Jump to content

This is to all creatives/musicians out there who have lost hope


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, HistoryIsComplex said:

Since you are into making music - have you ever tried a new-generation MOD-tracker software like Renoise? (Supports Win and Mac OSX)

 

https://www.renoise.com/

 

Has a tracker-interface with VST plugins support.

 

If you need a FREE MOD-tracker, MilkyTracker is pretty sweet:

 

https://milkytracker.org/downloads/

 

For certain types of compositions - anything with a beat and baseline - a MOD Tracker just gets it done much more easily than a DAW/MIDI software.

 

 

 

 

I think i have heard of renoise but never used it. Thanks, I will check that out

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Haunted Universe said:

 

I do the same. Make electronic music to amuse myself and stay occupied when I can.

I got a copy of ableton a few years ago ,scratching my head though when it comes to really using it.

I'm  used to physical  instruments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

I got a copy of ableton a few years ago ,scratching my head though when it comes to really using it.

I'm  used to physical  instruments.

 

 

I tried using Audacity the other day for the first time the other day as it was free, what a waste of time. Full of bugs and does not co-operate. Utter shite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Haunted Universe said:

 

 

I tried using Audacity the other day for the first time the other day as it was free, what a waste of time. Full of bugs and does not co-operate. Utter shite.

I had a copy of that,

tbh most of the time now I just stick my phone on record and leave  it on top of the piano to record  there, it's only me listening to  the  replays most of the time.. I used to record and put on YouTube, can't  even make the effort now. I still enjoy playing and learning but it's more for me now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shadowmoon said:

I had a copy of that,

tbh most of the time now I just stick my phone on record and leave  it on top of the piano to record  there, it's only me listening to  the  replays most of the time.. I used to record and put on YouTube, can't  even make the effort now. I still enjoy playing and learning but it's more for me now.

 

Yeh i do the same.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haunted Universe said:

I'm a pathological over thinker and dwell on the past and despise the future

 

We all do.  And finding real solutions for that is very important.

So what are the solutions?  I can say some specific things but it takes time to change the thinking process, continuous effort.

When thinking about the past ... do it actively.  Meaning actually think, don't drift in thoughts.   Actually ask questions ... and actually answer them.   For instance I hate certain people from the past who did me wrong ... but if I actively and honestly think, I see that this drifting misery is not completely honest.  Yes people had certain responsibilities and didn't carry them out, yes they were scum, but also they weren't completely bad.  They had their reasons.  So I ask the questions more directly, what exactly was it that they did and why.  And then I answer the questions.

Slowly like this your thinking becomes more honest, straightforward and there is less worry, more certainty ... and that means you can tie up the past and forget it.  Because you are more sure of what did and what did not happen.

Drifting is like being in a long nightmare, it's also a bit like masturbation, emotional excitement and so on.

But it takes continuous interception of it, and straightening it out.  Who did what and why, and what they did that was wrong and what was right.

That is one thing.

A second thing is, what is my business exactly?  There are other creatures on this planet, they have their business.  And that's not my business.
So what is my business, and what is their?
This kind of interception breaks tethers with others that shouldn't be there.  When  you want others to be a certain way ... and they are not .... but it's not any of your business actually.

They are they, you are you.

You have your business.  They are their own person.
One type of tether is keeping accounts when you do things so that they owe you ... or you feel they owe you for some reason.   Well do they actually owe you something?  Yes or no?
Did you make a deal, or was it a deal the other side didn't know about.
Stopping keeping accounts and being more straight with people ... if you want them to do something tell them and look at them and see if they want to.  Maybe they will say no.  Who knows what they will say.
But this will give more depth to your relationships, you look at them in the eyes and see another person there, and you see yourself here.  No longer are you caught in a dreamlike dance of tethers and unconscious feelings.
Your eyes are open when you meet each other.
A third thing following on is ... what is it that I actually want?  What do I want to do?   Small things and medium things and big things.
Then go and try to do them.  One by one step by step.  Improvising if need be.  Finding things that will do even if they are not perfect.
Some ideas here.
This involves more active thinking, thinking with more intention and not drifting.
 

Being still and being peaceful is also good, I was listening to the open vastness this morning.

 

 

Edited by rideforever
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Haunted Universe said:

 

 

I think i have heard of renoise but never used it. Thanks, I will check that out

 

Its a modern remake of the old AMIGA-style MOD trackers like FastTracker II. Great for making techno/EDM music.

 

Except that this thing has MIDI support, VST plugins support and so forth.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I get where you are coming from, but closure is a nonsensical modern notion. If people ghost you for example, there's no resolving anything with them as they have chosen to be cowards. Most people I've known through this bullshit life have turned into a turncoat/coward/lowly son of a bitch. The few exceptions are ones I never expected to have that loyalty. They're not friends, but have stuck around and never flaked out. They are the ones that made the effort to stay in contact and so forth. They do what they say they are going to do.

 

I can't remember who came up with this, but my mind is like a museum of all the things that torment and haunt me, and I polish the brass plaques. They are there for life and theres no changing it. There have been experiences in life that leave scars. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

call it common place, phony, ludicrous or whatever you want and you'll be right, but what music is and what you may express through music better than otherwise if at all is..... 'love'... 

 

whether it's for creation or performance, inspiration and feeling come easy and make you a good musician whenever they express and vehicle human feelings towards your fellow(s), not towards your homeland or your country's constitution... music is a means to reach your fellowmen by trying to move them, entertain them and making them have the same impressions and feelings you got when composing or performing, but you first have to feel like doing it or you'll be a bad musician if it's not sincere... 

 

so when stepping outside or switching your TV on you see your fellowmen shopping or walking around wearing paper masks, watching they're keeping their 'distance' from one another and barking at their fellows who don't act the same, then not only you stop having ANY kind of feeling towards such people, but you even end up getting disgusted of yourself for being living in such a world without being able or having the means to move to a better place or do anything against it... 

 

it's deeply dehumanizing and I don't see how any good musician could be able to work in such climate and environment... COVID-19 enforcers are being killing empathy, humor, compassion, enthusiasm and all kinds of such human feelings in those who still got some, and once you've lost faith then you can't recover it... 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chud said:

call it common place, phony, ludicrous or whatever you want and you'll be right, but what music is and what you may express through music better than otherwise if at all is..... 'love'... 

 

whether it's for creation or performance, inspiration and feeling come easy and make you a good musician whenever they express and vehicle human feelings towards your fellow(s), not towards your homeland or your country's constitution... music is a means to reach your fellowmen by trying to move them, entertain them and making them have the same impressions and feelings you got when composing or performing, but you first have to feel like doing it or you'll be a bad musician if it's not sincere... 

 

so when stepping outside or switching your TV on you see your fellowmen shopping or walking around wearing paper masks, watching they're keeping their 'distance' from one another and barking at their fellows who don't act the same, then not only you stop having ANY kind of feeling towards such people, but you even end up getting disgusted of yourself for being living in such a world without being able or having the means to move to a better place or do anything against it... 

 

it's deeply dehumanizing and I don't see how any good musician could be able to work in such climate and environment... COVID-19 enforcers are being killing empathy, humor, compassion, enthusiasm and all kinds of such human feelings in those who still got some, and once you've lost faith then you can't recover it... 

 

 

 

 

Beautifully said. 

 

I've been trying to push my baritone/boring/out of tune voice with my new usb cardioid microphone. I hope that when i finally get my music out, people connect to the sincerity of my song writing and my short comings as a singer will not stand out.

Edited by Haunted Universe
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 4:59 AM, Haunted Universe said:

 

Sold my drumkit and 7 string as ive been back in the UK for under a year later living abroad for well over a decade. I'm saving up for everything again. I'm not great on guitar but i want to front my own band and be the song maker. I can shred real good prob due to being a drummer lol.  I'd like a Schecter 7 string this time, last guitar i had was a PRS, lovely guitar.  

Lol...I play a PRS..Had it since 94...Purple, don't know the official colour name.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 7:40 AM, Haunted Universe said:

'You can't solve those problems with thinking'.

 

Very true, but i cant help it. I'm a pathological over thinker and dwell on the past and despise the future as the current existence is mired with constant booby traps, brick walls and despair. Appreciate your input, thanks. 

 

Disagree 100%

'All men’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.’ ~Blaise Pascal

 

Think how many problems would be eased if we could learn to sit alone, in a quiet empty room. Some other philosopher said something similar, that the opportunity to sit in a dead silent room for hours on end with jut a candle is a luxury but I can't remember who.  

I never, ever take it for granted that I can do this any time. If you’re content to sit alone quietly, you don’t need to eat junk food, to shop on impulse, to buy the latest gadget, to be on social media to see what everyone else is talking about or doing, to compare yourself to others, to make more money to keep up with the Jones's , to achieve glory or power, to conquer other lands or wage war, to be rude or violent to others, to be selfish or greedy, to be constantly busy or productive. 

Nothing else matters and if you have a vodka and orange or a joint and silence. Your creative juices start to flow and you can really get lost in yourself without the need for others. I always write everything down when I'm in that frame of mind because that's how you keep ideas permanently.  

 

Edited by Smokestack Lightnin'
Link to post
Share on other sites

I spend most of my time alone. 

 

I go out to buy food then remain in my room for the rest of the day.

 

its not like theres anyone in the near vicinity to associate with. I'm prob 1 of 3 people who never wear a mask, tho i never see them.

 

Being alone is fine, for a while. It doesnt hurt to have some company once in a while. 

 

If only it were that simple to sit in a room and put aside differences. Might work for a while but in the end it falls apart.

 

I appreciate what you mean though. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sorry to 'counter-disagree' but I think you need socializing of some kind and human contacts be it only for emulation ('inspiration')… most artists if you except professional contacts live as 'outcasts' and I pretend to be both and got some good reasons for it by all means :classic_laugh:

 

Again music is life and more precisely 'social life' otherwise no one including me would ever need 'music'… it's just a medium to reach your fellowmen otherwise than by speech that too often induces misunderstanding or leads to fights… please note that I'm here referring to instrumental music and not songs of which lyrics too often lead to the same consequences…

 

Fact is 'e-interaction' doesn't make up for real life human contact since it doesn't allow to see and feel the vibes in your fellowman and it's why and how today's people are losing contact with reality, because they more and more feed on broadcast sounds and images over live impressions and feelings… we need to step and stay outdoor and talk to each other, all things COVID-666 was meant to dissuade or prevent people from doing in urban areas… they got 'rednecks' to do it for them in remote country lands...

 

 

Edited by chud
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Haunted Universe said:

 

Sweet. What style of music do you play? 

Whatever is presented to me to play over...Mainly blues/rock but I have a good basic grasp of all styles. When I'm writing my own stuff I  lean towards the proggy side of things. It's been said my playing style is a blend of Frank Dunnery and Gary Moore, I'll take that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...