Birmingham stabbings: One dead seven injured in 'major incident'

Birmingham stabbings: One dead seven injured in 'major incident'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54045143

Police have launched a murder investigation after being called to reports of stabbings in Birmingham city centre in the early hours of Sunday.

One man died, another man and a woman suffered serious injuries, while five others received injuries which were not thought to be life-threatening.

Chief Superintendent Steve Graham said police believed the incidents were linked.

West Midlands Police are hunting for one suspect in relation to the attacks.

The BBC's Nick Clitheroe, at the scene, said it had unfolded in a part of Birmingham where the area known as the Gay Village meets the Chinese Quarter, which is typically busy at night with clubs and bars.

He added: "This appears to have started out as a major fight between large groups of people but obviously at some point knives have been pulled and stabbings have taken place."

What we know so far

Following the media briefing, we have some more details. Here is what we know:

• One man has died, seven others are injured, two critically
  • Constitution Hill was where the first stabbing happened at 00:30 BST
  • The suspect moved south, apparently attacking at random
  • Police do not think the stabbings are terrorism-related or gang-related
  • One single suspect, a man, is being sought - no arrests have been made
  • A knife has been pictured lying on a pavement after being recovered from a drain
  • Prime Minister Boris Johnson has thanked the emergency services

06a234b9-3207-4b8f-a170-40ed52854634.jpg

Apparently WMP have 'hours of CCTV footage to trawl through'. Nothing has been released yet.

All the police have said so far is that the suspect is 'male'. Well, that really narrows things down.

There is no suggestion the attacks were a hate crime, terrorism or gang related, West Midlands Police says

No doubt this will change once they identify their suspect.

I wonder what the odds are of this being a recently-arrived 'asylum seeker' who happens to have 'mental health issues'?

The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner says the stabbings in Birmingham have ‘left the city, the region and the country in shock’.

Well I'm not in shock. There are reports of stabbings practically every week, it's nothing new.

• Like 1

Very odd how it appears to be 2 stories in one, surely the journos can see this 

Have a read of this :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/12595407/birmingham-stabbing-major-incident-murder-probe/amp/

Two further patients with non life-threatening injuries were also taken to Heartlands Hospital for treatment.

One witness, Cara, told BBC Radio Five Live she thought it was "one group of boys against another group of boys".

The witness added: "They were not just having an argument and then fighting, it was straight into fists being thrown. There was not much talking going on.

"Drinks were being dropped, bottles that they had obviously bought in the club, rings were falling off so jewellery was going everywhere, clothes were being torn."

I bet it turns out to be a channel invader. 

• Like 1

I can tell this is a 'genuine' incident, ie not 'staged' or 'false flag'.

Because despite all the CCTV across the city, and witnesses coming forward, no-one has been able to describe the knifeman (yet).

No CCTV 'mugshot', no description of the person being looked for in this 'manhunt', no-one 'named as a suspect' by the police.

And that's probably because they genuinely don't know. Just goes to show how useless they are.

I mean, look at this:

9509ef62-ecea-49ce-9617-2105349a7480.jpg

What the hell are they looking for? Traces of COVID-19?

37b6931e-72cb-4fee-abb3-2be91e7098ca.jpg

To be fair, the amount of stabbings in Birmingham, this knife could have been anyone's.

Concerns about city centre policing: Labour MP

Birmingham Ladywood MP Shabana Mahmood has said she has had concerns about police resources in the city centre, especially as more businesses opened up after lockdown.

c6dff8dc-14de-41d2-be24-53198629b0d6.jpg

"I know that the pandemic has increased pressures and we are one of the youngest cities - if not the youngest in city - in Europe and my constituency is home to a very large proportion of young people and many people who want to go out and enjoy themselves come to the city centre so there are challenges," she said.

"The lockdown and pandemic has heightened those challenges," she added, "so there is certainly a conversation to be had with government about the funding that they make available.

"There are those of us - myself included - who are concerned about the overall state of policing and who want to see the police have all the resources they need to keep all of us safe."

The Birmingham Ladywood consituency covers the city centre.

In my opinion, this isn't about the amount of funding made available, its how best this funding is used.

One Common Purpose trick is the 'misappropriation of public funds'.

Same as with the NHS, the more public (taxpayers) money is pumped into the police, the more it can be siphoned off and wasted unneccesarily.

And I'm sorry Ms Mahmood but this also has nothing to do with this 'pandemic', though I note how often it gets rolled out as a 'convenient excuse'.

22 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I actually held back from predicting earlier what the suspect would be described as.

This guy has confirmed it.

"Black guy, aged 20 to 25" - I was going to predict it would be 'young black male of African appearance'.

Now, I don't want to be making this about race, but from sheer observation from local news reports, there are an awful lot of young black people stabbing each other in Birmingham or being involved in stabbing incidents. So perhaps this is why West Midlands Police are holding back from releasing any 'official' description or CCTV shots of the person responsible that they wish to locate and apprehend.

Because 'black lives matter'? What about everybody else's? Bollocks to political correctness, there is a murderer on the loose that needs to be apprehended.

Something doesn’t smell right. 

The MSM are going totally out of their way to play down the race element. 

Yes maybe the stabbings are real and if so that is just abhorrent. But it seems like it’s just another bombardment of psychological attack to break our heart and spirit even more. On top of COVID, BLM, ANTIFA etc etc etc. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, 2020member said:

Something doesn’t smell right. 

The MSM are going totally out of their way to play down the race element. 

The CCTV footage of the suspect has only just been released.

The whole "major incident" story will no doubt be 'played down' now. Like I said earlier, black people have been stabbing other people (as well as each other) in Birmingham for some time, so this isn't exactly new.

As Sadiq Khan would say "part and parcel of living in a big city".

West Midlands Police just find themselves in the 'uncomfortable' position of having to make enquiries and try and apprehend a 'young black male' while the spectre of Black Lives Matter is looming over, with all its accusations of 'systemic racism' being bandied everywhere.

Like I said earlier, I don't care about race, there is a murderer on the loose, and this person needs to be apprehended before anyone else gets killed.

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The CCTV footage of the suspect has only just been released.

The whole "major incident" story will no doubt be 'played down' now. Like I said earlier, black people have been stabbing other people (as well as each other) in Birmingham for some time, so this isn't exactly new.

As Sadiq Khan would say "part and parcel of living in a big city".

West Midlands Police just find themselves in the 'uncomfortable' position of having to make enquiries and try and apprehend a 'young black male' while the spectre of Black Lives Matter is looming over, with all its accusations of 'systemic racism' being bandied everywhere.

Like I said earlier, I don't care about race, there is a murderer on the loose, and this person needs to be apprehended before anyone else gets killed.

making it impossible to police such a situation. All by design. 

Makes me sick...

So bbc news right now, it’s now “man wanted for questioning” so they are already downplaying it, despite all the major incident stuff throughout the day.

this was a few mins into the hour news slot on the news channel, normally they would be right on the scene wanting it in our faces?

no mention about the 23 year old that has died or that he’s still out there, but keep the Covid banter going 

it’s been so blatantly downplayed now, you would think others would notice.....

8E7B1A37-07CD-418D-9942-C5D500FE7D31.jpeg

12ECE936-D973-471D-8920-F4712535D683.jpeg

• Like 1