David Icke books ban - Contact Waterstones!

kh904

Hi everyone,

I understand David Icke's books have been removed from Waterstones on the accusation of David being anti-semetic (which he has always denied).

Instead of just accepting this, i've decided to contact the CEO of Waterstones to ask him reconsider the decision.

Please contact Waterstone to do the same and feel free to amend my e-mail to personalise it (but please be polite, no abuse, stay off the NWO/conspiracy arguments and keep it straight to the point)

Here's my e-mail:

[email protected]

Dear James Daunt

I am contacting you in regards to the news that the author David Icke’s books have been removed from your bookstores and online due to the unproven allegations of the author being anti-semetic (by an organisation called ‘Campaigning Against Anti-semetism’).

This campaign group are a political organisation (very much like BLM) that is smears it’s opponents with spurious claims of being anti-semetic which is definitely not the case for David Icke, who has clearly opposed and continuously stated that he believes, anti-semetism, sexism, racism etc is ridiculous.

CCA are a tool of the ever increasing cancel culture.

Why haven’t the CCA campaigned your store to remove Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kamf if they are against anti-semetism?

I would please urge you to reconsider the decision to remove David Icke’s books from your stores and website, otherwise this will embolden these activist groups to expand their campaign and demand banning authors of ‘hate’ such as the Harry Potter author JK Rowling, who is now accused of being ‘transphobic’.

As a free speech/anti-censorship advocate, I will unfortunately be boycotting your stores & website until the decision to remove David Icke’s books has been reversed

I hope you are able to review and reverse this decision and oppose the various activist groups who are the modern day censors and book burners going forward.

Yours sincerely

Mr XXXXXXX

I'll keep you updated with any replies!

• Like 1

That's great ...well done ...

In their minds waterstone must be thinking 'there's no smoke without fire why rould CAA pick on David?' .... I would point out David has tirelessly campaigned to bring attention to the plight of the Palestinians (and other groups) and this is the real reason this unjust accusation have been made ...

Also tell them there is currently a $10,000 reward for anyone finding any statements in DI's work that could be construed as antisemitic...I'm offering it . . 

Well I've just received the following reply from the CEO:

Dear Mr XXXX

We do not stock David Icke’s books, except by mistake, for no other reason than that they are self-published. The books removed numbered a small handful that became part of our stock in error.

We stock only a small percentage of the books in print – across all the shops about 300,000 titles from amongst the many millions in print. We take this curation seriously and removed the small number of copies when their presence in one of our shops was brought to our attention because of Mr Icke’s association with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

David Icke’s anti-Semitic comments have been widely publicised and have been cause for him to be denied entry to Australia, amongst other actions taken by responsible bodies.

In short, we will not be stocking David Icke’s books because they do not meet our criteria for selection.

I am sorry that we lose your custom in consequence. I respect your views on the need for free-speech and to guard against censorship. The actions of a bookshop to curate a small, considered selection of stock do not run counter to these principles.

Regards

James

Just now, kh904 said:

Well I've just received the following reply from the CEO:

Dear Mr XXXX

We do not stock David Icke’s books, except by mistake, for no other reason than that they are self-published. The books removed numbered a small handful that became part of our stock in error.

We stock only a small percentage of the books in print – across all the shops about 300,000 titles from amongst the many millions in print. We take this curation seriously and removed the small number of copies when their presence in one of our shops was brought to our attention because of Mr Icke’s association with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

David Icke’s anti-Semitic comments have been widely publicised and have been cause for him to be denied entry to Australia, amongst other actions taken by responsible bodies.

In short, we will not be stocking David Icke’s books because they do not meet our criteria for selection.

I am sorry that we lose your custom in consequence. I respect your views on the need for free-speech and to guard against censorship. The actions of a bookshop to curate a small, considered selection of stock do not run counter to these principles.

Regards

James

Well if they've been "Widely publicised " he should be able to give you a link and claim the $10,000 reward ! 

The bitter irony here is that David is opposed to companies like Amazon gaining an increasing monopoly over world business, and this directly affects Waterstones. 

They probably think this little bit of virtue-signalling will in some way save them. It won't. I'd be amazed if they last another year. I'm surprised they haven't gone bust already - another example of competition for Amazon in the bookseller stakes falling by the wayside.

And after this, I have no sympathy. They are virtue-signalling morons who think they know more than they do, like so many nowadays. Fuck them. When they go bust within the next year or so, which they will, good riddance - that'll teach them for trying to pile on their pathetic attempts to destroy a man's career.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kh904 said:

their presence in one of our shops was brought to our attention because of Mr Icke’s association with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

Another "Repeater" - just repeating exactly what the nice folks at the CAA told him. No shred of evidence required, and I bet this CEO of Waterstone's can't quote a single 'anti-Semitic' comment that David Icke has ever made.

• Like 2

I would bet that James Daunt  has never read a David Icke book, nor watched any of his talks. He is merely repeating what he has seen in the MSM about him. 

Look at this,  they are happy to stock books by the war criminal, Tony Blair!

https://www.waterstones.com/book/a-journey/tony-blair/9780099525097

This book is being sold to kids. Absolutely disgusting. 

https://www.waterstones.com/book/while-we-cant-hug/eoin-mclaughlin/polly-dunbar/9780571365609

A fun, charming tale about how to show someone you love them whilst maintaining social distancing, While We Can’t Hug takes characters from McLaughlin’s beloved The Hug and places them in a new setting to reflect these unusual times. Ideal for helping little ones make sense of the current pandemic. 

The bestselling and heart-warming picture book that shows us ways to be affectionate while social distancing, from the team behind The Hug. Hedgehog and Tortoise were the best of friends. They wanted to give each other a great, big hug. But they weren't allowed to touch. "Don't worry," said Owl. "There are lots of ways to show someone you love them." So the two friends wave to each other, blow kisses, sing songs, dance around and write letters. And even though they can't hug and they can't touch, they both know that they are loved. A gorgeous, uplifting, inspiring picture book that makes social distancing fun!

Edited by greatdayforfreedom
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, greatdayforfreedom said:

I would bet that James Daunt  has never read a David Icke book, nor watched any of his talks. He is merely repeating what he has seen in the MSM about him. 

This book is being sold to kids. Absolutely disgusting. 

https://www.waterstones.com/book/while-we-cant-hug/eoin-mclaughlin/polly-dunbar/9780571365609

How ironic. 

Well that was a passive aggressive response you got. Am I being a bit thick or did he contradict himself? Is it that he is self published, or "anti-Semitic"? 

Seems to be like 2019 2020 is finding out how disgusting companies really are. The bigger they get the more they feel the need to virtue signal and jump on bandwagons to show how "morally pure" they are. Such is the way in this sound bite twitter culture. 

Not sure how businesses work, whether it's the CEOs getting messages from these countering hate or whatever the hell they are called and panicking. Probably got a ton of mail threatening them from lunatics. And they like so many others are happy to bend over backwards for. 

Used to shop there quite often but won't be anymore. I prefer charity shops and old dusty book shops anyway myself. 

I'm glad I've seen this. I won't be writing to them simply because they have made their coffins for themselves now. I hope they suffer the consequences. 

Any company that wants to virtue signal can fuck right off in my opinion and need to be ruthlessly discarded. Vodafone, Yorkshire and Pg tips included. 

I sent Waterstones a short and sharp message after this was revealed on the Icke website. I quoted a short passage from David’s letter and demanded his books be reshelved. I also meant to pop into the store in Trafalgar Square on the weekend, just for a laugh, to ask if they stocked any books by David Icke. 

Edited by Red Pilled

Well I've read all Davids books & I've never come across anything anti-semetic, they just love to pin this label on anyone they want to ruin .

Take Rick Wiles from trunews.com they have banned his video's from You Tube plus they have banned his site from using Pay-Pal, plus he's had countless death threats.

It all stinks!

On 8/31/2020 at 9:01 PM, Red Pilled said:

I sent Waterstones a short and sharp message after this was revealed on the Icke website. I quoted a short passage from David’s letter and demanded his books be reshelved.

To be fair, if they have a policy on not stocking 'self-published' books, that's a fair enough reason (in my opinion) for them not stocking David Icke's books, and I doubt any such 'demands' would be met.

(It does beg the question though of how come they ended up with a 'small number' of his books in one of their shops - wouldn't surprise me if someone from the CAA 'planted' them there in order to 'manufacture an outrage' to be honest, especially if Waterstones admit they would not normally stock any Icke books).

It's their entirely typical response that bothers people who are concerned about censorship and freedom of speech though.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week, I popped into Waterstones, which I had bought Icke's The Trigger last year from,  and I asked about the latest book by David Icke, The Answer, the polite and helpful lady, behind a plastic COVID defence screen, said due to the current climate it had been withdrawn, a few weeks previously.  I replied, so one cannot buy a certain book and decide for oneself if it is valid or not.  I remarked it was very Orwellian, 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury). I asked if I one could buy Mein Kampf from Waterstones and she said yes.  I saw the sale assistant realise the contradiction in being able to buy a book by Mr A. Hitler, Esq and not by David Icke.  I said that I could buy David Icke's new book from Amazon (which I will not) and that Amazon shares have doubled since the beginning of 2020 and that the high street shops were suffering & closing etc.

Edited by Orange Alert
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, greatdayforfreedom said:

Funny enough, when I bought David Icke's The Trigger at Waterstone's I got into a nice chat with a member of staff and we got onto book signings, Tony Blair and the events were halted because of anti-war protests.  Here is an article with Tony Blair book signing at Waterstone's being cancelled. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-11197376

Tony Blair cancels book signing amid protest fears

• 6 September 2010

Tony Blair has cancelled a planned book signing in London on Wednesday to prevent causing the public and the police "a lot of hassle".

Mr Blair said: "I don't want the public to be inconvenienced by the inevitable hassle caused by protesters."

Eggs and shoes were thrown at the former UK prime minister at a similar event in Dublin at the weekend.

Mr Blair earlier told ITV it was "not as if we need" to do signings to sell copies of his memoirs.

Announcing his decision to scrap the long-planned event, he said: "I know the Metropolitan Police would, as ever, have done a superb job in managing any disruption but I do not wish to impose an extra strain on police resources, simply for a book signing.

"I'm really sorry for those - as ever the majority - who would have come to have their books signed by me in person. I hope they understand."

'Concerned'

Four men were arrested after eggs, bottles and shoes were thrown at him during anti-Iraq war protests at the Dublin signing following the release of his memoirs last week.

Mr Blair described those involved as a "minority", adding that, on such occasions, "the protesters get all the publicity".

Another event had been planned for Waterstone's in Piccadilly, central London, on Wednesday, with rigorous security measures in place.

But ahead of it being cancelled Mr Blair, prime minister from 1997 to 2007, told the ITV breakfast programme Daybreak: "To be frank about it, I am concerned - if people want to have a book signed, people should protest but not try and physically prevent you doing it."

Waterstone's said the signing was cancelled on "the wishes of the author".

Managing director Dominic Myers, said, "Our job as a bookseller is to bring books to our customers, and where possible enable them to meet authors as well.

"It is a matter of regret that because of the likely actions of a minority, our customers are now not able to meet a three-times elected prime minister of the United Kingdom, whose book has become our fastest-selling autobiography ever."

Mr Blair said he would provide signed copies for the store to sell instead.

Lindsey German, convener of the Stop The War Coalition, said the former prime minister "was too frightened to appear at the book signing because he knows that the protests represent widespread opposition to his war-mongering".