Any advice for video posting?

5 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

I'm a complete novice with video posting. Can anyone tell me if this one below takes too long to load? How can I get videos to load straight away? I'm talking about personal videos without URLs.

https://ln2.sync.com/dl/105f08270/vttbuhvq-pskyf3hm-jj4yvdj3-pvxekmc2

If you want videos to 'appear' straightaway in forum posts, they'll need to be uploaded to and hosted somewhere like YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion that support oEmbed standards to allow them to be 'embedded'.

Alternatively, you can upload your videos to BitChute, but this forum software doesn't support auto-embedding of BitChute videos yet, you can paste the link and people can then click-through to watch the video on BitChute.

Your link is for some kind of Dropbox-type service, where people have to download the video in order to view it.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

If you want videos to 'appear' straightaway in forum posts, they'll need to be uploaded to and hosted somewhere like YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion that support oEmbed standards to allow them to be 'embedded'.

Alternatively, you can upload your videos to BitChute, but this forum software doesn't support auto-embedding of BitChute videos yet, you can paste the link and people can then click-through to watch the video on BitChute.

Your link is for some kind of Dropbox-type service, where people have to download the video in order to view it.

Ta once again. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2020 at 8:53 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

How do you embed video's from Youtube now? I tried copying the link on Youtube and pasting it and the post didn't resolve it and show the video?

Also, while your here, I've always used the quote function manually by using (quote) and (/quote) but this also does not appear to be working now and I haven't figured out how to multiquote a post anymore without doing it manually, especially if you want to add two quotes from two different poster into the same reply, manual quoting was the only way to go.

6 hours ago, pi3141 said:

How do you embed video's from Youtube now? I tried copying the link on Youtube and pasting it and the post didn't resolve it and show the video?

Also, while your here, I've always used the quote function manually by using (quote) and (/quote) but this also does not appear to be working now and I haven't figured out how to multiquote a post anymore without doing it manually, especially if you want to add two quotes from two different poster into the same reply, manual quoting was the only way to go.

See: