The wickedest man in the world: Aleister Crowley documentary

7 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Dont you realise that there was a time that christianity was trying to make itself the global religion and used any possible means to achieve it?

What kind of brainlet, fedora tipping, reddit crap is this?

Saying shit everyone knows already doesn't get you internet gold here.

I disavow Christians imposing their values on people too.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

1 minute ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

What kind of brainlet, fedora tipping, reddit crap is this?

Saying shit everyone knows already doesn't get you internet gold here.

I disavow Christians imposing their values on people too.

You many not like it but it has been a tool of repression for centuries. Every place European armies went to conquer and plunder had Christianity forced upon them, as well as many deadly diseases.

If the truth makes you free then why have so many people been enslaved by christianity? many have had their natural being warped and distorted by perverse and backward doctrines. Even St Paul says that slavery is OK.

Just now, MarpatV2 said:

Another meaningless throwaway comment that relates to just about everything

yep, thats about how much you need to learn

1 minute ago, MarpatV2 said:

Its your choice to be the slave of a doctrine that was give the thumbs up by a pagan Roman emperor

lots of people burning the strawmen around here, i guess its easier than proper debate

2 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Why do you think other gospels were binned? its because they had information in there that the early church didnt want to get out, info that would remove their power, control and influence, which the emperor was going to use as a method of social control.

we are all controlled by something, you choose a dead drug addict and i choose the natural order, to each their own

Just now, MarpatV2 said:

You many not like it but it has been a tool of repression for centuries. Every place European armies went to conquer and plunder had Christianity forced upon them, as well as many deadly diseases.

If the truth makes you free then why have so many people been enslaved by christianity? many have had their natural being warped and distorted by perverse and backward doctrines. Even St Paul says that slavery is OK.

Oh ffs. It's like talking to a child. I KNOW.

Does that mean I should jump out of the frying pan and into the fire?

The old world wasn't perfect, but we didn't have cockroaches trying to monitor all our thoughts, movements, and consumption.

13 minutes ago, killing raven sun said:

yep, thats about how much you need to learn

lots of people burning the strawmen around here, i guess its easier than proper debate

we are all controlled by something, you choose a dead drug addict and i choose the natural order, to each their own

Well this is where you are wrong. The thelemic path is not about seeing Crowley as the supreme leader, just a person who laid out a rough ground plan. Also, Crowley too heroin for asthma, so its not his fault he got hooked. He isnt like people today who take it to escape life, etc.

The true, spiritual will of each person should be in harmony with natural law. It just IS and doesnt need an ancient book to prove it. All people have to do is remove the garbage that has kept their spirit isolated behind walls of dogma and falsehood.

You aren't burning anything really. The fact is that christianity, as it stands, is becoming defunct. This is not because some evil agency is trying to destroy it but its becoming irrelevant to the conditions of the world.

15 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

The old world wasn't perfect, but we didn't have cockroaches trying to monitor all our thoughts, movements, and consumption.

I think that such things did occur back then except they didnt have the same technology. Didnt early christians have to leave symbols and signs at place to show where their secret meetings were, to avoid infiltration and persecution? yes, THEY were once the secret society trying to undermine the normal lives of people.

Didnt Jesus tell his followers not to fear the upheavals and changes that they would suffer? didnt he say these things must come to pass? didnt he tell them to stick to his teachings and not worry about troubles? what we see in the world is those who think they are his followers trying to use the bible as an excuse to shit on everybody instead of sticking to what he told them in the book.

8 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

Crowley too heroin for asthma, so its not his fault he got hooked. He isnt like people today who take it to escape life, etc.

lol as fuck, you obviously dont know anything about heroin or drug addicts, add it to the list

10 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

The true, spiritual will of each person should be in harmony with natural law. It just IS and doesnt need an ancient book to prove it.

well then its settled, you dont need crowley or his books either, youre welcome

11 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

You aren't burning anything really.

youre right, it was you that burnt the strawman, maybe work on that reading comprehension thing

16 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

I think that such things did occur back then except they didnt have the same technology.

On a global scale with nations working in lockstep? With a global tech hub that it's not PC to talk about?

Most the things you accuse Christians of are happening now, but you embrace it all because it's not coming from Christians. Why?

It's nice to see we're living rent free in your head though. At least I can prove the patterns I see.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

On a global scale with nations working in lockstep? With a global tech hub that it's not PC to talk about?

Most the things you accuse Christians of are happening now, but you embrace it all because it's not coming from Christians. Why?

It's nice to see we're living rent free in your head though. At least I can prove the patterns I see.

The fact is this thread is about Crowley. Given his stance on personal freedom I believe he would be against all forms of unnecessary state intrusion, as thelemites are.

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I get the feeling he hates Europeans.

He talks like a BLM lunatic to be honest.

I wonder if he wants to reparations from the white devil.

Just now, Truthspoon said:

I get the feeling he hates Europeans.

He talks like a BLM lunatic to be honest.

I wonder if he wants to reparations from the white devil.

Lol, nice try but I'm white and I dont hate europeans.

Did I trigger your far right sensibilities?

38 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

The Christians who actually went out to Africa, such as Henry Morton Stanley, did so with the highest and best motives.

The problem was the world powers and governments had other interests and anyone who want you to believe these were Christians takes you for an idiot.

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried.”

G.K. Chesterton, What's Wrong with the World

Edited by Truthspoon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

The fact is this thread is about Crowley. Given his stance on personal freedom I believe he would be against all forms of unnecessary state intrusion, as thelemites are.

Aleister "It's not **** but blacks" Crowley
Aleister "****** Kabbalah is my religion" Crowley
Aleister "Opium abuse is spirituality" Crowley
Aleister "Eating shit is Divine Relevation" Crowley

Lol, nice try but I'm white and I dont hate europeans.

Did I trigger your far right sensibilities?

Lol.... You're really coming across very badly and sound rather like a seedy relic confused about the world he lives in having never really figured anything out except a massive feeling of self-importance and the dominance of his own personal desires.

Silly old fool.

Just like Crowley when he was old and confused.

Just now, EnigmaticWorld said:

Aleister "It's not **** but blacks" Crowley
Aleister "****** Kabbalah is my religion" Crowley
Aleister "Opium abuse is spirituality" Crowley
Aleister "Eating shit is Divine Relevation" Crowley

Lol, are those his words or yours?

The guy wasnt perfect but only human. At least we know about him as an actual person and not the polished bullshit that you get after centuries of manipulation and image management. In the gnstic gospels there are some references to Jesus that are a bit dark, which is why I suspect those gospels never saw the light of day.

Just now, Truthspoon said:

Lol.... You're really coming across very badly and sound rather like a seedy relic confused about the world he lives in having never really figured anything out except a massive feeling of self-importance and the dominance of his own personal desires.

Silly old fool.

Just like Crowley when he was old and confused.

Nothing to say then? didnt Jesus warn his followers about calling people fools?

EVERYBODY gets confused, lol.

Thelema isnt about personal desire, its about self realisation really, the true self. I guess you see it as a threat because its more about liberty rather than having their behaviour controlled by a book.

And by the same logic you dont need the bible or everything that it has spawned.

damn straight, there is no use for any religion anymore, just reconnect with nature already and be done with it, the world would be better off if everyone moved past religion and just started paying attention to how the earth works, its fucking shameful that i have to point out such basic truths, our disconnect from the universe is the original sin

2 minutes ago, killing raven sun said:

damn straight, there is no use for any religion anymore, just reconnect with nature already and be done with it, the world would be better off if everyone moved past religion and just started paying attention to how the earth works, its fucking shameful that i have to point out such basic truths, our disconnect from the universe is the original sin

In thelema the only sin is restricting your true, spiritual self.

And I agree, knowledge of how the world works is paramount as we are a natural part of it. Its foolish to try and impose beliefs on the natural world.

Edited by MarpatV2

5 minutes ago, MarpatV2 said:

In thelema the only sin is restricting your true, spiritual self.

That sounds like the kind of thing that might appeal to pederasts and murderers...

In reality there are lots of sins. Lots of bad things civilised people do not do because they know they have terrible consequences.

Sin is a real thing and indulging in sin has terrible psychological  and material consequences.

This is how we know that objective morality truly exists, because we can see what happens when we try to operate outside of a healthy moral system.

Edited by Truthspoon
  • Like 1