business of fishing.

The UK fishing industry has been decimated over the years, as we allowed EU trawlers into our waters to catch our fish (and then sell them back to us) while having to contend with restrictive 'quotas' and other regulations.

We clearly have an 'asset' that the EU desires, namely our fish.

So it should be quite simple: YOU want our fish, WE'LL catch them and SELL them to you.

Coastal villages, towns and cities will attract people looking for work - not just 'migrant workers', but an opportunity for the UK unemployed to retrain and learn new skills.

That's how I see it. Perhaps I'm being too idealistic.

That is exactly how it should be but what i think will happen is the government will sell licenses to fish uk waters  back to the EU, So the government get a boost to there coffers and the uk public get shafted again.

• 3 weeks later...

If the EU isn't willing to treat us properly then we should walk away.

Basically the EU is finished in it's current form without the input the UK. 

That is why they are so desperate to stop us leaving / keep us tied in.

It's a major Bad Deal for them.

If we leave with No Deal it could be difficult for us initially but ultimately it will lead to the EU having to reform itself and for that the Whole World will salute and congratulate us.

The EU has to reform, it cannot continue in its current form without our contributions, it will alter significantly.

They know that initially it could be tough for us and are hoping that the fear of that will be enough to bring us back into line.

But if we succumb to this pressure we will be

1 consigning ourselves to perpetual slavery to the EU

2 walking away from a golden opportunity to FORCE the EU to reform back to a Trade Bloc instead of being a Superstate, and that will benefit everyone worldwide not just in Europe. It will increase business opportunities for poorer nations allowing them to move towards a more decent standard of living.

It's a game of bluff and they don't want to change and we have to leave them with no option even if we have to suffer temporarily in the short term.

I hope this opportunity to do something really important is not passed up.

And anyway it'll be easier to do a deal once they realise that it's in their interests.

We are in a strong position, we ought to be calling the shots.

Frankly we should walk away and allow the World to see what these "benevolent paragons of virtue" are truly like.

They may be quite shocked.