Pedophilia rings in schools

So this is quite an uncomfortable topic for me to discuss, but I need to put it out there.

Pedophiles in schools.

I grew up in a small village, NE Scotland and during my school time there (as well as after), there have been a number of cases relating to pedophilia and one alarming case which stood out to me was our deputy head teacher. 

As a mother, obviously this is something I worry about and hadn't even thought about for a long time until this (sadly not that uncommon) article came out today from a school in the same radius as my old school..

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/court/man-74-facing-lengthy-jail-term-over-sex-abuse-of-girl-in-aberdeen-and-thailand/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Evening Express Daily Newsletter 2020-08-25&utm_term=EE - newsletter

Bloody horrific.

I don't know if it's linked to location or what..as I know a lot of very respectful school staff who would never dream to harm a child.

It just haunts me.

• 2 weeks later...