Headaches over past month

Ethel

Over the past month I have been experiencing an increase in the number of headaches I am having. I was wondering if this was linked to 5G, but the nearest masts to me are at least 20 miles away, in a city. 

I am not a person who is prone to headaches. It was usually a very occasional thing, but over the past month, they have increased dramatically. They are very draining. I cannot think of anything else, other than a nearby oil refinery and chemical plant churning out something new which is having a negative impact.

Has anyone else experienced this over the past month, and if not, any ideas why this has all of a sudden, out of the blue happened, when I have spent most of my life never getting headaches?

2 minutes ago, CyprusAvenue said:

@Ethel could be due to the weather, can be pretty muggy at times and rain has been in short-ish supply?  Any chance you could find out what's being produced locally?  Are you worrying even subconsciously?

I considered the weather, because there has been humidity in my part of the country. But today, for example, there is torrential rain, and it isn't particularly cold. Other times the headache occurred when it was sunny, humid and hot. So there appears to be no correlation. Between the headaches and the weather. 

I can't think of a way of finding out about the oil refinery.

As regards worry, I am generally anxious, especially post lockdown, because of how much things have changed, but I was anxious before lockdown, and never experienced headaches, so can rule that out too.

4 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Are you able to go and get a general check up. If you haven't already that is. Rule the basics out.

They're discouraging face to face appointments at my local surgery. I could try, but I'm fairly sure they'd discourage a face to face appointment for a headache. 

5 minutes ago, Ethel said:

They're discouraging face to face appointments at my local surgery. I could try, but I'm fairly sure they'd discourage a face to face appointment for a headache. 

Yeah I know, it's bloody ridiculous isn't it. But it's more than one headache and you're concerned enough to warrant a check up in my opinion. I was supposed to go for a cholesterol check up months ago, that's gone out of the window! 

2 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Yeah I know, it's bloody ridiculous isn't it. But it's more than one headache and you're concerned enough to warrant a check up in my opinion. I was supposed to go for a cholesterol check up months ago, that's gone out of the window! 

It's outrageous. During the 'lockdown', I visited my local practice to hand something in to the surgery, and they had moved all of the chairs out of the waiting area, almost as if they have no intention of re-opening. Psychology services in this area were cancelled in the last week of March and have not resumed. I spoke to my psychologist today and she informed me that they have no intention of resuming at any point in the near future.

Edited by Ethel
typo

1 minute ago, Ethel said:

It's outrageous. During the 'lockdown', I visited my local practice to hand something in to the surgery, and they had moved all of the chairs out of the waiting area, almost as if they have no intention of re-opening. Psychology services in this area were cancelled in the last week of March and have not resumed. I spoke to my psychologist today and she informed me that they have no intention of resuming at any point in the near future.

This is it, so obviously pre planned. They seemed to have abandoned people with mental health issues. Is the psychologist not even doing phone consultations? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

This is it, so obviously pre planned. They seemed to have abandoned people with mental health issues. Is the psychologist not even doing phone consultations? 

yes, but as I said to her, it isnt quite the same. its better than nothing i guess, but nothing creates a connection quite like face to face talking and eye contact, i think.

2 minutes ago, Ethel said:

yes, but as I said to her, it isnt quite the same. its better than nothing i guess, but nothing creates a connection quite like face to face talking and eye contact, i think.

I agree, it makes a world of difference. I know it still wouldn't be as good, but they'd could have set up video consultations.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethel said:

I considered the weather, because there has been humidity in my part of the country. But today, for example, there is torrential rain, and it isn't particularly cold. Other times the headache occurred when it was sunny, humid and hot. So there appears to be no correlation. Between the headaches and the weather. 

I can't think of a way of finding out about the oil refinery.

As regards worry, I am generally anxious, especially post lockdown, because of how much things have changed, but I was anxious before lockdown, and never experienced headaches, so can rule that out too.

@Ethel that's odd and it couldn't be dehydration?  Diet any different?  @BlueSky has made some good suggestions.  This NHS place is reasonably priced for finger prick tests you can do at home:

https://monitormyhealth.org.uk/#viewOurTests

Google the oil refinery with its location, check out business websites for any info.  Look on a map to see if there's any other manufacturing or industrial sites within a radius of your home.  

Hope you find some answers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

I agree, it makes a world of difference. I know it still wouldn't be as good, but they'd could have set up video consultations.  

Actually I was offered that too, but declined. I'm an old fashioned kinda person, and prefer that if I'm discussing feelings or something important, I prefer, where possible, to be in the same physical space. She accepted my decision and told me post other people had said the same thing.

2 minutes ago, CyprusAvenue said:

@Ethel that's odd and it couldn't be dehydration?  Diet any different?  @BlueSky has made some good suggestions.  This NHS place is reasonably priced for finger prick tests you can do at home:

https://monitormyhealth.org.uk/#viewOurTests

Google the oil refinery with its location, check out business websites for any info.  Look on a map to see if there's any other manufacturing or industrial sites within a radius of your home.  

Hope you find some answers.

Definitely not dehydration, I get 8 glasses of water a day. Diet is more or less the same, but the chemical plant/oil refinery is a possibility, although it would have to be something different, because I've lived in the town next to it for over 20 years. 

I suppose, realistically, it could be the stress of believing that we are in the midst of a descent into complete global fascism. I have to pinch myself sometimes when I witness what we are now living in.

4 minutes ago, Ethel said:

Actually I was offered that too, but declined. I'm an old fashioned kinda person, and prefer that if I'm discussing feelings or something important, I prefer, where possible, to be in the same physical space. She accepted my decision and told me post other people had said the same thing.

It's just a normal and natural thing to want to do.

Hopefully you can find some answers soon regarding your headaches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonTV said:

Have you been wearing a mask? As that can cause head aches. Also Vitamin b12 deficiency if you are vegan. 

When I get a headache I drink a lot of water and it tends to help. 

No, I don't wear a mask. I am in two separate exempt categories, and am opposed to them anyway because it is crucially important to get enough oxygen in the body. I also have been drinking lots of water. I generally aim for 8 glasses a day

45 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

Hey Ethel,

Where is the headache located? 

Is it worse when you bring your head towards your chest?

It mostly centers around the tender parts on the back of your neck, right at the top of your neck and the bottom of your skull, but it can also be on either side of the head too. It is wicked painful. The pain was so bad earlier today that I felt physically sick. This is incredibly anomalous, because as I said, I almost never get headaches

• 1 month later...

New black top on local road systems can cause folks to get headaches for a much as a year if its a whole parking lot; near your home.  Could be environmental, however all of the fake sweeteners R also known to cause headaches.   If its a fake sweetener causing the issue then research Monk Fruit sweetener, as its non caloric and taste like sugar while also completely natural.  In the morning everyone should drink a large glass of water as the glucose creation for the human brain needs an A.M. re-liquifying boast.  Also for me Blood pressure slightly high I need to take a baby aspirin pretty much every day now.  And U could look into a fiber increase as detoxing the body regularly is seriously important.   These R just a few ideas.  However, make sure your wireless phone is not next to your head as microwave signal from downline towers will go through everything including human flesh as to hit the phones receiving mechanism.   Also soaps with excessive perfumes cause headaches.   In other words something new has come U'r way, but U already know this. Godspeed from Michael...  P.S. study Nootropics on the net their brain boosters too.  Bright lights R also an issue

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 5:02 PM, Ethel said:

I reckon the plan is to shut down GP surgeries and move them online where you talk to an A.I docbot and tell it your symptoms, it comes up with the diagnosis and your prescription is sent to a chemist and you and collect it.

GPs don't seem to want to work these days, so they are walking right into redundancies! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi. I recommend you take chlorella.  It takes out heavy metals, and you will know if you have some heavy metals, because your #2  will come out like a shot gun.  That is your big clue.  A lot of people who get migraines take chlorella.  It seems to work, and recommended it to my brother in law, who used to get severe migraines.  Gone now.

As for brand recommendations, I think most brands are pretty good quality.