year 4 english lessons overcomplicated?

during lockdown i was looking for some online english lessons.

the stour academy trust were recording lessons daily and putting them on youtube which i thought was pretty cool.

so i sat down with my child to watch a few year 4 english lessons.

the teacher started talking about writing passages using "coordinating conjunctions" and "subordination conjunctions"

i'm like "that means nothing to me" and started to google it.

am i mental or is that totally inappropriate language for a 9 year old to understand?

anyway a couple of explanations i have found since.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

This is all total garbage.  The only thing a "child" is going to remember is "gluey" ... whatever the fuck that means.

What is happening is the author of this material is trying to appear really smart by using the grammatical name for this part of speech probably because he has to, but he does not respect traditional grammar teaching and so adds on the moron phrase "gluey".

One of the things this does to children is teaches them to ignore serious words and education ... and always look for the moron phrase.

In the same way students study for several years for their exam ... but this is not respected so their exam results are either exaggerated by their "teacher" (to make the school look good) or fixed by the exam board or whatever.  The educated level of the student is almost irrelevant.

The choice of example sentences is very poor, plucked out of the air with no real meaning and a pretty low level of English.

Scintillating sentences  ... this phrase at the top is used to "excite" students because with education organised by the undead, students are wondering if life is worth living.

Better to dump this shit and read the classics.

• Like 1

All lessons are structured to assist development of an elite student

Swimming lessons designed to train olympic athletes

English designed to train the next poet laureate  

Even football clubs are moving forward for the nexv messi at  age 4 teams

The children that struggle are given help but  hey are not the catchment 

I know most schools steal from the 'special needs moneypot' to put into 'glamour projects'

I know one inner city primary in a very deprived area whos head has nutured a culture of staff before students to the extent that special holiday prizes (donated to the school) for the children who would never get to madrid are taken by head and assistant head families for a free jolly. Same place was given football club merchandise for the poor kids but taken home by staff

But anyway

Its the death of art and learning for the sake of learning

Edited by zArk
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, zArk said:

All lessons are structured to assist development of an elite student

Swimming lessons designed to train olympic athletes

English designed to train the next poet laureate  

Even football clubs are moving forward for the nexv messi at  age 4 teams

The children that struggle are given help but  hey are not the catchment 

I know most schools steal from the 'special needs moneypot' to put into 'glamour projects'

I know one inner city primary in a very deprived area whos head has nutured a culture of staff before students to the extent that special holiday prizes (donated to the school) for the children who would never get to madrid are taken by head and assistant head families for a free jolly. Same place was given football club merchandise for the poor kids but taken home by staff

But anyway

Couldn't agree more.

Just now, Deus_Videt said:

Seems to be an English equivalent of Common Core math.

Of course ... this does not happen by chance , education has been intentionally corrupted to make learning frustrating so people give up ....

The medical system is designed to keep you sic and slow kill 

The legal system is designed to keep the most number of criminals out on the street 

The ET's who control the cabal make sure society is sabotaged ! 

• Like 1

talking of maths i had the same in year 2 with partitioning. (had to look that fkr up to.)

we all know column addition

partitioning

314+222

300+200 500

10+20       30

4+2             6

lets increase the number of processes a child can make a mistake on.

14 hours ago, zArk said:

They are not training "Olympic athletes" ... what they are doing is living in dreams, talking big talk about big success, every second word is achievement or success or high results ... there is no reality in that.  The teachers are just living in a big dream.

They don't look into the eyes of the students, they don't speak to them ... students are used as a place to spray your fantasies on.

Subtraction the point is to learn to count downwards.  This is very important.  If you count downwards by counting upwards you mess your head up.  It's like staying in to go out.  Fucks your head up.

Partitioning every stupid idea is dropped on the child's head in order to assist them.  Stop assisting the students just give them some space and time and peace ... by leaving your bullshit outside of the classroom.  You can only imagine the orgy of talk of league fucking tables and failing schools and category 1 schools and all this bullshit ... you would imagine from that talk that squadrons of spartan children are being created in the UK, rather than stressed confused illiterate impractical phone watchers.

Partitioning is a useful type of technique that is used in the field for 'dead reckoning' but children need to have space to learn the basics fully and well so that counting up and counting down is part of their inner system.  Then much later some might wish to learn fancier techniques.

There is a fetishising of children's education and using them for fantasy ideas ... that points to the ungroundedness of the adults involved in education.

The unreal educates the unreal.

The real educates the real.

My neighbours had their first child last year and all I saw was endless boxes delivered from Amazon, endless piles of empty boxes in the garbage ... huge amounts of consumer nonsense, and plastic rainbow coloured idiot "toys".

Children might be small and young but they aren't idiots.  And they aren't pets either.

They don't want to be baby babied.  Initially kids think the adults are fucking idiots when they waggle the rainbow mothercare piece of shit plastic in their face ... the children are thinking what is wrong with these retards.  But then you learn that acting like a retard is the only way to deal with your parents and the world.

My advice is gather together all your baby baby shit and burn it on a big fire in the garden.

Then start speaking to the people who are your children as people and include them in your own normal activities, actually include them in what you yourself normally do - as long as it's not watching TV.  Make them a part of your life and let them do anything they want to or can do.

And that's it.  Nothing special.  No baby baby shit.

These people are not for your amusement or to justify your life or fix your marriage or make you feel like you are worth something ... you are supposed to make sure of those things on your own.

Oh the children, Oh the children, Oh the children.

It's embarrassing how adults talk.  They talk like this because they have no life.  They have nothing, no goals, no ambition, no effort, no skills.  They just vegetate and then ... Oh the children ... Oh the fucking children.

The brainless seagulls on the roof have children every goddam year and build a house every year and don't make a big fuss about it.  Because they have a life.  And they fly.

k1.jpg

It's just like when people go on about their bloody doctor all the time or the goddam NHS.

Healthy people don't talk about doctors.

They don't have doctors.

Edited by rideforever

These English schools that pop up all over the place, especially in London, are nothing more than a scam. I taught English for a year in Indonesia after doing a month long TEFL course but when I came back to London in 2012, it was pretty obvious that the whole industry was just a money making racket run by shysters.

I got a job straight away with a school in Archway but it only lasted three weeks. I was just needed to fill in for two people who were on holiday - in Poland and Russia respectively, where they were originally from. 

That got right on my tits as every other country including China, Saudi, Taiwan, S Korea, Vietnam etc considered it necessary that all teachers had to be a native English speaker in order to be eligible for a teaching role. Every country in the world except the politically correct UK. (I hated the job anyway and just did it while travelling.)

I emailed every school in central London pretending to be a supervisor from Italy with 7/8 students looking for an English school making the demand that I only wanted English native speakers as teachers just to see what the response was. They all said virtually the same thing - that a lot of foreigners speak better English than a lot of natives. The truth was of course that while I wanted £12 an hour minimum, those damn Poles would be happy working for £7.50 an hour as it was back then. What really added fuel to the fire was that the school was owned by an Israeli couple who would have had great protection in their own country while taking full advantage of those Marxist, PC, multicultural types in the UK.