Symbolism In Entertainment & Art

9 hours ago, Grumpy Grapes said:

In "The Black Hole" (1979) there is an 8-sided corridor. (approx 20 mins in). I can't find a relevant movie still.

I put this in because of the 8's, as well as the obviously checkered flooring. There are the little 8's on the mural, plus the O's in 'LOCO' are placed over the O's in 'MOTION'. There are 3 male and 3 female backing dancers. One of the female backing dancers comes across as a devil worshiper on crack. Hand signals right at the end of the video? Probably more besides. I can't be arsed to do screenshots, but I managed to find a still image online.

MV5BZTY5MmViYzEtYjc0MC00ZDZjLTk4OGEtOTJm

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Octovator said:

Indeed...........

Jvt43TQ.png

I never noticed the makeshift pyramid. Hidden in plain sight. There is what seems to be a small 6 pointed star on the mural as well. I am not referring to the yellow star here. I wonder if the mural, taken as a whole, is supposed to signify something? My gut feeling says it does.  

Edited by numnuts

Grange Hill series 9 from 1986, someone donates a fountain to the school & it only turns out to be a Pyramid with big all seeing eye on the top. 

Theres nothing in the story line to justify it apart from a girl being pushed in the water.

ase.jpg.5cbeb3e035d5c47210bb7e4a49cfd1df.jpg

Edited by Future9T3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

@WJ 777 Thanks for this

n 1984 New York City, guitarist Vernon Reid formed Living Colour, an iconic Black rock band whose fusion was influenced by free jazz, funk, hard rock, blues, and heavy metal. The band's lyrics range from personal to political and challenge stereotypical mentalities.

A-81049-1515688650-1524.jpg.ee69065575b03e3114e6b880f2cad1dd.jpg

The song was released on July 14, 1988

Lyrics

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality
I know your anger; I know your dreams.
I've been everything you want to be.
I'm the cult of personality.

Like Mussolini and Kennedy

593771169_unnamed(22).jpg.a066867e3cb24f91de178cdef11f0568.jpg.18da3632dc3713f868650d78e00cc27b.jpg

The cult of personality
The cult of personality
Neon lights, a Nobel Prize

You don't have to follow me.
Only you can set me free.
I sell the things you need to be.
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.

I exploit you still you love me.
I tell you one and one makes three.

Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi

unnamed.png.1aa65b76e17227bcc139b2e87a213723.png.b3479bb252c509018ba7393044805b76.png

The cult of personality
The cult of personality

Neon lights a Nobel Prize

You don't have to follow me.
Only you can set you free.
You gave me fortune.
You gave me fame.

You gave me power in your own god's name.  

I'm every person you need to be.
Oh, I'm the cult of personality.
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of personality.

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Corey Glover / Muzz Skillings / Vernon Alphonsus Reid / William Calhoun
Cult of Personality lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cult of personality, or cult of the leader,[1] arises when a country's regime – or, more rarely[citation needed], an individual – uses the techniques of mass mediapropaganda, the big liespectaclethe artspatriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states and dominant-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

• Thanks 1

David was talking about Eurovision Song Con-test 2024 in Dot Connector so I watched the Irish performance. wow

He called it demonic. They are so blatant now. The whore of Babylon/Lilith sitting on the cardinal point of the fountain to lead you all into the Hell. The grass is appropriately coloured in red for this purpose. All I can say is that know how to navigate the way of the Hell.

Official video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRXRrlIspY

At the contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMq8ofCstMQ

^ see right at the beginning, there is an illuminated equal armed cross (entry point of the other side), then she does the Dr Strange move to shift you into another dimension.

They placed 6th in TELEVOTING. 6th in JURIES and 6th OVERALL. 666. Their placement checks out

@poofyvod8758  days ago

I am a normal person in Ireland, and I assure you that this is the prayer we make before each meal

😂

Edited by DaleP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DaleP said:

David was talking about Eurovision Song Con-test 2024 in Dot Connector so I watched the Irish performance. wow

He called it demonic. They are so blatant now. The whore of Babylon/Lilith sitting on the cardinal point of the fountain to lead you all into the Hell. The grass is appropriately coloured in red for this purpose. All I can say is that know how to navigate the way of the Hell.

Official video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRXRrlIspY

At the contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMq8ofCstMQ

^ see right at the beginning, there is an illuminated equal armed cross (entry point of the other side), then she does the Dr Strange move to shift you into another dimension.

😂

Modern music is absolute demonic trash. I grew up in the 90s when music was actually good.

• Like 1