2 hours ago, Comedy Time said:

No. To get to the Moon, you need something light enough to be accelerated from here and slowed down when it gets there. The shuttle simply cannot do either.

The point was it is very much more accessible than mars. More serviceable. The semantics of rocket technology were a little above my knowledge. That said....moon rocket technology versus mars rocket technology? Hmmm. I would suggest most people can see the one needs much more complex fuel, food, medicine, human biology consideraration than the other? And yet it is mars we are trying to colonise ..not the moon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WHY IS THE MOON UPSIDE DOWN IN AUSTRALIA   I've lived in Australia all my life ,and let me tell you the moon has always been the right way up 🤔 I think

We have over 80 pages of the flat earth thread then in the space section with regards to the gravity error it was turned into a flat earth thread and now when we are trying to have a logical discussio

Mod note:   Let's keep this thread 'on-topic' on the subject of The Moon, no more 'Flat Earth' hijacking please.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, kj35 said:

The point was it is very much more accessible than mars. More serviceable. The semantics of rocket technology were a little above my knowledge. That said....moon rocket technology versus mars rocket technology? Hmmm. I would suggest most people can see the one needs much more complex fuel, food, medicine, human biology consideraration than the other? And yet it is mars we are trying to colonise ..not the moon.

Colonise Mars ....pie in the sky. They need to overcome enormous hurdles. Not least that Mars has no magnetosphere and consequently doesn't stop solar radiation. Plus stopping it for the really long journey time. 

The food and stuff would be dead easy in comparison.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, Comedy Time said:

Colonise Mars ....pie in the sky. They need to overcome enormous hurdles. Not least that Mars has no magnetosphere and consequently doesn't stop solar radiation. Plus stopping it for the really long journey time. 

The food and stuff would be dead easy in comparison.

We agree then.its madness. They should be looking closer to home. Ie THE MOON. 

Which was my original point 

On 10/6/2020 at 12:10 AM, Basket Case said:

lndeed.
Why ?

WHY IS THE MOON UPSIDE DOWN IN AUSTRALIA

I've lived in Australia all my life ,and let me tell you the moon has always been the right way up 🤔 I think

Edited by peter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, peter said:

WHY IS THE MOON UPSIDE DOWN IN AUSTRALIA

I've lived in Australia all my life ,and let me tell you the moon has always been the right way up 🤔 I think

I've spent most of my time in South London but have travelled a lot. 

I spent 18 months in Australia travelling all over. The sky there is totally amazing. So much clearer than anything I've ever seen in Europe. 

I have a very clear recollection of being inland in the Flat Lands - a small town called Hay I believe, half a days drive from Forbes and the Parkes historic Observatory. 

The night sky literally blew my mind.

I sat outside at night for hours - absolutely stunned and in total awe. It looked like some super being had graffitied on the sky with a huge can of white splatter spray. The Moon as you say was the right way up for Australia (wrong way for Europe) and what constellations that could be seen in the overwhelming sky were totally alien to a European. 

The Earth we've been given to inhabit in this Realm we call Reality has been presented to us as a Globe. 

BC 

6 hours ago, Basket Case said:

I've spent most of my time in South London but have travelled a lot. 

I spent 18 months in Australia travelling all over. The sky there is totally amazing. So much clearer than anything I've ever seen in Europe. 

I have a very clear recollection of being inland in the Flat Lands - a small town called Hay I believe, half a days drive from Forbes and the Parkes historic Observatory. 

The night sky literally blew my mind.

I sat outside at night for hours - absolutely stunned and in total awe. It looked like some super being had graffitied on the sky with a huge can of white splatter spray. The Moon as you say was the right way up for Australia (wrong way for Europe) and what constellations that could be seen in the overwhelming sky were totally alien to a European. 

The Earth we've been given to inhabit in this Realm we call Reality has been presented to us as a Globe. 

BC 

yes when your out in the sticks the night sky is something to behold